The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   That new SVX on ebay (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2085)

WestCoastSVX 11-28-2001 01:59 PM

That new SVX on ebay

Well just over an hour to go and the thing is at $25,100 with reserve still not met! I think this is the second time it is posted up there too. Anyone see what it got up to before? I can't find it on "completed auctions". Are they trying to sell the thing for original retail price or what??? :eek:

Aredubjay 11-28-2001 02:05 PM

Re: That new SVX on ebay

Quote:

Originally posted by MacGyver
Well just over an hour to go and the thing is at $25,100 with reserve still not met! I think this is the second time it is posted up there too. Anyone see what it got up to before? I can't find it on "completed auctions". Are they trying to sell the thing for original retail price or what??? :eek:
It hit 18,500 before. I've heard, from a trusted source, what the reserve is. I'll let my "source" tell you, though. I just don't have the heart. :D:D:D:D

Beav 11-28-2001 02:47 PM

I think they need to realize that the car is only 5 years old (it's a '97, right?) I can't think of many cars that have escalated in their first five years. They're probably fishing with the "there's an ass for every seat" bait. My guess would be that the best they can hope for at this point would be MSRP.

Beav

Aredubjay 11-28-2001 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Beav
I think they need to realize that the car is only 5 years old (it's a '97, right?) I can't think of many cars that have escalated in their first five years. They're probably fishing with the "there's an ass for every seat" bait. My guess would be that the best they can hope for at this point would be MSRP.

Beav

This would have to be an awful big ass. The bigger the ass, the deeper the pockets. This dude is D-R-E-A-M-I-N.

WestCoastSVX 11-28-2001 03:32 PM

Really? So I am gathering from your context that they are asking MORE than MSRP? :eek: On a 5 year old car? :eek:

If anything I was expecting 5 years of depreciation, even if the thing isn't yet titled. I'd say they need to keep it sealed up for another 25 years before they can expect any possible collector's value increase. It isn't a Shelby Mustang!

So now you really have my curiousity! What was the reserve? Tell me!

Tell me!

Tell me! :D :D :D

Aredubjay 11-28-2001 04:23 PM

If I told you, I may be breaking a confidence and taking the fun away from my "source," who will probably want to reveal it himself. Besides, It's a lot more fun this way. :D

svxcess 11-28-2001 06:48 PM

The correct answer is....
FIFTY THOUSAND DOLLARS! (That's $50,000 for those who prefer numerals)

EveryShadeofBlue 11-28-2001 07:12 PM

$50,000.....You're joking, right???? That is funny..... Those ugly aftermarket rims must have been an expensive add on option!

:)

Jeff

svxter 11-28-2001 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by svxcess

If that's an accurate figure, he's not just dreaming, he's hallucinating badly. Quick, Doctor, where are the heavy duty tranquilizers?

Jamsvx 11-28-2001 08:08 PM

The only recent car that I can think of off the top of my head that would have cost $0 to own, provided you sold it, was the McLaren F1.

Ie; could sell for more than bought

The only problem was you needed 635,000 POUNDS! to buy one to begin with.

Speaking of dreamers, a fool here in Sydney trying to sell a 1986 auto Vortex....for $9999AUD!!! About $5000 US!:D

Shakes head

Jamsvx

Ron Mummert 11-28-2001 08:22 PM

Fifty K? Chickenfeed. Keep it stored twenty more years & it'll be worth 250K. That'll be enough to put a kid through a year of community college in 2021. PLUS - it'll be THE LAST ONE LEFT....besides, of course, aredub's; whose rusting hulk adorns his front yard as a daisy planter. Yes... He finally painted it Y****w.
Just my 2K worth.
Ron.

SSSVX 11-28-2001 08:26 PM

yes $25x2K

Yes, I've mentioned that in the yahoo site. The reserve is $25x2K US dollars & second time on the ebay!!!! :eek:

It's gonna be a very rich man's toy or nobody? Let's see what happens & who will be the owner? :D Definitely not me! :p

If he'd like to sell me on $10K, I'll try many ways to take
loan(s). :rolleyes: :D :D :D

Beav 11-28-2001 08:35 PM

Look at the upside - if they get $50k y'all can double the price of your cars. That's the way the collector's market works - find one giant idiot and everybody else rides the coattails...:)

Beav

WestCoastSVX 11-29-2001 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by svxcess

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Aredubjay 11-29-2001 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by MacGyver

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Yeah, my sentiments exactly. Somebody's been partaking in the pleasures of some chemicals of the illicit and illegal sort.