The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Official 2004 FORMULA - 1 thread (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=19970)

GreenMarine 07-15-2004 11:40 AM

Official 2004 FORMULA - 1 thread

Here is the new Formula One thread for every race for the rest of the season... Everything Formula One related should be posted in here to make it easier to find similar posts in the future...
If we can get this thread Sticky-ed that would be cool :)
If not, I plan on practically living in this thread, since I don't have an SVX anymore...

Chiketkd 07-15-2004 11:42 AM

Cool!

First topic on the table...Is Montoya an ass or not? ;) :D

I say emphatically YES!!!

-Chike

GreenMarine 07-15-2004 11:42 AM

As much as I hate General Motors (Chevy, Olds, ect. ) I wouldn't mind seeing an American entry into F-1... I wonder if GM would be up to building a car for the world's most intense racing, and if they could hang in something other than oval racing(NASCAR)...

Any thoughts??

GreenMarine 07-15-2004 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Chiketkd
Cool!

-Chike

I haven't followed him much this year, but when I see him I can definitly see a diffrence in the way that he acts now as opposed to the way he acted when he was racing in the IRL(??)... Was it IRL or CART that he was in??? I don't remember...

GreenMarine 07-15-2004 11:47 AM

All of us formula one junkies should get This Game

as you can see, I'm bidding on mine at the moment... There are about 7 more on ebay too... :D:D:D

nordique14 07-15-2004 11:54 AM

Who is going to drive for Williams-BMW next year? I hope they will give Jacques a chance. I think he could contend with a good car underneath him (even if it has an ugly nose).

Matt

Royal Tiger 07-15-2004 12:20 PM

Green, was Career Challenge after the F1 2002? I have that one. What are the new features if it is newer?

Mr. Pockets 07-15-2004 12:28 PM

Quote:

Cool!

-Chike

Yes, and here's a good example.

Michael pushes Montoya off into the grass around a turn. Montoya says that was dirty. Montoya pushes his own teammate onto the grass on a straight and he calls it 'defending his position.'

'Nuff said, but I'll go on.

Montoya is an incredible hypocrite, complaining to anybody who will hear it that everybody is dirty for doing exactly the things that he does.

Earlier in the season, Montoya actually qualified P2, right behind Michael. At the post-qualifying press conference, a journalist tried to provoke Montoya into saying something outrageous over what would happen at the first corner. Montoya didn't take it, and just smiled at Michale and said, in a genuinely friendly way, 'we'll see what happens.'

I figured, hey, this guy's lightening up. Nope. He's been back to the same crap this season.

Honestly, I don't think he'll be satisfied at McLaren either. He wants what Michael has - an entire team behind him. But the guy hasn't got a clue how to get it.

Mr. Pockets 07-15-2004 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by nordique14
Who is going to drive for Williams-BMW next year? I hope they will give Jacques a chance. I think he could contend with a good car underneath him (even if it has an ugly nose).

Matt

Mark Webber is practically there already. The other seat is up in the air. I've heard so many names, and the one I'm most excited about is the one Peter Windsor says already has a deal - Fisichella. That'd be cool.

Chiketkd 07-15-2004 12:37 PM

I remember that whole episode with Montoya. He pushed Ralf off onto the grass causing him to wreck at the Indianapolis Grand Prix during the '03 race season... (I think)

I yelled at him through my tv screen for like 10 minutes after seeing that crap! :mad:

-Chike
Quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Pockets
Montoya pushes his own teammate onto the grass on a straight and he calls it 'defending his position.'

'Nuff said, but I'll go on.

Mr. Pockets 07-15-2004 12:45 PM

Quote:

I remember that whole episode with Montoya. He pushed Ralf off onto the grass causing him to wreck at the Indianapolis Grand Prix during the '03 race season... (I think)

I yelled at him through my tv screen for like 10 minutes after seeing that crap! :mad:

-Chike

The numerous collisions involving Ralf and Montoya have provided tons of entertainment.

I remember the collision you speak of, but I think it was in '02. I was there in '03 and I think it happened the year before.

Chiketkd 07-15-2004 01:09 PM

That's the one. The race seasons just blend together in my mind these days... (couldn't remember at first if it was the '02 or '03 season)

-Chike
Quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Pockets
I remember the collision you speak of, but I think it was in '02. I was there in '03 and I think it happened the year before.

Andy 07-15-2004 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by nordique14

Matt

If there was any justice, it would be Andy Priaulx. He must be the most talented driver outside F1, and better than many inside too.

GreenMarine 07-15-2004 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by PA_SVX
Green, was Career Challenge after the F1 2002? I have that one. What are the new features if it is newer?
From what I've heard the F-1 carrear challenge is suppose to be a sum of all the seasons from 1999 to 2002. Extreme detail went into the events that happened in those seasons (it even includes the wreck that micheal has at Silverstone and that puts him outta the game from then on out). There is more intelligent A.I. on this game from what I hear. Smarter drivers. You pretty much work your way up from a rookie trying to get a team to sign you, to trying to be world champ. It sounds pretty cool... I honestly was expecting a F-1 2003 or something, but all the searches that I've done said that this is the newest F-1 game out there... :rolleyes:

I don't know much about these games... I've been a Gran Tourismo baby all my playstation years :D:D:D

Mr. Pockets 07-15-2004 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Andy

If there was any justice, it would be Andy Priaulx. He must be the most talented driver outside F1, and better than many inside too.

I've heard of his exploits in ETCC, but I've never seen him race.

As for the 'many inside,' I completely agree - and so does Fernando Alonso. He said he raced against many in karts who he thought would be the match of most F1 drivers. According to him, getting a ride in F1 is as much a matter of luck and who you know. I'm sure he's right.