The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   I'm looking for a Larry... (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=17728)

svxjoe 04-06-2004 01:38 AM

I'm looking for a Larry...

I'm looking for a guy named Larry who possibly could have owned about 2 or 3 SVX's and lives up north, possibly close to Long Island, New York.

I might know somebody you know (or are quite good friends with) that goes to UCF here in Orlando, Florida. This possible friend of yours is named Steve Schwartz and is a film major. He also once told me a story of you two doing about 130 MPH in your SVX along some big open highway.

When Steve saw that I drove an SVX, he said he hadn't seen one since he was back up north cuz his friend Larry had a bunch. I figured if a person has multiple SVX's, this network would be the best place to find them.

So.... is it you?

LarryIII 04-06-2004 04:38 AM

Joe,

My name is Larry. We own 3 SVXes (see signature block, below).
I grew up on the island of Manhattan, not Long Island. I now live in northern Delaware. I'm a staunch NY Yankee fan.
I don't know anyone named Steve Schwartz. If he's in college, then I'm old enough to be his dad.

Subafreak 04-06-2004 08:31 PM

Possibly Larry as of Jen and Larry? I know he wrecked two of them before he bought his Javalin.

Hay Jen! Where's Larry?

~*~JenSVX~*~ 04-06-2004 10:42 PM

Hey thats MY LARRY!!!! Larry was friends with Steve all through school... He had 2 svx's. I have one now but we live together so now its just my svx that he has... I'll tell him to pop in and say Hi! He hasn't posted in a long time but I know he reads the network pretty often...

Jen:D :) :D

Suba good call. lol U know ur Larrys with SVX's... ROTFL

svx6595 04-07-2004 12:22 PM

Hello all,

I was very good friends with Steve all through school. We went to the same elemenatry school and had almost every class throughout High School together. I was wondering how he was doing, as I have not seen him in a very long time.

I have been really busy with the Javelin but I am always lookin for a good deal on an SVX. I bought a Ford Probe which was a huge mistake. I am still selling it $1800 or less takes it, hahaha. I am getting a pick-up so I can tow the Javelin to and from the track. I am hoping to have it done by the end of April but who knows. I will try to pop in more often but Jen always seems to be on the computer. On this ste:)

How are you doin SUBA.....How is that 5 speed holdin up.....

Larry

Subafreak 04-07-2004 06:58 PM

Hay Larry. I havn't broke this one yet, so I guess It holding up.:D

What are you doing to the Jav now? Fixing the clutch pedal would be a good idea.:p I'm gonna have to come down again and check it out, maybe when you bring it to the track. Where are you gona run it?

BTW: Jen, I know my Larrys with SVX's in L.I. anyway.;)

svx6595 04-07-2004 08:03 PM

The javelin is currently pretty much apart. The engine is being rebuilt with a hotter cam, new manifold, new carb, lifters, pushrods, roller rockers, new valves, 5 angle valve job, and main/rod bearings. The tranny I just actually picked-up. It was completely gone over. I have new seats and carpetting for the interior. I am doing a nice Autometer guage set-up. I am redoing the front suspension with new springs trunnions and shocks.

The clutch pedal will be fixed:D I am buying a new Master Cylinder for the clutch. I am pretty sure that was the problem.

I really want to run at Englishtown, New Jersey. I hear that is a really nice track. I will probably try out West Hampton out on the Island first. I am sure it is going to neeed a lot of tuning to be anywhere near "right." I really hope to be into the 13's by the end of the summer....

Larry

Subafreak 04-07-2004 08:09 PM

Awsome! I love that car, it's so raw and scary. Of course I meen that in a good way.:D

svx6595 04-07-2004 08:20 PM

I really wouldn't take it any other way. HAHAHA

I will post some pics when it is looking like a car again.

Larry

Subafreak 04-07-2004 08:28 PM

:cool: