The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Reading Meet (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Reading 9 Raffle and 50/50 (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=38653)

TomsSVX 04-25-2007 10:56 AM

Reading 9 Raffle and 50/50

Alright guys... The raffle this past year was a big hit and a great success. We were able to send over $250 to Chris to support the network... This was the total PROFITS of Reading 8 after covering the costs of the rally and misc other expenses. Next year... I want to be BETTER! I brought up the idea of raffling off a car for reading 8 and no one seemed to pick up on it. I would really like to try and get this to happen for Reading 9. I would also like to hear any suggestion and/or comments for a raffle for reading 9.

I am going to need some help to be able to raffle a car off this year... Donations to the bank roll for this would be appreciated but also keep your eyes peeled for cars for sale for cheap(ones that need some repairs and things like that). So please folks, lets get the ball rolling earlier this year so we can get this done!:)

Tom

JaySVX 04-25-2007 11:24 AM

I'm all about it tom. Funds are limited at the moment, but i have virutally every other resource available, such as storage space, garage space, tools, etc. Pretty much everything you and many others have it seems. A car would be a great idea though, my concern is what if the person cannot take it home, live to far, can't afford to insure another, or inspect, etc, and end up flipping it(not litterally, but reselling), would that cause any sort of unrest in the community?

TomsSVX 04-25-2007 11:35 AM

why? they won it fair and square. I don't see the big issue if they did so... I will hold the car until this person can make the time to come and get it after they win it... We shoudn't need small print

Tom

RSVX 04-25-2007 11:37 AM

It should be a five speed...:D

TomsSVX 04-25-2007 11:51 AM

it very well may be... but I am not making any promises as of yet

Tom

JaySVX 04-25-2007 12:33 PM

Don't get me wrong, i'm for it. I'm just playing devils advocate to try to forsee potential problems. I wouldn't have an issue with it, though i'd like to see someone add it to hte family, it's their car. I was only thinking that some people may.

Hocrest 04-25-2007 07:02 PM

I can provide storage space in Morgantown for a few weeks after the meet if it takes some time for the winner to make arrangements.

ensteele 04-25-2007 07:30 PM

Everybody need another SVX! :D :D

The way the Raffel works is if you win it, you can pick whatever prize you want. It may not be the SVX, but it could be. Just because you have your ticket drawn, you don't have to take the SVX. :D :D

svxcess 04-25-2007 07:36 PM

Just think if you were to raffle off one of your 13 SVX's... I wonder which one the winner would pick? Intriguing thought to ponder... :rolleyes:

svxxx26 04-25-2007 08:08 PM

I love the idea and I think it would really inspire some ticket buying and some more excitement for the raffle. I know I'll be buying some tickets! :D

Crazy_pilot 04-25-2007 08:42 PM

And we'de definitely need to allow people to buy tickets here, even if they won't be coming to Reading.

What about a separate raffle for the car? maybe like $50-75 tickets for that one, and much less for the other parts draw?

TomsSVX 04-25-2007 08:46 PM

Good guys... its all good info... I think I am going to take a different route this year though...

Prizes will be assigned, this way the last winners don't get hung out to dry on selection. $1 tickets

The car will be a totally different drawing with a more expensive ticket. $50-$100 maybe this is still to be determined

Tom

ensteele 04-25-2007 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomsSVX
Good guys... its all good info... I think I am going to take a different route this year though...

Prizes will be assigned, this way the last winners don't get hung out to dry on selection. $1 tickets

Tom

I agree - at the end, all I had to pick from was a lousy shifter. :rolleyes: :D :D :p

ensteele 04-25-2007 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxcess
Just think if you were to raffle off one of your 13 SVX's... I wonder which one the winner would pick? Intriguing thought to ponder... :rolleyes:

I can narrow it down to two or three of them I think. :o

svxistentialist 04-26-2007 04:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomsSVX

The car will be a totally different drawing with a more expensive ticket. $50-$100 maybe this is still to be determined

Tom

Tom, this is a good idea in principle. I don't however, agree with having different tickets for the car. As most such raffles do, use the car as an attractant so you can sell more tickets.

The way the last draw was run, only those attending Reading could buy tickets. So the money generated for the club is directly linked to the small number at Reading, and how generous they were in purchasing tickets.

With tickets on sale on line to the general membership, the number of tickets sold could be really big, and profits would reflect this.

I suggest tickets on sale 3-4 months in advance at $5 each. The car as first prize and all other prizes from the top down allocated.

Joe:)