The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Haunted Bridge (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=16942)

MissouriMadMan 03-04-2004 11:53 AM

Haunted Bridge

I was driving around the other day in a town called Blackwell, Missouri. It isn't much of a town anymore, it is more of a ghost town. Anyhow, on the way to town you drive on an old highway. At one point you cross over a rickety bridge, called Blackwell Bridge.
Not to sound stereotypical, but it was dark outside. I have heard old folklore about the bridge that when you drive across it at night, you see ghost lights... Sure enough! I kid you not, about half way over the bridge, I glanced off to the left, and I swear I saw people hanging in nooses. I got some serious goosebumps and floored it!
Apparently, there used to be a judge in Blackwell, that would hang people for literally no reason. Dozens of innocent people were brutally killed on that bridge... If you are ever about an hour south of St. Louis. and want a good scare. Check it out...
Go to Google and type in Haunted Blackwell...

Aredubjay 03-04-2004 12:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
<Insert spooky organ music here>

From the "Haunted Blackwood" Website:

"The bridge is condemed and is slated to be torn down. Old judge Blackwell was notorious for hanging people from the original bridge, especially people of color. The town is dried up and can be dangerous at nite due to inhabitants in the poor rural area. The main cause for most of the acitivity was torn down. The masons hall was big center for acitivity and evil. I have live out here for over 15 years and that place reeked of evil. They tore down the hall and carted off everything including the stone foundation. Highly unusual for out here. I think someone was trying to get rid of the entity inside. I took pics in an old foundation near the bridge and I see a man in union uniform floating above it partially formed. Story goes there was a skirmish there fighting over that bridge because it was on of the few over big river during the civil war."

WestCoastSVX 03-11-2004 11:26 AM

I'm no engineer, but to me the bridge in the picture looks too new to be around during the Civil War. :rolleyes: I suppose it could have been modernized over the years.

That's sorta your neck of the woods, isn't it Randy? I mean relatively, compared to where I live! :D

Motorsport-SVX 03-22-2004 12:20 AM

next meet ?

could be there, dont have to worry about any over crowding
and we could street race or any kind of race we wanted to!
Haunted stuff is one of my hobbies, dig that shiznat :)

Andy 03-22-2004 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by MacGyver
I'm no engineer, but to me the bridge in the picture looks too new to be around during the Civil War. :rolleyes: I suppose it could have been modernized over the years.

That's sorta your neck of the woods, isn't it Randy? I mean relatively, compared to where I live! :D

Looks like about 1930's. That Civil War must have been a long one

Noir 03-22-2004 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Andy

Looks like about 1930's. That Civil War must have been a long one

booo

Aredubjay 03-22-2004 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by MacGyver

Yep. Jest a sh!t, spit and stone's throw. :D:D:D

LarryIII 03-22-2004 10:02 AM

I am an engineer (toot, toot) and they're still fighting the Civil War down in the south.

WestCoastSVX 03-22-2004 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Aredubjay

Yep. Jest a sh!t, spit and stone's throw. :D:D:D

YeeeeeHaaaaaaaaaw! :D

Ron Mummert 03-22-2004 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by LarryIII
I am an engineer (toot, toot) and they're still fighting the Civil War down in the south.

"Civil War" - The ultimate oxymoron.

Ron (The ultimate moron).

Aredubjay 03-22-2004 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Ron Mummert

"Civil War" - The ultimate oxymoron.

Ron (The ultimate moron).

Hmmm. And all this time, I thought it was "Government Intelligence."