The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   I Need Cup Holders!!! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=8604)

scottswaaley 02-04-2003 11:39 AM

I Need Cup Holders!!!

Ok, I thought I could deal without a cup holder but I am terrified to drink anything in the car. I can't find a decent looking accessory cup holder either. Has anybody found anything that works all right and keeps the suave interior?

svxcess 02-04-2003 11:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
A lot of us use the "wedgie" auto cup holder. It wedges inbetween the seat and the console for a snug fit. We find them in Wal-Mart for about $3-4 apiece.

Whenever I am traveling I always check the Walmarts and pick them up whenever I can. I have used them to carry X-large coffee and have yet to spill a drop. No installation, holes, etc. Remove it whenever you want.

sfsvx 02-04-2003 12:10 PM

How about those little things with 5 small appendages hanging off the end of your passengers' arms? :D :D :D

< here, honey, hold this . . . >

DavieGravy 02-04-2003 12:11 PM

Or your crotch for that matter.

PS: Feel free to use the search button when ever you like. :)

SHISVX 02-04-2003 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by DavieGravy
Or your crotch for that matter.

PS: Feel free to use the search button when ever you like. :)

yeah, that works great as long as you don't have anything really hot:eek: :eek:

Kelli

DavieGravy 02-04-2003 01:32 PM

lol. I've actually spilt coffee before and had to walk to class with a wet brown stain on my pants. It was painful too.

92SvxChick 02-04-2003 01:34 PM

Wedgie

I want a wedgie...I looked at my local Wal-Mart but I haven't been able to find one...any other ideas on where I could find one?

Megan

CigarJohnny 02-04-2003 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by SHISVX

yeah, that works great as long as you don't have anything really hot:eek: :eek:

Kelli

What are you talking about??? Then I can sue McD's for $9 million. :D

I never thought to sue but once I got coffee from Dunkin Donuts in my travel mug. They did not put the lid on tight and it popped off as I was taking a sip. 2nd degree burns down my chin and neck, anywhere my shirt touched my belly, and especially under my seat belt where it crossed my chest. Talk about pain!!! Looking back on it I could have sued for the coffee being too hot but for my own good or not I am not that kind of person.

Back to the cup holders, I used to use the kind that clip into the window trough and hang over the inside of the sill. I never had a problem with them in my other cars but have not used anything in the SVX yet except for the old "nature's wedgie" cup holder (my lap).

CigarJohnny 02-04-2003 01:42 PM

Re: Wedgie

Quote:

Originally posted by 92SvxChick
I want a wedgie...I looked at my local Wal-Mart but I haven't been able to find one...any other ideas on where I could find one?

Megan

Stop by and I'll give you a wedgie free of charge! :D :D :D

svxcess 02-04-2003 01:55 PM

Walmart is strange. At Lafayette we found a whole bunch. I bought 4 of them and others bought some as well. We depleted their inventory rather quickly.

Traavelling across counry last summer I stopped frequently at Walmart; some had 2, some had none. Its a hit or miss thimg.

I tried searching on the web but they don't exist there. Type in "Auto cup holders", "beverage holders", or the like. Whatever you do dont type "wedgie" as a search term!

I'll try to find and bring as many of the wedgie cup holders as I possibly can to Reading. maybe other members can help as well

benebob 02-04-2003 01:56 PM

Cup holders

What you dare to drink in your SVX? If it was a Ferrarri would you be saying the same thing?:D Obviously the designers didn't want anyone drinking in their master piece so the neglected a suitable place to store drinks. That's why the XT and Brat are both in the same class as the SVX. They don't have cupholders either.;)

92SvxChick 02-04-2003 02:32 PM

Thanks...

CigarJohnny,
Thank you for the offer...and free of charge no less....haha

svxcess...thanks I'll check at the other Wal-Marts in the area. Maybe I'll get lucky at one of them.

Megan

mohrds 02-04-2003 02:35 PM

Re: Thanks...

Quote:

Originally posted by 92SvxChick
CigarJohnny,
Thank you for the offer...and free of charge no less....haha

svxcess...thanks I'll check at the other Wal-Marts in the area. Maybe I'll get lucky at one of them.

Megan

I got lucky in McDonald's once.... Oh sorry, I misunderstood your comment...

Me bad :D

Doug

92SvxChick 02-04-2003 02:39 PM

I guess I just don't read what I write before I post it. haha
I can see how this would be confusing...

Megan

Seraph 02-04-2003 02:52 PM

Nah, It's just doug.

hehe.

L

Noir 02-04-2003 02:57 PM

re: autozone also sells the wedge

autozone also sells the wedge. some walmarts do.

if you have extra space in your stereo compartment you can do what huck did.

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/files/Noir/6273.jpg

check it out :D trying to rig one up :D

Beav 02-04-2003 03:03 PM

There's nobody at my WalMart that I wanna get lucky with!

I bought a wedgie at Target. It didn't even hurt.

Kaiyoken3 02-04-2003 04:46 PM

I don't know what you all are talking about. When i got my SVX in november it came with a little thingy that just sat in the middle console and had a flip down bar that held the drinks. I don't know if the owner bought it from Wal Mart though.

By the way that was my first post. Hi everyone.

Noir 02-04-2003 04:51 PM

re: welcome

welcome! can you take a digital snapshot of that and drop it in your locker. i'd like to see what it looks like.

ensteele 02-04-2003 05:10 PM

That is the factory cup holder that came with the car. Most people used them for frisbies, or threw them as far away as possible. Some people still use them, but it is hard to get your drink that is so far back. The console lid must be in the up position for it to be used. I guess it is better than nothing. :rolleyes: I still like my wedgie! :D

Noir 02-04-2003 05:12 PM

ensteele,
so what your telling me is the one that is in huck's car is a factory cup holder? is that the freesbie you are talking about?

sfsvx 02-04-2003 05:55 PM

Call me weird or whatever, but I just don't think I want to drink from ANY container that's been all that intimate with a wedgie. :eek:

nubs 02-04-2003 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Noir
ensteele,
so what your telling me is the one that is in huck's car is a factory cup holder? is that the freesbie you are talking about?

The one in Huck's car looks to be from an early model Legacy. If I ever change my factory stereo out to a single DIN i will probably put one in also.Should not be to hard to do.

ensteele 02-05-2003 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Noir
ensteele,

Nope, sorry. It is a flat one that sits on you consoule and the cup sticks down into it. The lid needs to be up for this to work. When using it, you have to reach back to get the drink. A real pain. I have one that I can take a picture of if you want to see what it looks like. One on ebay sold for close to $30.00 a few months ago. :eek: I guess I better hang on to it. The price is climbing on these. ;) :)

CigarJohnny 02-05-2003 07:28 AM

I pick a wedge almost everytime I'm at Wal-mart but have never purchased one. ;) Since it is so highly recommended I might just have to break down and snag one.
I've thought about putting one of the DIN cupholder/coin trays in my SVX but always thought the door would end up too close to the holder to safely hold a cup. Our Taurus wagon has one of these but drinks tend to splash on occassion and get the stereo all sticky. Not the best place for a cup holder but very out-of-sight when not in use.

svxcess 02-05-2003 12:38 PM

I was in walmart this morning lookin' for a wedgie and customer service told me they would order me their minimum if I gave them the Mfgr. and the SKU number from the package.

If they come 24 to a case or less, I'll be bringing them to Reading.

Aredubjay 02-05-2003 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by sfsvx
Call me weird or whatever,
Okay . . . . weird. :D

DavieGravy 02-05-2003 04:30 PM

I guess the best part about buying the Wedgie at Wal-mart yesterday was noticing the Dingking for $14.99 sitting right next to it. Let's see. What I paid = ~60.00 - 14.99 = David was chumped out of $45.01. :rolleyes:
Off topic but interesting nonetheless.

ensteele 02-05-2003 05:03 PM

I guess I got zapped too. Oh well, at least I didn't have to go to WalMart. :D

alltrac 02-05-2003 05:26 PM

does anybody have the part number for the factory cup holders?

JLittell 02-05-2003 07:49 PM

94510PA000, Good luck finding one!

nubs 02-06-2003 04:00 AM

Try this placehere They might have one in stock.

swtsu 02-07-2003 05:27 AM

Wedgie cup holder

As per suggestions from this thread, I found a Wedgie at the local Auto Zone, laid out my hard earned cash all the while marveling at the ingeniously simple but effective design. Thanks to those that suggested this product. :)

svx_commuter 02-07-2003 05:39 AM

I got a wedgie last night in Walmart:) They have a bunch of them. Tried it out in the car. I don't like it. Maybe I got in the wrong place? I have it on the driver side and it blocks the E brake handle.

Anybody got a picture of it in the car?

It just doesn't look like it belongs in the SVX. Looks bad with the leather and wood grain and sits up pretty high but maybe I got it in the wrong place.

It's got no class for the classy car.

subymtnguy 02-07-2003 07:37 AM

wedgie...

Commuter....
I started a thread about the great wedgie about 6 mos ago, with a pic of it in my car attached (try a search: cupholder)

Try "wedging" it between the passenger seat and the console, facing the pass door....You will find it works much better!

I found this fine item just before the 10th meet and I love it!
Showed it to some of they guys at the meet, and off across the parking lot to wal-mart they went...I think they bought all they had!

The wedgie gets a 5 out of 5 IMO! :D :D :D :D :D

svx_commuter 02-07-2003 07:54 AM

Thanks, I saw it. The pass seat has to be all the way forward. Right?

svxcess 02-08-2003 11:33 AM

I have it installed between my console and passenger seat, which is always as far back as possible. Slide the wedgie as far back as you can. You will find the most comfortable position is using the front cup holder.

Green1995SVX 02-10-2003 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by svx_commuter
I got a wedgie last night in Walmart
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D

svx_commuter 02-10-2003 06:37 AM

That would be two. :D

Aredubjay 02-10-2003 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by svx_commuter
That would be two. :D
Sounds like you need to form a "pick it" line. <rimshot>:rolleyes: