The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Found something new! What is this? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=20566)

rmjjensen 08-10-2004 06:34 AM

Found something new! What is this?

I was pulling the center console out to mount some stuff for my stereo ........I pulled open the armrest to take out the screws and under the bottom cover there looks to be a special tool that is just a fancy allen key.

What the heck is this for?!

halistan 08-10-2004 06:35 AM

thats the allen key for your sunroof

If it becomes jammed and you need to manually open it there is a plastic disk in your roof. Pull that off and you'll see where the allen key goes, hope that helps.

~Ray

rmjjensen 08-11-2004 06:24 AM

ahhh ...I see. Thanks for the help

IggDawg 08-11-2004 07:10 AM

LIES!!!

It's real use is to wind up the IRIS gnomes when they get laggy.

Ryan 08-11-2004 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by IggDawg
LIES!!!

It's real use is to wind up the IRIS gnomes when they get laggy.

He's telling the truth. It's the answer to keeping up with the trunk monkeys :)

Aredubjay 08-11-2004 08:41 AM

Originally there were TWO allen wrenches in your car. One in the glove box and the one you found under the felt panel in the console. The one in the glove box (if I recall correctly) is for the sunroof. The one in the console is for emergency retraction of the seat belts. Also, originally, your car came with a tool kit in the trunk, consisting of a pair of pliers, a screwdriver that swaps ends (one end phillips, one slotted) and a pair of wheel chocks (in earlier models, the chocks were black. Later, they changed them to blue). Ah, the little things. :D

Whoru465 08-11-2004 09:15 AM

How early? The never-used chocks for my 92 are blue...Hmmm

Ryan 08-11-2004 09:16 AM

The chocks for my 94 are black.

SubaSteevo 08-11-2004 09:52 AM

Uh oh, Aredub's been gone so long he's forgetting stuff ;)

92s have blue

Aredubjay 08-11-2004 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Whoru465
How early? The never-used chocks for my 92 are blue...Hmmm

Hmmm. Perhaps it was the other way 'round. Ah, yes. I remember now. It was. I bought a tool kit from SVXit from a 92. It only had one chock -- it was blue. When I sent out the call for another chock, another member offered to send his extra set from a '94. I was suprised, when I received them, that they were black. Sorry for the confusion. Early= Blue, Late = Black.

Aredubjay 08-11-2004 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by BurgundyBeast
Uh oh, Aredub's been gone so long he's forgetting stuff ;)

It's a combination of age and, uhm . . . . how do I put it . . . ah, yes . . . THE SEVENTIES!:D

dcarrb 08-11-2004 10:06 AM

Do new Subarus still come with a tool kit?

dcb

Ryan 08-11-2004 10:46 AM

My 00 Impreza RS only had the lug wrench, and a screw driver :rolleyes:

immortal_suby 08-11-2004 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by dcarrb
Do new Subarus still come with a tool kit?

dcb

the forester came with a tool kit and full size spare but no wheel chocks

oab_au 08-11-2004 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Aredubjay
Originally there were TWO allen wrenches in your car. One in the glove box and the one you found under the felt panel in the console. The one in the glove box (if I recall correctly) is for the sunroof. The one in the console is for emergency retraction of the seat belts. Also, originally, your car came with a tool kit in the trunk, consisting of a pair of pliers, a screwdriver that swaps ends (one end phillips, one slotted) and a pair of wheel chocks (in earlier models, the chocks were black. Later, they changed them to blue). Ah, the little things. :D
Yes you are not often wrong, but your not right.:D

The one in the console is for the roof. The one in the glove box(that mine does not have) is for the retracting belts (that mine doesn't have nither). :D Now that cleared it up, didn't it.:rolleyes:

Harvey.;)