The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Love at first sight? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=21672)

Green1995SVX 09-29-2004 03:17 PM

Love at first sight?

Believe in it? Discuss.

MNYPNNY 09-29-2004 03:19 PM

Depends upon the object.

nsm484 09-29-2004 03:24 PM

Re: Love at first sight?

Quote:

Originally posted by Green1995SVX
Believe in it? Discuss.
heh... It happened to me... when I was 16... Her name was Jade.
We stayed together for 3 years... then she left me...

now im 22... and STILL to this day... I love her just as much
as I did the first day I saw her. Kinda sad... Im with someone else
(and have been for almost 2 years now) and I know, I will never
be able to love her, like I loved Jade... and ya know... it hurts
that I wont be able to love her that much... I guess I feel
that im not trying hard enough... Alwell....

But yes... I FULLY belive in it.... Because it happened to me.

EDIT: and I forgot the best part!!!!!!!!

The same thing happened... when I saw an SVX with my own eyes the first time... no joke eather... ever sence I saw one, I wanted one, and tried for almost 2 years... then FINALY got one!
Too bad I didnt get the one I wanted at first.. it was a SILVER
93!!!!!!!!!! That was a Beauty of a car too!

Landshark 09-29-2004 03:37 PM

lust, yes. love, no.

manofmayo 09-29-2004 04:21 PM

no silvers in 93, unless it was a 92 sold in 93

SubaSteevo 09-29-2004 05:17 PM

It feels like love, but it's not

After 4 years being with the girl you love, the girl who loved you, and seeing her forget about it in a week, you realize love is not what it seems

Earthworm 09-29-2004 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by manofmayo
no silvers in 93, unless it was a 92 sold in 93
Silvers were 92's only in the US/Canada but they do exist in Japan & other areas.

Whoru465 09-29-2004 06:04 PM

Love is merely a byproduct of chemical reactions in the brain. So I bet you can guess my take on things:rolleyes:

Alycone 09-29-2004 06:04 PM

I loved my SVX on first sight! :D

(believe in it for people = no.)

Subafreak 09-29-2004 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Landshark
lust, yes. love, no.

:cool:

Phoenix_3737 09-29-2004 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Subafreak

:cool:

:p

i hate to say it but when i first got my svx.....i dident think it was much to love but after about a week without it after i had paid for it...i realised i wanted it more and more everyday and when i got it i was really happy and realised how kick ass it is, and even though im selling mine to get another car which truly was love at first sight...a 1967 mustang :D i still want to buy an svx in the future....maybe after i get a job and stuff

NikFu S. 09-29-2004 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Alycone
I loved my SVX on first sight! :D

(believe in it for people = no.)

Same for me.
Then again I might have been lusting after the SVX. Whatever it was in the past though is irrellevant now.:p

HighwayUFO 09-30-2004 12:57 AM

Love at first sight in relation to human's=no
Love at first sight in relation to an inanimate object=yes.

I once had a girlfriend that I had to fall in love with, I could not just love her from the moment that we met. On that day when I fell in love, it was like something from a Robert Frost poem. " Two roads diverge in a wood, and I took the path less traveled." is about the best description I can give it. That was almost 5 years ago now, and I still love her very much. She is gone now and serving in the Navy. Will I ever see her again, probably not. Will I ever love another living soul as I have once loved her, no.

In those five years that I have been alone, no doubt I have searched for that person who I would hope to grow old with.

I look back to those 7 glorious months, when nothing mattered to us in the world around us, and wish that I could have them back. To caress her and hold her once again. Her scent, her touch, her mind...so gentle...so caring...so alive. She would always look at the good in everything, in me, in the world.

I'm sure one day I will find that person whom I'm searching for, but for now I'll settle with the only woman that I need in my life, Ashley...my car.

Feeling so alone,
Keith

I hate you Green1995SVX, for bringing up such an emotional topic. I hate you with every aching bone in my body.:D

Andy 09-30-2004 01:34 AM

Yes, the 1st time I looked in the mirror :cool:

Darksied-X 09-30-2004 04:15 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Landshark
lust, yes. love, no.
What the wise one said. I once believed in love at first sight. Then I had kids, and I realized that you really can't know true love until you have children of you own. That don't mean lust at first sight is a bad thing, though.;)