The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Other Mods (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   Stainless steel exhaust from German auto shop (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=48985)

SVXdc 02-02-2009 11:47 PM

Stainless steel exhaust from German auto shop

Ran across some discussion of a stainless steel exhaust in this German SVX forum thread.

Vendor is "Autohaus Helmut Hey e. K." in Waltershausen, Germany.

Link (just pictures, no price): www.autohaus-hey.de/svx

Here's translation of some of the discussion:

Quote:

Hi folks!

I wanted to ask the SVX drivers if anyone had experience with the stainless steel exhaust system from Autohaus Hey?

Here is the link

I have great interest in it, but wanted to know first how the sound is and whether you are satisfied with it.

---

I had Hey install the new catalytic converter to enjoy the tax reduction [govt. emissions related].
But the old cat had been damaged from running aground.

It has functioned very well, I can't complain.

---

How expensive is the conversion and what emission class do you get?

---

Unbelievable

I can't find the bill anymore, I think I paid about 1,200 € [US $1540]. It was higher than previously calculated, because, naturally, this or that [extra stuff] had to be made.

I pay only 6.75 € instead of € 15.13 per 100 cm3 [exhaust], I believe that D3 [?] is what corresponds to "Euro 4" [2005 standard for carbon monoxide, nitrogen oxide, and particulate matter emissions].

Best you inform yourself on the Internet on the club site for the SVX or with Autohaus Hey.

intellibomb 02-03-2009 01:07 AM

Re: Stainless steel exhaust from German auto shop

oooh looks nice

i like the secondary connector between the two mufflers....

this is a new design, i have never seen anything like this b4

Blacky 02-03-2009 05:44 AM

Very nice.

Crazy_pilot 02-03-2009 03:24 PM

Das pretty....

boipeba 02-03-2009 04:23 PM

What's the price? I would be ideal as you wouldn't have to replace it for a very long time and it would add to the resale value if it ever came to be. Are they available in the states?

Freeman 02-03-2009 07:34 PM

Says it in the translation: I can't find the bill anymore, I think I paid about 1,200 € [US $1540]. It was higher than previously calculated, because, naturally, this or that [extra stuff] had to be made.

No thanks... lol

SVXdc 02-03-2009 11:10 PM

Actually, I think the guy was saying that his old exhaust had been damaged from hitting the ground (perhaps driving over something he shouldn't have?), so the shop needed to do additional work / replace more parts than for a standard install.

I doubt they're intending to ship these abroad. Imagine the shipping cost! But then again, if you're willing to pay, they probably won't say no. :)

RallyBob 02-04-2009 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVXdc (Post 585835)
I doubt they're intending to ship these abroad. Imagine the shipping cost! But then again, if you're willing to pay, they probably won't say no. :)

Keep in mind a certain percentage of the exhaust's cost goes towards the TUV approval paperwork. Germany has one of the strictest sound control laws in the world, as well any modifications performed must retain or improve upon the stock vehicle's emissions standards. I imported parts for German cars into the US for 10 years, so I've been there, done that! Even body kits have to be wind-tunnel approved before being legal to sell in Germany, but when they shipped those parts into the US they were actually cheaper as we didn't need the approval papers here. FWIW.

intellibomb 02-04-2009 01:48 PM

Quote:

Keep in mind a certain percentage of the exhaust's cost goes towards the TUV approval paperwork. Germany has one of the strictest sound control laws in the world, as well any modifications performed must retain or improve upon the stock vehicle's emissions standards. I imported parts for German cars into the US for 10 years, so I've been there, done that! Even body kits have to be wind-tunnel approved before being legal to sell in Germany, but when they shipped those parts into the US they were actually cheaper as we didn't need the approval papers here. FWIW.

that is why german made stuff is so much better than us made... they test, test, test, regulate, and force the manufacturers to make actually BETTER product than stock to sell it on the aftermarket.

i think this would be the baddest exhaust available, plus it is ub3r-r4r3
the cost isnt that bad... considering Flatt Racing is somewhere in the $2000 range
Stebro is ~$900

so @$1500 it is midrange on price

interesting for sure

Freeman 02-04-2009 03:13 PM

I thought Stebro was like 900 for only the muffler...?