The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Interior Mods (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   Racing seat and harness are in! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=27340)

benebob 07-14-2005 06:04 PM

Racing seat and harness are in!

New racing seat and 5/6 point harness are finally in! Total weight is probably about 5lbs less than the weight of the stock L seat that was in there as the harness isn't exactly fleet of foot. Took me quite a while to figure out how to secure the bracket for the rear. Up front I simply cut open enough of the mounting tunnel that is there to get a wrench in to tighten the nut. Will have pics once I figure out what's wrong with my wife's digital camera. Just sitting in it now makes me feel a little clastrophobic. It definately keeps you in place!

The tranny is totally bolted in and waiting for the rear dif to arrive before she returns to AWD tomorrow evening. I CAN'T WAIT to see what the H&R WRX springs do to the ride height and all. Have only been able to speculate for the past week. I think the front will lower a bit more and the rear should stay about stock but we shall see!

Subafreak 07-14-2005 07:00 PM

5 lbs lighter? What seats did you get :confused: Mine weigh half the weight of two seats.

benebob 07-14-2005 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Subafreak
5 lbs lighter? What seats did you get :confused: Mine weigh half the weight of two seats.

Read grasshopper, read. I said the seat and harness weigh about 5lbs lighter together than an L seat! It is your runn of the mill Summit Poly buggy style race seat. It and the brackets weigh a good bit less than 10lbs. The harness itself is like having a cinderblock on your chest. Good thing I no longer smoke! :D

svxfiles 07-14-2005 07:39 PM

What gears are you running this time?

I have more 3.545 rear diffs, without the LSD, than I need. :rolleyes:

benebob 07-14-2005 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxfiles
What gears are you running this time?

I have more 3.545 rear diffs, without the LSD, than I need. :rolleyes:

A nice $30 4.11 with 88k on the odo :D

Hocrest 07-14-2005 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Subafreak

Yeah... the seat is lighter than the rails, and the seat and rails are lighter than the harness :confused:

The 4.11 rear is back together with the LSD and sitting on the desk of this Holiday Inn Express the company has forced me into all week :(

It should be attached back to the car this weekend if Ben can find the bolts that hold it there :rolleyes: otherwise maybe some plumbers strapping and wire ties will be holding it in place :eek: :D

svxfiles 07-14-2005 09:03 PM

2 nuts, 2 long bolts, 4 short bracket bolts,,,,,,, But ya know, 1 nut 1 long bolt, and 2 short bracket bolts would be lighter... :)

:rolleyes:

Hocrest 07-14-2005 09:08 PM

Quote:

2 nuts, 2 long bolts, 4 short bracket bolts,,,,,,, But ya know, 1 nut 1 long bolt, and 2 short bracket bolts would be lighter... :)

:rolleyes:

Half the hardware is half the weight :D and they're even lighter if you shorten the bolts ;)

svxfiles 07-14-2005 09:20 PM

HHMMmmm,,,"The first rule of racing is,"Whats behind you does not matter..."

Do you still have those three heavy mirrors? ;)

SVXRide 07-14-2005 09:30 PM

Dave/Ben,
You guys are having waaaaaay too much fun! :D :D :cool:
-Bill

Hocrest 07-14-2005 09:31 PM

Quote:

HHMMmmm,,,"The first rule of racing is,"Whats behind you does not matter..."

Do you still have those three heavy mirrors? ;)

We didn't, but then Ben almost backed over a family of four while lining it up to get on the trailer :eek:

svxfiles 07-14-2005 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hocrest
We didn't, but then Ben almost backed over a family of four while lining it up to get on the trailer :eek:

And the downside is,,,,,,,,,

JUST KIDDING!!!! :D :D

Hocrest 07-14-2005 10:05 PM

Quote:

And the downside is,,,,,,,,,

JUST KIDDING!!!! :D :D

well.... without the bumper beam, it probably would have knocked the bumper cover loose :rolleyes:

TomsSVX 07-15-2005 12:58 AM

So what is behind u doesn't matter?? What if it is the rear stumbling across the course??? :D

I guess then it become your rear that will be in for a hit :D

Tom

ilsegretosvx 07-15-2005 02:51 PM

did you have to make alot of mods to the seat bracket? I was looking at putting in WRX seats with stock brackets, but didnt want to buy anything until I knew if they would fit.