The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Question for the Site creator (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1570)

oneothefewproud 09-27-2001 03:28 PM

Question for the Creator

Dear sir(s),

I would like to request an audience with the powers that be.

If I may speak freely here for a moment I would like to make a suggestion. I don't know the feasibility of this but here goes.

Can we create a new field in the personal info screen to capture everyone's VIN's. Then have a link that we can click on to see where our VIN's fall in with all the other members.

Larry, This might be a great way to align everyone at the 10th aniv meet also. Put everyone in VIN order. That way we can see if we have a block of numbers and maybe even if some issues or problems have been known to happen within a certain range.

Well, that's my thoughts, opinion and idea. Thanking you in advance for your time.

O great protector of the server.

Ciao
Wayne

Seraph 09-27-2001 05:29 PM

Re: Question for the Creator

Quote:

Originally posted by oneothefewproud
Dear sir(s),

I would like to request an audience with the powers that be.

If I may speak freely here for a moment I would like to make a suggestion. I don't know the feasibility of this but here goes.

Can we create a new field in the personal info screen to capture everyone's VIN's. Then have a link that we can click on to see where our VIN's fall in with all the other members.

Larry, This might be a great way to align everyone at the 10th aniv meet also. Put everyone in VIN order. That way we can see if we have a block of numbers and maybe even if some issues or problems have been known to happen within a certain range.

Well, that's my thoughts, opinion and idea. Thanking you in advance for your time.

O great protector of the server.

Ciao
Wayne

I had it done -- as in SVX reg. section on my old site. I will have to re-do that again since I lost all of them during a server disk switch.

I will get it running on my site. As from svx.net, I guess chris and sith can take care of that. They did show some interest at one time

Lwin

oneothefewproud 09-28-2001 09:23 AM

I think it would be great just to see where my SVX is in line with the others out there.

And would really be cool to meet someone that has the one before and the one right after mine.

How cool would that be.

Wayne

Chris 09-28-2001 03:23 PM

will see

Its not that I dont want to do it, or cannot do it. Its that I am not around much to do it. Like Thumper_SVX, the downward economy has taken its toll on me as well. I have been out of a job since December. Now I am working (if you want to call it that) at two part time jobs for a mere $5.15 an hour. I had to move back to dads house and I have even been reduced to borrowing money. The position I was trying for at the county sheriffs department was delayed and thusly I am spending my time either working for pennies or job hunting. As it looks now, I will probably end up on the road as a trucker just to survive. If this becomes a reality, I wont be around much at all for new features, maintenance, etc. So, when time permits, I will look into it.

Chris
(SVX Admin)