The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   New Metallica Album out Friday (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=46132)

Sean486 09-08-2008 06:44 PM

New Metallica Album out Friday

Anybody planning on getting this? I can't help being excited about it even though the last 3 albums were kind of lame. I guess I hope that this album will bring back some of that old magic that they had with their first five releases. Anyhow some of the songs I have heard so far have been pretty good so I have high hopes.

Wikedjuggalo 09-08-2008 06:58 PM

Re: New Metallica Album out Friday

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean486 (Post 563267)
Anybody planning on getting this? I can't help being excited about it even though the last 3 albums were kind of lame. I guess I hope that this album will bring back some of that old magic that they had with their first five releases. Anyhow some of the songs I have heard so far have been pretty good so I have high hopes.

I had it since a week ago :O
1. "That Was Just Your Life" 7:08
2. "The End of the Line" 7:52
3. "Broken, Beat & Scarred" 6:25
4. "The Day That Never Comes" 7:56
5. "All Nightmare Long" 7:57
6. "Cyanide" 6:39
7. "The Unforgiven III" 7:46
8. "The Judas Kiss" 8:00
9. "Suicide & Redemption" 9:57
10. "My Apocalypse" 5:01

immortal_suby 09-08-2008 07:42 PM

I'll probably get it, listen to it once, and then it will collect dust with their last few albums.

I hope not, but thats all anything has done since Justice.

kuroneko_sama 09-08-2008 08:08 PM

well remember when they said st anger was supposed to be like kill em all and ride the lightning and master of puppets.....

it wasnt....

...it sucked and i died a little inside just by hearing the first 3 seconds of the album

its hard to imagine how anything can be worse than that album

...i mean doesnt it HAVE to be better than st anger?:??????

Landshark 09-08-2008 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by immortal_suby (Post 563275)
I'll probably get it, listen to it once, and then it will collect dust with their last few albums.

I hope not, but thats all anything has done since Justice.

unfortunately, this one will, too.

at least the snare drums don't sound like Tupperware this time, but it gets a solid <yawn> from me. the entire album sounds like a bunch of riffs that don't really fit well together.

tiv0 09-09-2008 12:15 AM

i dont like to be the odd guy out in musical conversations, but is it just me, or does just about every single one of metallica's songs sound the same?:confused:

sorry, im done

Landshark 09-09-2008 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiv0 (Post 563314)
i dont like to be the odd guy out in musical conversations, but is it just me, or does just about every single one of metallica's songs sound the same?:confused:

sorry, im done

as immortal said, after the ....And Justice album, they pretty much went to crap.

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h9...9687279176.jpg

b3lha 09-09-2008 03:18 AM

Unforgiven III ? :eek:

1 is good, 2 is awesome, is 3 any good?

kuroneko_sama 09-09-2008 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b3lha (Post 563322)
Unforgiven III ? :eek:

1 is good, 2 is awesome, is 3 any good?

you're kidding right???

no song should ever have a sequel (unless its like the fishermans chronicals from primus...)

unforgiven 2 makes me cringe just thinking about it....

...metallica went the way of sampson.... they cut their hair and the talent to create songs went with it.

however... i did see them at summer sanitarium a few years back (2003 i tihnk it was) with deftones (awesome), mudvayne (awesome), linkin park..(meh) and limp bizkit (boy band), and they did alot of the pre 90's stuff and totally kicked ass including the best version of whiplash, welcome home sanitarium, and master of puppets that ever could have been. however about an hour and a half into the classics, they announced they will be playing music from "the new album" people started groan and leave. it was an abvious slap to the face for them, and i certainly hope they got the hint this time. i held off hoping theyd go back to something for a good encore, but i figured the longer i stayed the more tainted the memories of an otherwise AWESOME set would have been. (they played harvester of sorrow, blackened, seek and destroy and fade to black already, so i was already content.... and i was pretty sure they wouldnt be playing their version of the blue oyster cult song Astronomy.... most awesome metallica cover song ever IMHO)

a wise man once said....at least with nirvana you never got the "fat elvis"

Sean486 09-09-2008 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kuroneko_sama (Post 563279)
well remember when they said st anger was supposed to be like kill em all and ride the lightning and master of puppets.....

it wasnt....

...it sucked and i died a little inside just by hearing the first 3 seconds of the album

its hard to imagine how anything can be worse than that album

...i mean doesnt it HAVE to be better than st anger?:??????

Agreed, but I heard Cyanide on their myspace page and started thinking it might be a good album for a change. I have to say that the song in the new video (I forgot the name of it) that they have posted did very little for for me.

SilverSpear 09-09-2008 06:56 AM

For those who would like to download the new Metallica album in high quality, shoot me an email (no PM's my inbox is full) and I will give you the link. ;)

b3lha 09-09-2008 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kuroneko_sama (Post 563329)
you're kidding right???
no song should ever have a sequel (unless its like the fishermans chronicals from primus...)
unforgiven 2 makes me cringe just thinking about it....

I wasn't kidding. I do like unforgiven 2 a lot.

But I found unforgiven 3 on YouTube and it sucks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsPzTbi1Jj8

GreenMarine 09-09-2008 08:12 AM

I'll be getting it... If nothing else, to add to my Metallica collection :)

~ Chris

TomsSVX 09-09-2008 08:38 AM

I still won't buy metallica on principle because they are a bunch of whining *****es. But thats just me:rolleyes:

Tom

RSVX 09-09-2008 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomsSVX (Post 563351)
I still won't buy metallica on principle because they are a bunch of whining *****es. But thats just me:rolleyes:

Tom

This. :lol: