The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Competition Motorsports (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   AX breaks set up. (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=62832)

SVXBart 06-05-2014 09:18 PM

AX breaks set up.

My car needs break job so i decided to replace most of the system components.
will be getting new rear calipers,SS lines ,valvoline syntec fluid,new pads and rotors front and back.
Car is driven on weekends an for AX.
I need some advise from active Autocroserss on their pads and rotors choice.What r u running and and how it works so far.I dont wanna break the bank but i wanna be able to stop fast to.And i dont wanna change my rotors every 2k miles.
A set from frozen rotors +hawk pads is about 650$,similar set from StopTech is about 500$.I can get a set from Motorsportsvx for 380$.
What is ur opinion?
Thanks in advance.
Bart

SVXRide 06-07-2014 05:33 PM

Re: AX breaks set up.

the SS lines will give you the biggest bang for your buck. Slotted and cryo'ed rotors will last you forever. Tire patch is what actually stops you. You will probably not be cycling the car enough to have brake fade, so a good semi-metallic pad will be fine.

LetItSnow 06-09-2014 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVXBart (Post 734484)
I can get a set from Motorsportsvx for 380$

Check your lead time; not everything is in stock, and not all e-mails receive replies. :rolleyes:

SVXBart 06-09-2014 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVXRide (Post 734531)
the SS lines will give you the biggest bang for your buck. Slotted and cryo'ed rotors will last you forever. Tire patch is what actually stops you. You will probably not be cycling the car enough to have brake fade, so a good semi-metallic pad will be fine.

Thanks Bill .I was hoping u would reply.What setup r u running on ur pearlie?
I need to take care of my breaks right away due to bad caliper.A new set off wheels and tires is next on the list.
Bart.

SVXRide 06-10-2014 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVXBart (Post 734597)
Thanks Bill .I was hoping u would reply.What setup r u running on ur pearlie?
I need to take care of my breaks right away due to bad caliper.A new set off wheels and tires is next on the list.
Bart.

Bart,

I'm upgrading what Harry was running. Just got slotted and cryo'ed rotors for all four corners and I have rebuilt/powdercoated calipers for all four corners. I'll be running EBC pads, as there will be some track time in the Mach 5's future in additional to the mandatory autocrossing. ;):cool:

Bill

SVXBart 06-10-2014 05:21 PM

Thanks Bill.
I dont wanna be a copy cat,but thats what i had in mind doing too.:D
Same set up.
Time to order some stuff then.
Bart.

Gamesy 06-19-2014 10:55 PM

where do you get SS lines for the svx? do they use the same ones as the impreza?

SVXBart 06-20-2014 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamesy (Post 734868)
where do you get SS lines for the svx? do they use the same ones as the impreza?

i got my from Svxfiles but i think he gets them from Dyle at Motorsportsvx

svxfiles 06-20-2014 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVXBart (Post 734876)
i got my from Svxfiles but i think he gets them from Dyle at Motorsportsvx

Yes, ^ what He said.:)

newsvx 06-23-2014 07:42 AM

What SVRRIDE said, Bart ..... I never had a broplem stopping the Pearlie with semi-metalic pads and slotted rotors. Actually never had much trouble with warped rotors either. And ask Bill .... I "worked" the brakes!

Good luck on the brake job .
Harry