The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Q & A (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Code 24-bypass air control solenoid valve (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=62048)

fasteract7 08-22-2013 04:47 PM

Code 24-bypass air control solenoid valve

Very rare CEL..pulled codes..11, 12, 24,32. Interestingly when I try to clear codes (#1 and #2 black connector pinned with blue wire, drive over 7mph, shut off, disconnect wires, I still get all these codes when I pin #2 on black connector- doing something wrong here to clear codes ? Car runs fine by the way.

#12 may be due to my starter relay mod?
#11 (crank sensor, ABS side) (( are there more than one crank sensor?))
#32( rt side O2 sensor)

I Searched the #24 (bypass air control solenoid valve) and got some contradictory info as to what/where it is..Harvey who I think is the Pro to follow says this is the same as the "auxilary air control valve". Is it located under the TB accessible by taking off the TB or is it under the IM, rt side, between 1st and 2nd runner ? Anybody got a picture of the bugger ?

Help would be much appreciated !!

oab_au 08-22-2013 05:27 PM

Re: Code 24-bypass air control solenoid valve

Quote:

Originally Posted by fasteract7 (Post 727510)
Very rare CEL..pulled codes..11, 12, 24,32. Interestingly when I try to clear codes (#1 and #2 black connector pinned with blue wire, drive over 7mph, shut off, disconnect wires, I still get all these codes when I pin #2 on black connector- doing something wrong here to clear codes ? Car runs fine by the way.

#12 may be due to my starter relay mod?
#11 (crank sensor, ABS side) (( are there more than one crank sensor?))
#32( rt side O2 sensor)

I Searched the #24 (bypass air control solenoid valve) and got some contradictory info as to what/where it is..Harvey who I think is the Pro to follow says this is the same as the "auxilary air control valve". Is it located under the TB accessible by taking off the TB or is it under the IM, rt side, between 1st and 2nd runner ? Anybody got a picture of the bugger ?

Help would be much appreciated !!

24 bypass air control solenoid valve, is under the throttle bodies. Auxiliary air control valve, is under the left rear of the inlet manifold.
With all those codes, and the car still runs OK, I think you may have a problem with an engine ground. Check the wire from the back of the engine to the bulkhead, and the one in front of the battery.

Harvey.

fasteract7 08-22-2013 07:51 PM

Re: Code 24-bypass air control solenoid valve

Quote:

Originally Posted by oab_au (Post 727513)
24 bypass air control solenoid valve, is under the throttle bodies. Auxiliary air control valve, is under the left rear of the inlet manifold.
With all those codes, and the car still runs OK, I think you may have a problem with an engine ground. Check the wire from the back of the engine to the bulkhead, and the one in front of the battery.

Harvey.

Well, should be about 11AM, Friday in eastern OZ... I had a ground wire (4 G) already to supplement the battery ground which showed 0 resistance as is but installed it anyway.

When I went looking for the firewall ground I discovered the single black connector for it to join a large gauge wire from the wiring bundle was disconnected...I had seen this when I got the car in May but thought it was a leftover from the Outback tranny swap. Didn't follow the aft portion to see it bolted to the firewall, my bad as they say!!

Haven't checked the codes or tried to clear them again ( my "clearing technique"{see above} meets with your approval ?) as I'm stemming the bleeding from my exploits.

As always, my thanks for your assistance and quick feedback,

Craig