The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Northwest Region (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Tulip Time Ii (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=49257)

FUDDMAN 02-25-2009 05:48 PM

Tulip Time Ii

Would anyone be up to try a run April 25? If this isn't a good date, let me know.

WestCoastSVX 03-06-2009 01:01 PM

Re: Tulip Time Ii

Just throwing something out there for brainstorming.......

What about doing a shorter tour, really just strictly around the Tulips and the surrounding scenic areas......

And sandwiching it in the middle of a "maintenance meet" at Earl's?

Since Earl's place is right there in the Tulip area.

And since in the last several years the maintenance meet is less about any actual big maintenance projects, and more about just hanging out and socializing.

Earl could "open his doors" around 9:00am or so like normal for the maintenance meets so early birds could come hang out, eat donuts, maybe do some minor maintenance stuff, socialize, etc.

Around 12:00 Larry could lead us all out on a scenic driving tour around tulip country and surrounding areas, maybe Chuckanut Drive, etc.

Around 2 or 3 we could head back to Earl's and do the usual maintenance meet BBQ, which happens around that time anyway by the time we usually get around to it.

Alternatively, we could eat at a restaurant midway through the tour if we wanted the tour to be a bit longer (say lunch at 2:00 at the midpoint, then back to Earl's around 4:00).

Either way, we are then back at Earl's by 3:00 or 4:00 so people that need to get home can, or the hardcores can stay longer and chat, or do more mini-maintenance stuff.

Again, I'm just throwing it out there for brainstorming, not trying to step on anyone's toes. It just seemed like an idea since both these meet ideas are within a few miles of each other and in the same month.

Alycone 03-06-2009 03:42 PM

I'd rather have tulips and maintenance meet seperate, since I usually take my mom to see the tulips and I dont think she'd be up for helping me change my oil.

ensteele 03-06-2009 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alycone (Post 590746)
I'd rather have tulips and maintenance meet seperate, since I usually take my mom to see the tulips and I dont think she'd be up for helping me change my oil.

Tell her that if she doesn't change your oil, you won't show her your two lips! :lol: :lol: :lol:

ensteele 03-06-2009 09:01 PM

As far as Troy's suggestion, that would work for me. Let me know what the ideas are. :)

WestCoastSVX 03-18-2009 01:56 PM

Any more thoughts on this, the proposed date is just over a month away. Should probably get this out there so people can plan on it. I can send an email out to my list as well if I know what is up. :)

Someone pointed out to me that April 25th is the day of a car club's big Tulip Rallye. A couple hundred interesting cars show up to this event annually.

So either we could just all plan to enter the official rally and do that as our spring meet.

Or we should plan on doing any driving around Skagit County for a different weekend becuase there will be a couple hundred extra cars clogging the routes.

Any more thoughts on integrating this with the Maintenance meet?

FUDDMAN 03-19-2009 02:37 PM

E-mail sounds good. Start at Quilceda McDonald. Driver's meeting at 1030, depart at 1100. Maybe more than one car will make it this time!:::lol:

WestCoastSVX 03-19-2009 03:12 PM

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: :confused:

ensteele 03-19-2009 07:12 PM

I think I missed something too. :confused:

Alycone 03-19-2009 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by FUDDMAN

Maybe more than one car will make it this time!

I really tried to make it, but I had to get Sue towed that morning :(

FUDDMAN 03-19-2009 10:12 PM

Re: Tulip Time II

Recap

April 25, 2009
Quiceda McDonalds, EXIT 200 OR 202
Driver's Meeting 1030
Depart 1100
Lunch stop about 1230:D

manofmayo 03-25-2009 08:40 PM

Hey maybe I will actually own another SVX by then......

I would love to come if I do.....I will have a ton of stuff to fix....more details to come

FUDDMAN 04-02-2009 02:31 PM

Re: Tulip Time II

ONLY 23 DAYS LEFT TILL TULIP TIME II!!!!:eek:

FUDDMAN 04-13-2009 07:58 PM

No tulips as of yesterday. If they're not out by next Sunday, a reschedule of one or two weeks may be a good idea. :(

ensteele 04-13-2009 08:29 PM

I can't make it on the 25th, but if you reschedule, I will try to go. :)