The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   SVX mechanics in/near Rockville, Maryland? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=26353)

JonathanS 05-22-2005 08:37 PM

SVX mechanics in/near Rockville, Maryland?

Now that I am the proud owner of a 1996 LSi, I am sure I will be needing an experienced SVX mechanic before long.

There is a Fitzgerald's Subaru dealer in Rockville, but I would love to be able to avoid dealer service prices. Has anyone found any good Subaru mechanics around here?

Ron Mummert 05-23-2005 11:58 AM

:) If you don't mind a run up 70 N to Frederick, there's a place called Foreign Auto Excellence (I think that's the name). I've never used them, but the prior owner of my '92 had them install a Suby rebuilt tranny over 5 years ago. No complaints yet. I think they have a certified Suby mechanic that has seen more than one SVX. I also had decent work done at Heritage Subaru in Owings Mills, but that's a tad further in the Baltimore direction.

Have fun.

Ron.

SVXRide 05-23-2005 12:28 PM

I had one down here in Calvert County, but he decided to retire :mad: (it did give me the justification for doing almost everything myself now... :rolleyes: )
What are you looking to have done? There's always the possibility of a "fix it" meet.
-Bill

JonathanS 05-24-2005 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVXRide
What are you looking to have done? There's always the possibility of a "fix it" meet.
-Bill

At this point, one issue may be an A/C leak (see my question on the Technical Q&A forum) but really I just want to be ready before a problem occurs. I don't want to discover that a wheel bearing needs replacing and then start searching for a qualified mechanic.

zarmien 05-26-2005 02:06 PM

Foreign Auto Excellence charges $65/hour for labor

svxfiles 05-26-2005 02:57 PM

Rt 40 for $35.00 an hour, and we know SVXi :D

It's in Cumberland MD. 301-707-3437 :)

glide 05-26-2005 05:50 PM

Eip

There is a garage in Westminster, MD, right on 140 that has worked on my SVX before. EIP Tuning.
They did my wheel bearings and cold air intake. Great Shop!!

rvnmaniac 05-28-2005 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glide
There is a garage in Westminster, MD, right on 140 that has worked on my SVX before. EIP Tuning.
They did my wheel bearings and cold air intake. Great Shop!!

==============================

What's the name and #
THANKS

Matthewmongan 05-28-2005 03:06 PM

wow.... eip ehh? bransfield in riesterstown is one of the best (if you dont want to go to cumberland). i have lived off of rt91 for 18 years and i know alot of the guys who work at eip, i would not sugest taking your car there, i would also avoid whitcraft in riesterstown, unfortunately the owings mills dealor has a policy that they dont work on cars 10 years of age or older. for anything under the hood i would go to bransfield their are fast and they stand my their work 100% go to the dealer in fredrick for the timing belt and scheduled maintinence, if you want a new tranny installed go to svxfiles. you can go anywhere for tires but i go to even's tire at the corner of 91 and 140, nice guys good tires and good prices just make sure they dont reverse your wheels.

Clydesvx 05-31-2005 11:48 AM

I go to Heritage SUBARU in Owings Mills with my 92 SVX. They don't have a problem working on my over 10 year old car with 260,000 miles on it.