The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Pic of my new winter beater (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=53000)

benebob 01-30-2010 01:26 PM

Pic of my new winter beater

Here's my new winter beater. It's an 05, 2.5, 5 speed, awd, averaging 32mpg for the first 250 miles with more airbags then my Steelers have rings!:lol:

http://s185.photobucket.com/albums/x...ent=TVR021.jpg

LetItSnow 01-30-2010 01:36 PM

Re: Pic of my new winter beater

Don't anybody lie and say that when you clicked that, you didn't expect an Impreza, or at least its kin!

If you're going to have a beater, that's a pretty slick way to go about it. My '05 2.5 5-speed AWD is just my wife's old Forester!

subeman90 01-30-2010 01:41 PM

...and don't anyone be fooled that car is one damn nice ride and drives great. I love the color, that pic doesn't do it justice. :D

benebob 01-30-2010 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LetItSnow (Post 632679)
Don't anybody lie and say that when you clicked that, you didn't expect an Impreza, or at least its kin!

If you're going to have a beater, that's a pretty slick way to go about it. My '05 2.5 5-speed AWD is just my wife's old Forester!

That 05 Forester would've cost me at least $6k more with the same mileage and wouldn't have 12 cold dead cows under my butt!:lol:

svxfiles 01-30-2010 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benebob (Post 632677)
Here's my new winter beater. It's an 05, 2.5, 5 speed, awd, averaging 32mpg for the first 250 miles with more airbags then my Steelers have rings!:lol:

http://s185.photobucket.com/albums/x...ent=TVR021.jpg

Shiney, pretty!:)

SVXRide 01-30-2010 09:43 PM

a Jag as a winter beater...what next, an F1 as a grocery getter? :rolleyes::lol:
-Bill

Sean486 01-31-2010 06:40 AM

Very nice Ben!

svxfiles 01-31-2010 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVXRide (Post 632752)
a Jag as a winter beater...what next, an F1 as a grocery getter? :rolleyes::lol:
-Bill

No Bill, He'll just use the minivan to get grocerys.

Wait He does'nt HAVE a minivan....

What man would?

And what is in this jar by the door?

It looks like, could it be??????

:eek:

Green1995SVX 01-31-2010 12:00 PM

The Jaguar x type is one of the best values in the used car world. Period. They drive great, have standard all wheel drive, and are much more reliable than their reputation would seem to say.

benebob 01-31-2010 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxfiles (Post 632809)
No Bill, He'll just use the breeder buggie to get grocerys.

Wait He does'nt HAVE a breeder buggie....

What man would?

Fixed your post:D Oh and Bill, I spent a good deal less on the Jag then you did for your breeder buggie. In fact I spent $3k less on it then I did for my 4 year old SVX in 99 with the same mileage on it! Parts are cheaper too:D:D:D:D

The lack of an available ski rack is being solved with the trailer hitch I ordered yesterday. It was even cheaper then the used one I bought used for my Impreza! Yes, I do plan to haul around a utility trailer with is and maybe paint some breeder buggie style man flames on it.:eek:

benebob 01-31-2010 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Green1995SVX (Post 632857)
The Jaguar x type is one of the best values in the used car world. Period. They drive great, have standard all wheel drive, and are much more reliable than their reputation would seem to say.

Thanks for inserting the picture Mike, I'm as tech ambiv. as one can get. Still haven't figured out how to program the radio presets on the radio.:D

If one does decide to go with an X type be very carefull around the auto trannies though as they seem to be as maint. dependent as the SVX tranny.

I'm already contimplating finding an estate wagon to convert to a 5 speed as a replacement my wife's 03 Lemoncy GT.:D

SVXRide 01-31-2010 07:47 PM

:mad::bash:

must get rid of minivan and replace with vette....

:rolleyes:

-Bill

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxfiles (Post 632809)
No Bill, He'll just use the minivan to get grocerys.

Wait He does'nt HAVE a minivan....

What man would?

SVXRide 01-31-2010 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benebob (Post 632874)
Fixed your post:D Oh and Bill, I spent a good deal less on the Jag then you did for your breeder buggie. In fact I spent $3k less on it then I did for my 4 year old SVX in 99 with the same mileage on it! Parts are cheaper too:D:D:D:D

The lack of an available ski rack is being solved with the trailer hitch I ordered yesterday. It was even cheaper then the used one I bought used for my Impreza! Yes, I do plan to haul around a utility trailer with is and maybe paint some breeder buggie style man flames on it.:eek:

Ben,
So, you spent ~$3k on it? I didn't realize the more current Jags even came with manual transmissions. Did you find it local, or did you have to go out of state ala the TVR?
-Bill

svxfiles 01-31-2010 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVXRide (Post 632958)
:mad::bash:

must get rid of minivan and replace with vette....

:rolleyes:

-Bill

Hi Bill!:D
I talked with your Mom today.....:)

How was your flight?:)

I talked with your Mom today...:D

Ya know I could REALLY use a new ACT clutch.....

Your Mom told me some INTERESTING things today...:eek::eek::eek:

Yep, an ACT clutch would sure be nice....

We'll talk soon....

SomethingElse 02-01-2010 05:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benebob (Post 632875)
Thanks for inserting the picture Mike, I'm as tech ambiv. as one can get. Still haven't figured out how to program the radio presets on the radio.:D

If one does decide to go with an X type be very carefull around the auto trannies though as they seem to be as maint. dependent as the SVX tranny.

I'm already contimplating finding an estate wagon to convert to a 5 speed as a replacement my wife's 03 Lemoncy GT.:D

The autos where a nightmare! We had a recall on them. I used to work on Jags I would stay away from anything under an 05. The 5 speeds are a lot more reliable but they still had some electrical glitches. they did away with the 2.5 in 2005 i think..cause the automatic sucked up so much power.

make sure all of the bulletins and recalls have been done.