The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Q & A (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Radio Harness Wiring Diagram??? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=37414)

CDG 02-09-2007 04:48 PM

Radio Harness Wiring Diagram???

My Radio works, the CD player is dieing, and my iPod is my primary source of music, with some CD's as backup. I have a spare Radio and CD player, and they have similar reliability.
Bought a JVC MP3 iPod adapter package for less than $150, but will need to wire up the JVC to the harness attached to one of my 2 radios.
I dont want to mess with the stock harness in the car.
Who can toss me the wiring diagram? So I know which wires are which?

I just couldn't find it when I searched, and swore I saw it in a locker one upon a time.

??

etz bseder 02-09-2007 05:07 PM

it's probably best to try to sell the extra stereo, cd player and get a new harness from svxDC

CDG 02-09-2007 05:08 PM

Ya think?

So just buy a plain harness from svxDC?

Sounds like a good option, lemme search the threads.;)

ensteele 02-09-2007 08:48 PM

Chris, go to the how-to docs and find the info in the one on the WRX CD player that I wrote up. :) Go Here first then go to the last couple of pictures for the info on where to order it from. If you still can't find it, let me know. ;)

Good to see you back on here. :)

CDG 02-11-2007 11:43 AM

Thx Earl, that helps.
I did email svxdc for a harness, so I assume he will also have the wiring diagram for it.

one more question, which of the 2 antenna connections goes to the telescopic antenna, and which to the window wired antenna? or will I have to just try each one, then raise and lower the antenna to check reception?

ensteele 02-11-2007 12:20 PM

I am not sure, but everyone with an after market stereo uses the one that will plug into the stereo and that seems to work for them. I am going to post a new file (up dated) in the How-To when I can today if possible. :)

SVXdc 02-11-2007 12:27 PM

(I've emailed this information to CDG, but for anyone else who finds this thread...)

Everything you want to know about removing the factory radio and installing a new unit (including a wiring diagram) is detailed here:
SVX Audio Installation Guide
The document Earl listed above describes a few additional steps necessary to "transplant" a factory head unit from other late-model Subarus into the SVX. Earl is in the process of posting an updated version in which I corrected a few problems. To find the latest version, go to this folder in the How-To area:
Folder: Stereo Speakers & Antenna
and get the document "WRX Stereo Install" [updated version is there now]

As for the antennas, the coax cable with the male Motorola plug is the one from the motorized antenna. That's the correct gender that will plug into aftermarket HUs. See my guide for more info.

ensteele 02-11-2007 01:55 PM

It has been updated now. :)

AlcyoneDaze 02-11-2007 06:44 PM

while your on the subject, does anyone have any suggestions on what to put in my single DIN slot? its currently occupied by the stock CD player (dead weight) - I know you can get a gauge pod and stuff, are there any performance moniters like a GTECH? also, if anyone has the 'SUBARU' plate that goes there, I would like to buy it off you.

ensteele 02-11-2007 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlcyoneDaze
if anyone has the 'SUBARU' plate that goes there, I would like to buy it off you.

Most stereo shops have them because it is a comon problem. I have heard of many other members getting them there. Good luck. :)

SVXdc 02-12-2007 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ensteele
It has been updated now. :)

Thanks, Earl!

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlcyoneDaze
does anyone have any suggestions on what to put in my single DIN slot? ... also, if anyone has the 'SUBARU' plate that goes there, I would like to buy it off you.

If you were going to go with a plain piece of plastic, why not make it a pocket? That would be a lot more functional and cost about the same.

AlcyoneDaze 02-12-2007 10:28 AM

sure why not, I've heard the 97+ mustang DIN thing will work, any confirmation? I have a bunch of celica ones that definitly DO NOT

CDG 02-12-2007 09:05 PM

I want a pocket!!! :D

Dave, I'd like to think you could sell the Harness' for more $$$ if you included a free Pocket?

btw, Got your email, thx. That was fast.

CDG 02-14-2007 10:37 AM

Now for a Pocket to replace the lower DIN space...

According to the 400Kabillion posts I read threw to find this little bit of info:
The Legacy stock radio has a single din pocket that gets tossed when they upgrade to premium stereo system.
This info was found in a post from 2002, so My guess is there may be more available at wreckers.

I'll do some shopping around and try to locate more info.

p.s. If anyone knows of another post which some specific's, please let me know.:o

CDG 02-27-2007 09:02 AM

Thx to Dave C for his prompt shipping and a flawless product,I'm up a running with a new JVC deck with the iPod attachment.
Ironically I also have a small issue with the front door not quite closing all theway because of the Volume knob on the new radio.
I'm planning on pulling the radio again and slotting the factory holes a little to let the deck slide back. Will post a pic, but its nothing special.
BTW, followed the detailed instrunctions, there very good. GJ!