The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Members Profiles (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=37905)

Trevor 03-12-2007 09:33 PM

Members Profiles

I have noticed that many within their profile, provide very little, if anything, in the way of personal information. This network most surely demonstrates a society of genuine honest people and I am unable to understand why anyone would have a problem with providing more information. This surely is a positive way of confirming the desire to belong and be part.

There is increased pleasure to be derived when a member can be addressed by Christian name. Unless one is posting lies or objectionable comments, why should a person hide? :confused:

Is it that there are thieves perusing the net for the purpose of acquiring SVX cars and parts in particular? Are we branded a wealthy lot? Where is the danger.:confused: Comment will be appreciated. :)

If anhyone wishes to ring my doorbell, please do so.;)

Trevor, Ralph, Sheffield. 16A Seaside Ave, Auckland, 1026, N.Z. Phone 09 820 8553. E-mail, trevshef@xtra.co.nz

Ron Mummert 03-12-2007 09:47 PM

[QUOTE=Trevor]I have noticed that many within their profile, provide very

DING-DONG!!!

Happy Birthday you ancient Kiwi fart!

Anonymous. :cool:

Hocrest 03-12-2007 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trevor

That's an awfully safe statement coming from someone that lives on an island with 50 people and 1000 sheep. :p :D

Of course you know that I'm kidding, your part of the world is one, that I would truly like to visit someday. A friend has traveled there on business and a member over at XT6.net has posted some beautiful photos.

I choose to go by Hocrest because the commonality of Dave Martin would require about 50 different screen names/log in ID's. And my memory just won't allow that. I think that I have some decent info in my profile, I'll have to check it out, when I'm done posting. I can safely say that the biggest benefit of belong to this board is not the knowledge that I've gained, but the friends that I have made.

ensteele 03-12-2007 10:19 PM

I have tried to get members to update their profiles before. I don't understand why they won't even put in their birthdate. Maybe they think someone will judge them because of their age. I also think that this is a place that we should share information on our back grounds and other interests. I hope members who have next to no information will go into their profile and upgrade the informaiton. Thanks for bringing it up again Trevor. :)

ShiuludeSVX 03-12-2007 10:48 PM

Updated

I dood it again.

Trevor 03-12-2007 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShiuludeSVX
I dood it again.

What about a first name so that all can be truly friendly. :)

Trevor.;)

Landshark 03-12-2007 11:32 PM

i go with first name and that's it.

there are a few retards on here that aren't quite right in the head, and confuse the internet with reality. its both sad and funny at the same time.

ensteele 03-12-2007 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Landshark
there are a few retards on here that aren't quite right in the head ...

But we don't hold that against you!!! :rolleyes: :o :D :D

Landshark 03-12-2007 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ensteele
But we don't hold that against you!!! :rolleyes: :o :D :D

i am most definitely an idiot, but i don't threaten people over teh internets. http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/fil...hark/24960.gif

if i threatened people, they might expect something is coming. ;)

huck369 03-13-2007 05:15 AM

Well, Huck is what I go by (short for my last name) but William is my first name....but I do have my location, and birth date in my profile....which I think should be mandatory...Not necessarily a full name though…

If you’ve ever in Somerset, KY you can ask around most of the car places for “that “Huck” guy that messes with Subarus” and most likely find me pretty easy…:)

RSVX 03-13-2007 05:32 AM

Call me 'carefull'... unless I 'trust' you, my first name is all you will ever get...

I also dont come to the SVX network the same way two days in a row, routines are bad, and make you a more readily available target...:cool:

DarknessofDeath 03-13-2007 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RSVX
Call me 'carefull'... unless I 'trust' you, my first name is all you will ever get...

i am along the same lines...i really have nothing but enemies in my life -meet the wrong people or something - but in the same case...my user name is one that i have used for over 10 years. so that singles me out as well. although at the same time, it is a not an uncommon wanted username when i try a new site or program that needs a login.

though i know my name is in one or two threads from before

~ perry

Nomake Wan 03-13-2007 09:28 AM

I was taught at a young age not to front much information over the 'net. I have tried to follow that as closely as I can.

"Nomake Wan" is actually a pen-name I used a while back, and even some of my friends here in town call me "NW" or "Nomake," so I treat it as my real name. I have no problem sharing my age, but birthdate is sometimes used in "information confirmation" programs on e-mail pages and bank statements, etc etc... so I tend to not show the exact date... which is silly I guess, but hey.

It was never that I didn't trust one particular site or another. It has always just been a precaution in general. If you really want to know me, chat me up. I've got IM, and if you're friendly there shouldn't be any problems. Or wait for me to get my car running, and maybe I'll see you at a meet! That's how I end up meeting lots of folks, from places like the Legacy BBS and the Initial D board I'm a moderator on.

From what I've seen you're all pretty cool, and you certainly know your stuff. So don't take it personally if I don't front every piece of information about myself, 'kay?;)

immortal_suby 03-13-2007 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Landshark
i go with first name and that's it.

there are a few on here that aren't quite right in the head, and confuse the internet with reality. its both sad and funny at the same time.

I recently removed alot of my information for this reason.

shelfy 03-13-2007 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by immortal_suby
I recently removed alot of my information for this reason.

i see that. i will refrain from even using your first name.