The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   3D Model of SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=9421)

awdsvx 03-20-2003 06:40 AM

3D Model of SVX

Hi,
I need your help, I am a digital artist. Currently I am trying to find good illustrations of the SVX LSI FOR referance. Does not matter what year. I am trying to recreate the SVX in the 3D world. I am seeking a dead on shot of the TOP VIEW, SIDE VIEW, FRONT VIEW AND REAR VIEW. So if anyone could help please let me know where I can get that information please. Thank you.:)

htyei 03-20-2003 06:49 AM

good luck! I've wanted to do this for the past three-four years but the skill just isnt there... that and the procrastination

Bwana 03-20-2003 07:04 AM

Does the color matter?

Mr. Pockets 03-20-2003 07:16 AM

Re: 3D Model of SVX

Quote:

Originally posted by awdsvx
Hi,
I need your help, I am a digital artist. Currently I am trying to find good illustrations of the SVX LSI FOR referance. Does not matter what year. I am trying to recreate the SVX in the 3D world. I am seeking a dead on shot of the TOP VIEW, SIDE VIEW, FRONT VIEW AND REAR VIEW. So if anyone could help please let me know where I can get that information please. Thank you.:)

Artist, huh? Cool, me too. I've thought about modeling the SVX before, I just haven't gotten around to it. I should have when I had time. :D Where'd you go to school? What do you do now?

I have a side-on shot of my car...I'll look for it...

Here it is...crap, I can't attach a photo by editing...

Mr. Pockets 03-20-2003 07:18 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Okay, here.

awdsvx 03-20-2003 08:31 AM

3D SVX

Hey thanks for all the tips. As far as illustrations go, color or blk & white does not matter. I just need the references in J-peg format. I will be using MAYA to model the car. I actually have started but my references suck beacuse they are not a dead on shot. I want to be as accurate as possible. Mr. pockets, thats cool what you do as well as far your job goes. Currently I really can not say where I work at, lets just say I work at one of the Big 3 automotive companies. I do not want to really say cause I don't want to get into trouble driving an import. I was even thinking modeling the SVX on Auto-Studio to really get high quality surfaces. I went to school here in Michigan, and have taken classes at CCS as well for transportation design.

Mr. Pockets 03-20-2003 09:10 AM

Re: 3D SVX

Quote:

Originally posted by awdsvx
Hey thanks for all the tips. As far as illustrations go, color or blk & white does not matter. I just need the references in J-peg format. I will be using MAYA to model the car. I actually have started but my references suck beacuse they are not a dead on shot. I want to be as accurate as possible. Mr. pockets, thats cool what you do as well as far your job goes. Currently I really can not say where I work at, lets just say I work at one of the Big 3 automotive companies. I do not want to really say cause I don't want to get into trouble driving an import. I was even thinking modeling the SVX on Auto-Studio to really get high quality surfaces. I went to school here in Michigan, and have taken classes at CCS as well for transportation design.
No problem, man, anyti...wait, what tips? :D

Maya...mmmm... :D

awdsvx 03-20-2003 09:19 AM

tips

Just meant thanks for all the advice i meant and thanks for the pic

huck369 03-20-2003 09:30 AM

Hey, awdsvx
When you get it done, would you be able to convert it to AutoCAD 2000 .DWG file, or a .DXF format and send me a copy?
:cool:

Oh yeah, there is one in GT2 might be a good starting point:rolleyes:

Mr. Pockets 03-20-2003 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by huck369
Hey, awdsvx
When you get it done, would you be able to convert it to AutoCAD 2000 .DWG file, or a .DXF format and send me a copy?
:cool:

Oh yeah, there is one in GT2 might be a good starting point:rolleyes:

The model in GT and GT2 is pretty poor - both in polygon count and accuracy. It's very flat, if I remember, and doesn't well represent the car's actual proportions.

Seraph 03-20-2003 10:14 AM

http://www.geocities.com/jamsvx/germansvx21.jpg

Try this.

awdsvx 03-20-2003 10:27 AM

Autocad?????

What's up? Can you not make a SVX in Autocad? LOL, it would be a very "Boxey" car like the engine! Sorry, had to say it, it was there. What would you do with the file??? Autocad can not render like Maya can. So would you place the SVX in some sort of architectural plot plan??

P.S. I can export it to many formats.

ensteele 03-20-2003 11:50 AM

Do you still need pictures of anything? If you do, let me know what you need, and I will take whatever you need. :)

awdsvx 03-20-2003 11:57 AM

Illustrations like this

1 Attachment(s)
Hi, if anyone can find a svx with views like the example I have attached I would appreciate it. I have been looking high and low for them on the internet. Thanks:) :D

www.blueprint69.com

P.S. The higher the resolution the better!

RSVX 03-20-2003 12:14 PM

I dont know if his website is still up but Vinny something or other on the **cough** yahoo website **cough** has done some 3D modeling already. He was the guy that arrange the West Point meet a long time ago, anyone still have that web address?