The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   More Midwest Meet (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=549)

BLKSVX92 06-03-2001 09:58 PM

Midwest Gathering

Just curious if anyone would be interested? i guess we'll see what this turns up

Mike

sith 06-03-2001 11:36 PM

I'd be up for it.

Aredubjay 06-04-2001 08:27 AM

Yo! You know I'm there (if dates don't conflict) :)

mohrds 06-04-2001 12:16 PM

I'll be there if I'm available.

BLKSVX92 06-04-2001 02:33 PM

What would be the best dates for everyone...this coming week June 8-15 would be ideal for me. It would be fantastic to get a gorup together...there are at least 5 here in rockford, 1 blue 94, at least 1 claret, 2 or 3 red, another black, at least 1 pearl, ive seen silver around too

mike

Aredubjay 06-04-2001 03:06 PM

<<this coming week June 8-15 would be ideal for me.>>

I wouldn't be able to make it this coming weekend, but, perhaps next weekend.

Oops. Just noticed that's Father's day. Oh well. It'd be a good Father's day present to myself. :D

Uh, oh. Just went to the company's production calender. Just found out they have me scheduled for a show that weekend (not a good Father's Day present), and not even the one we spoke about, Michael! They slipped one in on me. I'm screwed.

mohrds 06-04-2001 04:17 PM

How's the week after father's day?

Looking at my SVX calander, that would make it Saturday the 23rd.

That works for me...

Doug

Aredubjay 06-04-2001 07:48 PM

That might work for me, if they don't throw another stupid show in on me.

Seraph 06-04-2001 08:45 PM

Can someone define Midwest? I am in chicago. If it not too far and if my SVX is still running, I will be there.
Lwin

BLKSVX92 06-04-2001 09:35 PM

Randy....the 23 is a good possiblity for me too right now...do you want to plan on that for now???

Definition of Midwest-anyone who live near IL, WI, KY, doesnt matter where if you want to come and can make it come!!!!!Please come!!!!!

I'm in rockford Lwin its about 2 hours north of you come if you can

Mike

Aredubjay 06-04-2001 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by BLKSVX92
Randy....the 23 is a good possiblity for me too right now...do you want to plan on that for now???

Lock it in, Mike! Yee Haw! Just how many can we get?!?!? Let's do it, Y'all!

mohrds 06-05-2001 09:49 AM

<<actually the non-functioning AC hasn't been a problem as it hasn't gotten above 63 F in the Milwaukee area yet this year>>

What crack have you been smoking? (:- P)

Just after easter it was in the high 70's for a few days, then winter came back....

Anycow, Are you going to the Rockford meet on the 23rd?

Doug

lightning_8669 06-05-2001 10:06 AM

What crack have you been smoking?

Smoking or soaking?

You're right, it was in the upper 70's last winter. :D Doug, do you suppose the other folks on this site think us Northerners aren't wrapped too tight? I mean how can anyone make sense of someone who lives someplace where, when if finally warms up for the 38 minutes of summer, they donate all their blood to the mosquitos? Then get plunged back into another 9 months of winter to enjoy the sound of the furnace sending their paycheck up the chimmney? When's the last time you saw the sun by the way? A real work perk right now would be free antidepressants.:D

Rockford Meet? June 23rd? Probably not. Will likely be in Elkhart lake for the Sprints. Maybe with a "For Sale" sign in the widow of the "Bordeaux Beast". Or the "Money Pit" as my old man calls it. But then again I don't recall him ever having much fun. 'course that could be a byproduct of fathering 7 boys. Anyway, the schedule is always open to change by weather, money and the whims of the house spouse. Keep me posted however.

1994SubaruSVX 06-05-2001 11:30 AM

already asked the wife....

and she honestly said that if we have nothing going on that weekend she doesnt mind coming! maybe it has something to do with the family she has in chicago......so honestly count me in! what city exactly would the midwest meet be in?

Aredubjay 06-05-2001 11:50 AM

Re: already asked the wife....

Quote:

Originally posted by 1994SubaruSVX
and she honestly said that if we have nothing going on that weekend she doesnt mind coming! maybe it has something to do with the family she has in chicago......so honestly count me in!
I'm sure that has absolutely NOTHING to do with it, Leo. It had to be my "sparkling" personality that convinced her that you guys should meet more SVXers. :D Looks like this is shaping up to be a "real" meet.