The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   my newly remodeled svx (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3289)

danrowski 03-24-2002 03:34 PM

my newly remodeled svx

Hola,

I just wanted say that my svx is now honda s2000 phoneix yellow, has a wrx hood scoop, a supra spolier, 18" black konig flights, a borla exhaust, and many other modifictions that I don't feel like putting down. :D This car looks freakin awesome and I have had so many compliments and it has only been a day! Here is the link for those of you that would like to think I am lying. I know how you old folks are about your proof!;)

http://profiles.yahoo.com/danrowski

I will take some more and post them soon.

Danny!

Boone 03-24-2002 03:43 PM

RE: my newly remodeled SVX

Methinks this may be the first assassination attempt on our SVX Network President. :cool: :D :D ;) (anyone know CPR?)

SHISVX 03-24-2002 06:19 PM

Re: RE: my newly remodeled SVX

Quote:

Originally posted by Boone
Methinks this may be the first asassination attempt on our SVX Network President. :cool: :D :D ;) (anyone know CPR?)

oh, dear, our poor network president! so sad. so young.

nice car:D

Kelli

Ennui 03-24-2002 07:01 PM

RE: my newly remodeled svx

Uhhhh . . . not to slam you (too bad); but you murdered this poor SVX. That yellow is just a tad too harsh on the eyes. Those rims don't fit the car -- it looks like you took a corner too fast and lost your hubcaps. I suppose it'd all be forgiveable . . . but you just HAD to put that spoiler on it. The word screamed isn't "nice"; but it rhymes. ^ ^

"Super Spoiler -- the ultimate performance upgrade. Not only does it make your car look faster, it hinders your rearward visibility too!" -- riceboypage.com

ensteele 03-24-2002 07:04 PM

So young - so angry - Damn that Rap Music !!!!:rolleyes:

danrowski 03-24-2002 07:25 PM

alright! bashing!

Lol....I knew I would get bashed...I can't help that the stock svx is old and very boring. And if the rims didn't fit the car it wouldn't be very drivable now would it? dur. :D So what if the car looks "ricey" after all it was manufactured in a "ricey" country. If it doesn't look "ricey" what is it supposed to look like? Cerntainly not an american muscle car..... Don't get me wrong, I am not angered at all by your comments, I knew they would come. It is just sad that people get knocked when they try to be different. I have seen some truly horrendously modded svx's and I think mine was done very nicely. I put three months and a few thousand dollars into it. I kept mine stock for awhile but just got bored with it. Ah well.

Oh yeah, I don't listen to rap music. HA.

Danny.

5slo 03-24-2002 07:35 PM

s2000 wannabe

I made an account just to REPLY to this thread. It may be a bad picture of the car. However I think i speak for everybody when i say..."What was you thinking when you bought that spoiler?" I like yellow with black rims. However I dont think the wheels compliament the lines of the SVX. Could you post more pics? maybe closer up...

my point is that wing belongs on an airplane, not a car

IMO.

Boone 03-24-2002 07:44 PM

.... more, more, more

Dan,
Sure, post some more pics and show me more. Got any pics of horrendously modded SVXs? :D B.

alacrity024 03-24-2002 08:14 PM

Okay, my turn to talk.

It's none of our business to tell someone that what they've done is wrong. We can disagree, but at least we can "agree to disagree." I certianly disagree with some of Dan's choices, but I'm not about to tell him that he's wrong.

I think I like the wheels, but I'd need a closer picture to be sure.

The yellow really isn't terrible, but I can see that many people wouldn't like it. Maybe if it were a hair duller I'd like it more. Again, a closer picture would be great.

The wing choice is Dan's only decision that I completely disagree with. I am all for putting an aftermarket wing on the SVX but an extra-tall supra wing (that actually appears to extend above the roofline) is not my first choice. Although a wing that high will not obstruct the view in the rear-view mirror one bit , it does not satisfy my personal taste for matching the SVX's lines.

I would love to see a better picture of the intake, because I think it would look sweet.

Dan-

I'm glad you were able to customize your car to your liking. Lord knows I'd do the same if I could afford it. Unfortunately all of my money needs to go toward prolonging the life of my vehicle. Hope to see you at a meet someday soon.

-Adam (..not alan)

wasions 03-24-2002 08:58 PM

In the words of the immortal Eric Clapton (and Cream) . . .

. . . "Do whatcha like."

I like the color (I really do). I can't see the wheels. The picture is too small. (My eyes are too bad?)
As far as the wing? Well, maybe it's a little much. But then, I saw that same spoiler on a red SVX about three years ago in Evansville, Indiana, and I liked it. So maybe I'm just giving in to the quo when I diss it.
Did you do the work yourself? What did you have hired done?

Doogie 03-24-2002 09:36 PM

sheesh man get some more pics up, we can't even see the hood scoop!

EverclearAtMSU 03-24-2002 09:45 PM

Re: my newly remodeled svx

before i make any comment I'd like to see some more pics...

northernkanuck 03-24-2002 10:45 PM

I don't mind the colour, actually wasn't some shade of yellow a stock colour everywhere else in the world except the US and Canada? At least the wing would not interfere with your view out the rear window (one of my biggest complaints about the optional wing on the SVX). I would also like to see more pictures as it is too difficult to make out the rims and other mods. The most important thing to remember is as long as Dan enjoys his SVX it really doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.

Keith

Seraph 03-25-2002 12:40 AM

I don't think you want me to start... OK, where to begin... I would like to tell you Dan that this is only my opinion and nothing more. I like the SVX in yellow. I think it is good. However, I'd love it a little more if it was slightly orangeish yellow or lighter (firetruck) yellow. Yellow on the SVX is a nice sharp colour.

Secondly IMHO , SVX in yellow would look a whole lot better with 17" brushed aluminium or chromed rims.

I like the scoop idea. that is a good thing. I have seen some carbon fiber scoops and they look sweet. SVX would be a nicer looking car with a scoop.

As for the wings, the only wing on the SVX i like is the prototype wing that was made for the show room. I don't like the current spoiler I have and Wings that are made without take off ability is just a waste. Just my opinion.

But as long as you love what you did, that's all good. I have strobes on mine. A lot of people would not even think about that. What ever float your boat man. Good luck with your SVX.

Lwin

Seraph 03-25-2002 12:45 AM

Re: RE: my newly remodeled SVX

Quote:

Originally posted by Boone
Methinks this may be the first assassination attempt on our SVX Network President. :cool: :D :D ;) (anyone know CPR?)
I ain't kissing him. :D

yuck!!

I'll take his car though -- if his heart fails. I am always looking for a second SVX. :D