The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   SVX Cars For Sale (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   MUST SAVE THIS 1993!!!!! 97K miles (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=32469)

sicksubie 04-03-2006 02:42 PM

MUST SAVE THIS 1993!!!!! 97K miles

There is a guy who wants to part out his 1993 SVX with 97k miles. He blew his tranny and doesn't want to fix it. He said that it is in great shape exterior wise and interior wise. I found this cuz he listed the motor on ebay and mentioned that he was going to start parting out the car. I asked him to wait until I could see if there was someone who wanted the whole car. He wants 1700.- firm for it. Please somebody prevent us from losing another 1993. I would get it, but I just bought a 1992 LS-L and two SVX's is pushing it while I'm in college. So there is no way a third one is possible. PM me if you want the seller's info.

PatrickB 04-03-2006 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sicksubie
There is a guy who wants to part out his 1993 SVX with 97k miles. He blew his tranny and doesn't want to fix it. He said that it is in great shape exterior wise and interior wise. I found this cuz he listed the motor on ebay and mentioned that he was going to start parting out the car. I asked him to wait until I could see if there was someone who wanted the whole car. He wants 1700.- firm for it. Please somebody prevent us from losing another 1993. I would get it, but I just bought a 1992 LS-L and two SVX's is pushing it while I'm in college. So there is no way a third one is possible. PM me if you want the seller's info.

where is the car located and pics? or a link etc

sicksubie 04-03-2006 03:33 PM

The car is in PA (checking on what town) and let me get back to you tonight on the pics. I will email him and see if he can send me any. If he can I will try to post them immediately.

sicksubie 04-03-2006 03:33 PM

P.S. how do you include pics in the actual post???

Manarius 04-03-2006 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sicksubie
P.S. how do you include pics in the actual post???

Attach them or use the image tag. Do this:
Code:

[img]url[/img]
Or attach.

Earthworm 04-03-2006 04:46 PM

I know Earl must be drooling about this one. Maybe Larry would like to keep this one on the eastern half of the US?

AppStateSVX 04-03-2006 05:15 PM

hey, I will DEF. buy this, but I might need some help gettting it down to Asheville. If anyone can help tow it down here, or something of that nature, I will pay for their gas.

Mike621 04-03-2006 07:02 PM

I may be of some help. PM sent.

AppStateSVX 04-03-2006 08:46 PM

well, I wonder if we can't tow it all the way here, if we could tow it somewhere and swap a 4.44 in it? then I could just drive it back to AVL....might be a little more pricey of an option, but with some help in planning to keep costs down, possible

ensteele 04-03-2006 09:13 PM

Droooooooooooool. :rolleyes: :) :) I saw that and know that it is too far away for me to do something about it. I hope you guys can rescue this one. :) :)

AppStateSVX 04-03-2006 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ensteele
Droooooooooooool. :rolleyes: :) :) I saw that and know that it is too far away for me to do something about it. I hope you guys can rescue this one. :) :)

me too, i really hope that with some help, i can save it. I don't need monetary support (though i wouldn't deny any offers....:) ) but all I really need help with is getting it down here. Anyone wanna help host the car while getting a 4.44 swap? or any good ideas?

sicksubie 04-03-2006 11:18 PM

No pics yet, but I replied to the two PM's that I received. I will update ya'll shortly. I wish I wasn't in skool still. Darn coledge is overrated anyways and it prevents me frum having cash-money to buy stuff like this.

It's Just Eric 04-03-2006 11:30 PM

Road trip. Whatever mike helps to offer Ill be with him. Gimme a day or two notice so I can get off work.
Need a place to park it / store it, my yard is big. Im also close enough for either AvPPoW or Tom'sSVX (Listed in their perspective distances from my house) to get the tranny done.

AppStateSVX 04-04-2006 12:06 AM

allrighty, where is the car located? I guess I need some more info before I can say for sure if I'm going to go through with it or not. I really want to save this SVX, so hopefully things will work out.....

sicksubie 04-04-2006 08:35 AM

The car is in Huntington Valley, Pennsylvania. I emailed him last night to get more info, but haven't gotten an answer. I'm going to class now, but I will check in before I leave for work to see if he responded.