The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Please no more (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=51375)

TomsSVX 08-21-2009 08:14 PM

Please no more

Sorry guys, but it is about time people learned how to do a proper search.

Please click the search button at the menu bar as seen here
http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h225/TomsSVX/PM2.jpg

This is how you know you are doing it wrong...
http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h225/TomsSVX/PM1.jpg

Thanks and have a wonderful day and a pleasant tomorrow

Tom

Johnybeas 08-21-2009 09:12 PM

Re: Please no more

LMFAO:lol::rolleyes:

JaySVX 08-21-2009 10:47 PM

Hey tom, i have a question...

Gamesy 08-21-2009 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JaySVX (Post 614619)

lol Smartass

TomsSVX 08-22-2009 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JaySVX (Post 614619)

Thats a good story:p

Tom

Wikedjuggalo 08-22-2009 09:54 AM

When did we get a search button ? I better PM you and ask about it!

MiataMania 08-22-2009 11:22 AM

I am going to have to send you a PM with just that exact title...I do have a few questions about some of the stuff for sale on your site though. :)

SomethingElse 08-22-2009 01:09 PM

your just too dam helpful :)

I can has 500 pmz?

svxfiles 08-22-2009 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SomethingElse (Post 614700)
your just too dam helpful :)

I can has 500 pmz?

No, no.
YOU has 500 PMS!:eek::lol:

Myxalplyx 08-22-2009 06:59 PM

Hey Tom,

I tried searching but I could not find an answer. Can I ask you a question? Oops! I already did. :o

I will just send you what I think the answer is and if I'm wrong, you respond with the 'right' answer. :D

AyeJaye 08-22-2009 10:12 PM

Okay, I've been holding off on this for a while but I can't keep quiet anymore. I understand the frustration for the older members having to see the same old questions come up over and over again, believe me I do. But as a newer member with a lot of questions I have tried searching time and time again for information, only to find pages upon pages of threads with maybe 5 responses, 4 of which are the same people suggesting that the member use the search function. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't this network originally created so that SVX enthusiasts could have a place to share their experiences/knowledge with others and help people who might not know as much as they do? There is a wealth of information here, both previously discussed and in the experiences of the senior members of this board. So instead of badgering people who don't quite understand why you're so frustrated with their questions, why not use your experience and knowledge to help someone out who probably genuinely needs it?

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing but respect for you guys. I've learned more from this site than just about any other forum I've ever been a member of. I just think the information could be more readily shared at times.

Green1995SVX 08-22-2009 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AyeJaye (Post 614782)
Okay, I've been holding off on this for a while but I can't keep quiet anymore. I understand the frustration for the older members having to see the same old questions come up over and over again, believe me I do. But as a newer member with a lot of questions I have tried searching time and time again for information, only to find pages upon pages of threads with maybe 5 responses, 4 of which are the same people suggesting that the member use the search function. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't this network originally created so that SVX enthusiasts could have a place to share their experiences/knowledge with others and help people who might not know as much as they do? There is a wealth of information here, both previously discussed and in the experiences of the senior members of this board. So instead of badgering people who don't quite understand why you're so frustrated with their questions, why not use your experience and knowledge to help someone out who probably genuinely needs it?

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing but respect for you guys. I've learned more from this site than just about any other forum I've ever been a member of. I just think the information could be more readily shared at times.

Agreed. This post is totally correct.

Landshark 08-22-2009 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomsSVX (Post 614592)
Sorry guys, but it is about time people learned how to do a proper search.

Please click the search button at the menu bar as seen here
http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h225/TomsSVX/PM2.jpg

This is how you know you are doing it wrong...
http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h225/TomsSVX/PM1.jpg

Thanks and have a wonderful day and a pleasant tomorrow

Tom

cool story, bro.

subiemech85 08-23-2009 01:44 AM

Re: Please no more...

1 Attachment(s)
Please no more... COMPLAINING when old thread is replied to :rolleyes:

is this what is used to search?? :confused:

:p

Hocrest 08-23-2009 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AyeJaye (Post 614782)

I agree, and understand. Sometimes the search can be difficult to use to get specific information when your not familiar with what the problem actually is.

But that isn't the point of the original post. Tom is upset that instead of searching or posting about the problem or question, they send him a PM.