The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Hood ruined, need justice (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=21863)

Tim 10-08-2004 01:24 PM

Hood ruined, need justice

Sigh... every scratch and dent on my car is never from me but caused by someone else.

I woke up this morning to find that someone sat on my hood because there were all fingerprint smudges and large dents on my hood. There were a lot of them, at least 10-12 on my drivers side and my fender has some dents in the top corner. It looks like my thug neighbor that got out of jail and his friends were hanging out late at night again in the street making tons of noise.

The police are coming now to check out the damages even though they'll probably think i wasted their time.

It's not horrid but it's very noticeable up close and the hood looks all wavy now :(

I dont know what to do, I ahve a feeling its a waste of time and I'm just going to end up with just more dents and no justification. I'll post pictures soon.

NapaBavarian 10-08-2004 01:35 PM

You need to invest in a hitman:mad: :( :mad: :mad:

Tim 10-08-2004 01:47 PM

I figured...

The police can't do anything. They think acorns or something fell and hit my hood and that the smudges are from me not rubbing the wax out really well, which is a whole crock of crap.

The only thing that could possibly happen is really big hail but there was no hail last night and they were hand smudges.

I mean its not horrid but it bothers me a lot to see that every day.

They just told me to keep an eye on my car and if I see my neighbors out late at night then to call them.

SHISVX 10-08-2004 02:06 PM

hook your car up so that anyone that touches it gets a "mild" electric shock!

bastards, i would hang outside of my house with a damn hose. i hate disrespectful people, especially when it comes to my car!

bastads

Kelli

NapaBavarian 10-08-2004 02:09 PM

Did you insist on filing a report? They call that vandalism in CA, and I have seen cops who don't want to write a report try to BS their way out of it, but having a report on file never hurts, and if anyone is ever caught doing something similar in the future it could be advantagous.

Tim 10-08-2004 02:17 PM

I filed a report already, but the neighbor that I think did it is getting paranoid. When the police came I saw one of the neighbor's friends stick his head out of his balcony to look at what was going on. After the police left I heard one of the girls talking on her cell phone how "the guy's youngest son called them". I'm assuming they were talking about me, so it makes me think that if they didn't do anything wrong last night then why would they talk about it, ya know?

nsm484 10-08-2004 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by TE1221
I filed a report already, but the neighbor that I think did it is getting paranoid. When the police came I saw one of the neighbor's friends stick his head out of his balcony to look at what was going on. After the police left I heard one of the girls talking on her cell phone how "the guy's youngest son called them". I'm assuming they were talking about me, so it makes me think that if they didn't do anything wrong last night then why would they talk about it, ya know?
A friend of mine had this same problem before... I dont know where he got this stuff, but he installed a seperate security system under the hood (he made a box to hold it himself)
with shock sensors and sound sensors, so anytime someone
would sit on his hood or push down on it (he had a Honda so anytime you did that it made a thud) the 2nd alarm would go off.

Tim 10-08-2004 02:22 PM

I'm going to get another alarm with shock sensors.

Do any of you guys run aftermarket alarms along wtih the stock ones? I dont know if it would interfere with the stock one.

97LSi004 10-08-2004 02:33 PM

In addition to cars being sat on what sucks is being keyed across the back under the tailights, yeah.
Also getting hit in a parking lot. Without knowing who did it. leaving the right rear dented to H3LL.
AAGHH i hate people who dont care..

Earthworm 10-08-2004 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by TE1221
Do any of you guys run aftermarket alarms along wtih the stock ones? I dont know if it would interfere with the stock one.
You're better off just getting a single alarm to replace the OEM alarm.

Myetball 10-08-2004 02:58 PM

You can get a simple shock sensing alarm real cheap...<$50. It will wire in to a power source and not interfere with the factory alarm.

It's when you start looking for more advanced systems with starter kill, remote start and such that it gets expensive and has to be wired to piggyback or replace the factory system.

Since the factory system is pretty good, door/trunk triggers and starter kill, just get a cheap shock sensor to make noise when your criminal neighbors get too close.

n00b on demand 10-08-2004 08:26 PM

If you need a hitman let me know. I have my way of taking care of issues.

SubaSteevo 10-08-2004 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by soobiesvx93
If you need a hitman let me know. I have my way of taking care of issues.
For future reference, the SVX's trunk can easily fit 2 average sized adult bodies, 3 more if dismembered, however blood is extremely difficult to get out of the escaine.

Tim 10-08-2004 10:54 PM

I see.... doesn't teh svx have a stock shock sensor?

manofmayo 10-09-2004 01:06 AM

it does I think