The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Looking for Sacramento SVX'r (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3970)

Brian Steel 05-01-2002 01:55 PM

Looking for Sacramento SVX'r

I'm looking for someone in Sacramento who might be able to do a visual inspection on an SVX, possibly as early as
next Tuesday. If you can or know someone who can, please email me directly or call. I also might need a competent independent repair shop that is familiar with the SVX.

Thanks,

jsvxstyle 05-01-2002 02:50 PM

i can help you if you came down to Lafayette in Lafayette. for the visual inspection. oh yea the type of inspection would be nice is you clarify.

Brian Steel 05-01-2002 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by jsvxstyle
i can help you if you came down to Lafayette in Lafayette. for the visual inspection. oh yea the type of inspection would be nice is you clarify.
This car is not running so the car would need to be looked over where it sits. Just a 5-10 minute visual inspection is what I need.

jsvxstyle 05-01-2002 03:03 PM

do a quick test of the basic function of a engine. disconnect the fuel line then crank the engine, if yes procedd to take the coil out of the last cylinder on the ezes side put a plug in it and see if hav spark, then check the injector pulse with a diod to see if it has a pulse, then to see if the belt didnt jump some teeth, its no perfectly accurate but pull out the coil on one side with the injecter diod on the same side you pulled the coil to see if firing points are good meaning itspark and diods at the same time. if that doesnt work crank the engine for about 25 seconds, you shuld have a code stored in memory for the fault read the code and do further diagnostic

Brian Steel 05-01-2002 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by jsvxstyle
do a quick test of the basic function of a engine. disconnect the fuel line then crank the engine, if yes procedd to take the coil if that doesnt work crank the engine for about 25 seconds, you shuld have a code stored in memory for the fault read the code and do further diagnostic
Sorry to give the wrong impression. I'm in Tacoma Washington and I need someone to look over an SVX in Sacramento. I simple lookover is fine. It has no key, no seats and many other parts are missing. I just can't be there myself so I need someone to be my eyes. They don't need to be a technician. If I buy the car, I may want the name of a shop close by.

jsvxstyle 05-01-2002 03:30 PM

oh now i t the point. lol. soory for the long words

Hangtownsvx 05-01-2002 04:28 PM

Sacramento contacts

Try Steve Barsotti in Newcastle for the mechanic. He works on a lot of them. (916) 663-3077. Maybe I could look at it for you if he can't.
Ken

Brian Steel 05-02-2002 11:17 AM

Re: Sacramento contacts

Quote:

Originally posted by Hangtownsvx
Try Steve Barsotti in Newcastle for the mechanic. He works on a lot of them. (916) 663-3077. Maybe I could look at it for you if he can't.
Ken

Ken,
Thanks. I sent you a private message too but if you can do something for me on Tuesday the 7th, please give me a call at: 1-800-767-2780.