The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Yukkkk!!! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2505)

Beav 01-18-2002 08:13 PM

Yukkkk!!!

I see the nasty stuff is heading this way, that oughtta make a bunch of you happy. Tomorrow morning, while you're out playing in the stuff just remember some of us have to work and we don't like it when you bring your car in for a discount oil change when it's dripping a half-ton of slush down our necks. ;)

Beav

SVXphile 01-18-2002 08:58 PM

Heading this way...

Yeah...Jean and I were planning a little trip down to East Tennessee tomorrow morning too. Well, if it is not too bad, we will take the Impreza. It has new Guardex snow and ice tires, and they grip very well. We will see what the morning brings I guess...:confused: Don

wasions 01-19-2002 11:59 AM

A stinkin' lousy inch anna haf. And nothing on the roads. Booooo.

Aredubjay 01-19-2002 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by wasions
A stinkin' lousy inch anna haf. And nothing on the roads. Booooo.
My sentiments exactly! Only, we got about 3 inches.

KYDOT must've been poised for an all-out assault. I even went looking for sideroads that hadn't been cleared, which, brought me my most exciting moment. No, not a wonderful, virgin snow covered road --- A SNOWPLOW MOVING TOWARD ME AT ABOUT 50 MPH ON A NARROW BACKROAD!! I think he was as surprised to see me as I was him. He almost swirved off the shoulder, but regained composure and flew by me pinging my car with salt pellets that had been scattered earlier. I looked high and low for unplowed roads to no avail. My only choice was to try launching from the end of my (approximately) 50 ft driveway. Not very exciting. :(

Beav 01-19-2002 03:31 PM

What in the heck is up with all of these states using salt anyway?? In Colorado it's illegal to salt roads, save a small stretch of interstate in downtown Denver. People there get along just fine and their cars last forever.

Beav

249SVX 01-19-2002 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Beav
What in the heck is up with all of these states using salt anyway?? In Colorado it's illegal to salt roads, save a small stretch of interstate in downtown Denver. People there get along just fine and their cars last forever.

Beav

We got about 4-5 inches in PA tonight. Was pretty fun coming home from work.

nvrmore100 01-20-2002 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Beav

Beav

True but you forget what it's like getting 30 tons of sand put everywhere. :(

Beav 01-20-2002 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by nvrmore100

True but you forget what it's like getting 30 tons of sand put everywhere. :(

Not likely I'll forget, I had to drive up and down I-70 from the mountains everyday. However, no matter how many sand pits you get the car doesn't rot away to nothing in three years like it does in the east. BTW, calling that stuff sand is a very loose term - more like split gravel. :rolleyes:

Beav