The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Are they crazy on eBay? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=7963)

montypython 01-05-2003 05:30 AM

Are they crazy on eBay?

I need a new remote, so I looked on eBay. There is one that a couple of days ago was in the high $30 range.
I checked again this morning (6 hours to go, and the bidding is up to $132:eek: I know I can go to the dealer and order one for $60.
Am I missing something here or what?:confused:
I've seen before that people will pay way more for something on eBay than they can get it for in the store.

Landshark 01-05-2003 07:16 AM

i saw current WRX brochures selling on ebay for upwards of $20 - you can get these for FREE at any Subaru dealer! hellooo....:confused:

CigarJohnny 01-05-2003 07:21 AM

Wasn't it P.T. Barnum who said "There's a sucker born every minute"?

ensteele 01-05-2003 10:33 AM

Gee, didn't you see the fine print "rare". That ought to make it at least a $150.00 item. :rolleyes: :confused: :)

ensteele 01-05-2003 11:25 AM

1 Attachment(s)
After seeing all of the good deals on ebay, I thought I might offer this good deal to everyone here first. (the SVX Network) I thought is was only fair. This item maybe should have been in the For Sale thread. The reserve should be around $50.00. :rolleyes: :D :D :D :D

"Rare" SVX Box O Quarters :rolleyes: ;) ------- Hang on to your socks !! :)

CigarJohnny 01-05-2003 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by ensteele93
After seeing all of the good deals on ebay, I thought I might offer this good deal to everyone here first. (the SVX Network) I thought is was only fair. This item maybe should have been in the For Sale thread. The reserve should be around $50.00. :rolleyes: :D :D :D :D

"Rare" SVX Box O Quarters :rolleyes: ;) ------- Hang on to your socks !! :)

I'd give you $5.25 for it! :D

Bwana 01-05-2003 01:43 PM

Seriously...you wouldnt want to sell me that, would you? I ripped mine apart and ghetto-fit my garage door opener in the space, but it doesnt work very well from there.

Uncamitzi 01-05-2003 02:07 PM

Uhhh... Johnny.....

Quote:

Originally posted by CigarJohnny
I'd give you $5.25 for it! :D
It might be a small box with dimes......;)

ensteele 01-05-2003 03:03 PM

They are real quarters, but I guess you didn't get the rare part that makes it WORTH so much more. :D

This is my change box out of my car, so I am not interested in selling it. Sorry. The price one pays to be a smart donkey. :D :D

SVXCAPE 01-05-2003 08:22 PM

Re: Are they crazy on eBay?

Quote:

Originally posted by montypython
I need a new remote, so I looked on eBay. There is one that a couple of days ago was in the high $30 range.
I checked again this morning (6 hours to go, and the bidding is up to $132:eek: I know I can go to the dealer and order one for $60.
Am I missing something here or what?:confused:
I've seen before that people will pay way more for something on eBay than they can get it for in the store.

Not crazy, just determined not to loose, and it's just money anyway. ;) Besides I checked at a few dealers, and the remotes that they had did not have the svx logo on it. Also it is a matter of convienience, Point , click, pay, recieve, at least that's how I justified it to myself:p

sfsvx 01-06-2003 10:50 AM

Re: Are they crazy on eBay?

There can be no other possible explanation.

SVXphile 01-06-2003 11:34 AM

Suckers....

<Wasn't it P.T. Barnum who said "There's a sucker born every minute"?>

..........and he got it from the guy who invented the lolly-pop....I forget his name.

Then he installed new machinery, and picked up the production rate quite a bit..... :rolleyes:

The machinery had its teething problems, especially the part where the wood was dipped into the cooling candy. This gave rise to another famous saying....

"Get on the stick!"

:rolleyes: :D (can you tell that I am enjoying a "Snow Day"?)

Aredubjay 01-06-2003 03:07 PM

Sorry, I thought this was a rhetorical question. :rolleyes: :D

Uncamitzi 01-06-2003 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Aredubjay
:(

Rhetoric is taken the same way here as Sarcasm.....

Poorly for the most part ;):(

CigarJohnny 01-06-2003 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Aredubjay
It was but that's ok ;)