The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   SVX Parts Wanted (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   WTB: 92-ish Trans. Filter Bracket (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=42647)

Kurt_W 01-05-2008 05:41 PM

WTB: 92-ish Trans. Filter Bracket

Hello,

I am looking for a bracket for the factory transmission filter for my SVX. Anyone have a spare laying around?

If not, does anyone at least know the factory parts number?

Thanks,

Kurt

ensteele 01-05-2008 06:14 PM

If you do a search, you should be able to find the parts number. They are around $12 to $15 and it includes the bracket and new hoses. :)

ShiuludeSVX 01-06-2008 08:07 AM

Here Ya Go

The part number 31099AA091 is for the external filter kit that Subaru installed when they recalled cars with the 4EAT transmission. This link shows the mounted filter: http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/files/How-To/14367.

Thought I would save you some time.
Look through the "How To's", and utilize the search {straight up from right here}.

Search will serve you well:cool:

redlightningsvx 01-06-2008 08:14 AM

link broke............

ensteele 01-06-2008 12:16 PM

TThis link should work to a picture of the filter. :)

ensteele 01-06-2008 12:16 PM

This link should work to a picture of the filter. :) :)

ShiuludeSVX 01-06-2008 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redlightningsvx (Post 519526)
link broke............

Ah... Sorry about that. I tried it from your reply, and yup, not working.

But you got the part number of the kit.
That should help you a bit also.

ensteele 01-06-2008 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShiuludeSVX (Post 519616)
Ah... Sorry about that. I tried it from your reply, and yup, not working.

But you got the part number of the kit.
That should help you a bit also.

My link works. :) :)

Kurt_W 01-07-2008 08:50 PM

Thanks guys.

I ordered one of the kits your guys are talking about years ago but when it showed up it didn't have the correct bracket to mount on an SVX. The only thing I can guess at this point is that it wasn't the kit you guys mentioned.

Also, I recently ordered some parts from Liberty and the guy that I ordered from stated that the above mentioned kit was not for the SVX and instead sold me 31099AA031, which I believe to be a SVX replacement tranny filter. So I have the filter, just not a bracket that will fit.

The bracket in the 31099AA091 kit mounts like it should then I take it?

ShiuludeSVX 01-16-2008 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kurt_W (Post 519826)
Thanks guys.

I ordered one of the kits your guys are talking about years ago but when it showed up it didn't have the correct bracket to mount on an SVX. The only thing I can guess at this point is that it wasn't the kit you guys mentioned.

Also, I recently ordered some parts from Liberty and the guy that I ordered from stated that the above mentioned kit was not for the SVX and instead sold me 31099AA031, which I believe to be a SVX replacement tranny filter. So I have the filter, just not a bracket that will fit.

The bracket in the 31099AA091 kit mounts like it should then I take it?

I just pulled my Bracket today after mounting, and plumbing the PermaCool Kit.

I will post a picture of the available bracket later tonight.
PM me with your particulars, and I will send it out.

svxpert 01-19-2008 12:42 PM

<<Also, I recently ordered some parts from Liberty and the guy that I ordered from stated that the above mentioned kit was not for the SVX and instead sold me 31099AA031, which I believe to be a SVX replacement tranny filter. So I have the filter, just not a bracket that will fit.>>

how much was just the filter?

ensteele 01-19-2008 01:40 PM

I don't think you can buy just the filter. At least I have not been able to find it. I have had to buy the kit each time. :o

Kurt_W 01-21-2008 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShiuludeSVX (Post 521674)
I just pulled my Bracket today after mounting, and plumbing the PermaCool Kit.

I will post a picture of the available bracket later tonight.
PM me with your particulars, and I will send it out.

I'll shoot you a PM here in a few. Thanks for the offer! I don't suppose you happened to get a picture of it did you?

As for whether you can get the filter separately, yes you can. However, there is no reason to. The AA031 part number is the filter itself (I have it sitting on my Kitchen counter to be sent back) and it appears to be the exact same filter as the one that comes in the AA091 kit. With that being said, the filter by itself from Liberty was ~$43 after discount versus ~$8 for the complete kit. So, as I said before, there is no reason to get the filter versus the whole kit.

The bracket the comes in the kit does not look like the one that is on my 92 and the holes are not large enough nor line up with the tiedown bracket bolts. *shrug*

ShiuludeSVX 01-26-2008 06:13 PM

Posting

1 Attachment(s)
Attaching one here.

Sorry, I thought I was posting in the new lockers, but the pic's turned out to be too big {file size}.