The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   94 fwd svx vs. 93 nissan sentra ser (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=18782)

poweredx2 05-19-2004 07:31 PM

94 fwd svx vs. 93 nissan sentra ser

I must admit that having a lighter car with high horsepower is always a good setup.I raced this sentra this weekend headsup the first race he won by a car but I knew he was much faster,the next race he let me move first with my 100shot zex I took about three cars but he still bet me by a half a car,I shook his hand and gave up the cash,his car was leaking tranny fluid after the race found out he had cracked the case.He had his hood up wow he has a SR20 MOTOR WITH NOS A 75shot he said he had about340 whp.Well I don't feel too bad now,hey you can't win them all.

SVXer95 05-19-2004 07:34 PM

I'd take second and reliability any day over first and a busted trans.

Chiketkd 05-19-2004 07:41 PM

Re: 94 fwd svx vs. 93 nissan sentra ser

Warren,

Where did you race this Sentra SE-R? Was is at a test-n-tune event or grudge night at a dragstrip? If so what kinda of 1/4 mile times did you guys clock? :confused:

-Chike
Quote:

Originally posted by poweredx2
I must admit that having a lighter car with high horsepower is always a good setup.I raced this sentra this weekend headsup the first race he won by a car but I knew he was much faster,the next race he let me move first with my 100shot zex I took about three cars but he still bet me by a half a car,I shook his hand and gave up the cash,his car was leaking tranny fluid after the race found out he had cracked the case.He had his hood up wow he has a SR20 MOTOR WITH NOS A 75shot he said he had about340 whp.Well I don't feel too bad now,hey you can't win them all.

Green1995SVX 05-19-2004 07:43 PM

Re: Re: 94 fwd svx vs. 93 nissan sentra ser

Quote:

Originally posted by Chiketkd
Warren,

Where did you race this Sentra SE-R? Was is at a test-n-tune event or grudge night at a dragstrip? If so what kinda of 1/4 mile times did you guys clock? :confused:

-Chike

shoden 05-20-2004 06:57 AM

Re: 94 fwd svx vs. 93 nissan sentra ser

Quote:

Originally posted by poweredx2
He had his hood up wow he has a SR20 MOTOR WITH NOS A 75shot he said he had about340 whp.
Are you sure it wasn't a SR20DET? The SE-R comes stock with a SR20DE which puts out about 140hp, so even with the 75 shot, it'd still only have 220hp or so (depending on other mods).

However, the SR20DET is a JDM turbo version of the same motor that puts out about 215hp stock and can easily be boosted to over 250hp. With a 75 shot, that'd put it up close to his claimed power.

BTW, if the rust on my 92 SE-R is fixable, I plan on swapping in a SR20DET as well.

Quote:

Originally posted by SVXer95
I'd take second and reliability any day over first and a busted trans.
Hehe, I just found this kind of funny coming from an SVX driver :p

Phast SVX 05-20-2004 10:48 AM

Re: Re: 94 fwd svx vs. 93 nissan sentra ser

Quote:

Originally posted by shoden

Hehe, I just found this kind of funny coming from an SVX driver :p

the sr20de USDM motor is very riliable(and beefy) on nitrous. He could have been pushing a 150 shot with some minor mods no problem.
phil
Edit: not that i reccamend doing this!

SVXer95 05-20-2004 10:54 AM

Re: Re: Re: 94 fwd svx vs. 93 nissan sentra ser

Quote:

Originally posted by Phast SVX

the sr20de USDM motor is very riliable(and beefy) on nitrous. He could have been pushing a 150 shot with some minor mods no problem.
phil
Edit: not that i reccamend doing this!

He didn't break his motor...he broke his trans.

BTW: My auto has been very reliable in over three years that I have owned it. KNOCK WOOD.

shoden 05-20-2004 11:25 AM

My transmission has been very reliable as well. Of course, it was replaced in 1999, 2 years before I bought the car. The only problem I have now is a broken rear transmission mount.

As for the SR20DE, over all it is fairly reliable, but they do a have problem with spun bearings, which is why mine is on its second engine (also replace by the previous owner).

LarryIII 05-20-2004 02:57 PM

Okay here's the skinny on the transmissions in our SVXes

'97 SVX - bought new, we now have 58+k on the car with no tranny problems

'94 SVX - bouught used at 80K miles, we now have 88+K miles with no tranny problems.

'92 SVX - bought used at 86+K miles, I now have 131+K miles on it with no tranny problems.

All trannys have synth ATF.

I hope I just didn't jinx myself.

poweredx2 05-20-2004 11:15 PM

hidden power

Well I will be racing the guy again, this was a street race,hey phil I posted a question about which plugs to run because I think with the hot plugs I run now the car may be pulling timing in third gear,which would you recommend 1or2 steps colder,all I need to win is a little more topend he can't leave with me period,but he did have the imported turbo motor.

Amazonparrot 05-21-2004 12:50 PM

hmm

The guy must have had a DET, since the sr20de is fairly pathetic stock , it has potential for sure, but my friend has a 200sx SE-R, with Ultra SS pulleys and a CAI, and my car *edited* lol. BTW, get longassname's stage 2 kit and show him who's boss;)

GreenMarine 05-25-2004 08:30 AM

Good luck putting longassname's Stage 2 through the front wheels :rolleyes: I'll keep my AWD 5MT and less power :):D:cool: