The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   SVX Parts For Sale (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Rebuilt Power Steering Pump (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=50918)

SomethingElse 07-10-2009 02:47 PM

Rebuilt Power Steering Pump

Rebuilt means.. I clean, disassemble, Inspect components for wear, refurbish/replace worn internal parts as needed, replace every single o-ring, the bearing, spring, and front seal, using all genuine subaru parts.

Im asking $110 shipped to the lower 48 states plus a $40 core charge. If you have a rebuild-able core I will refund $40 back to you once I get your old one, dismantle and inspect it. If you want to send paypal please click on the tab labeled personal and send the payment as a gift, paypal does not charge fees for a gift. My paypal address is kulaid2@hotmail.com The total sent should be $150.

CORES MUST BE SENT BACK WITHIN 30 DAYS!

It is vital that the cores be good. If the case has too much wear, the shaft has deep grooves worn in it, the pressure relive valve is frozen or worn (valve not available separate from Subaru) I can not issue a full core credit. I have to set the standards high on the cores to maintain quality.

The power steering system must also be COMPLETELY flushed! These pumps do not like metal (or sand) getting inside them, It causes fail.

BoxerFanatic 07-10-2009 03:53 PM

Re: Rebuilt Power Steering Pump

Good to know...

-filed for future reference. Thanks for offering a good service.

Sean486 07-10-2009 05:40 PM

Sounds good. Nice to know this is out there if I ever need it.:)

SomethingElse 07-10-2009 07:24 PM

Here are a couple of the internal o-rings..and the bearing...the big one had a crack on the bottom of it before I even touched it. When they break, pressurized fluid leaks internally and externally. I broke the small one to show how brittle they get.

Some people will swear the reservior o-ring will stop it from leaking. Keep in mind all of these O-rings go through the same dramatic temperature changes.

http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos..._8328730_n.jpg

Crazypolo95 07-11-2009 10:58 AM

About two weeks ago I order an the rebuilt power strewing pump form somethingelse and I wanted to said wow!! My old pump was about to gave out on me but with this new pump the car tunes and feels allot smoother then before.I'll gave you ups for how much different the new pump made an big inpack on the car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SomethingElse (Post 608975)
Rebuilt means.. I clean, dissasemble, replace every single o-ring, the bearing, spring, and front seal, using all genuine subaru parts.

Im asking $155 shipped to the lower 48 states. If you have a rebuildable core I will refund $40 back to you once I get your old one, dismantle and inspect it.

Ive already sold 2 reman units and have been running 3 on my own/wifes car for nearly a year with no problems. shoot me a p.m. if interested. I currently have 2 units ready to go.

ensteele 07-11-2009 11:49 AM

I don't know if you are interested in doing a How-To with pictures, but that would be good. :) Remember that some members would rather just buy from you than do it themselves, but others would like to do it themselves so they learn more about our cars. :)

michael 07-11-2009 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ensteele (Post 609108)
I don't know if you are interested in doing a How-To with pictures, but that would be good. :) Remember that some members would rather just buy from you than do it themselves, but others would like to do it themselves so they learn more about our cars. :)

+1:banana:

SilverSpear 07-11-2009 01:20 PM

Quote:

Yes that would be great, you can also learn a lot from the diagram if you can get it (subaruparts?)

michael 07-12-2009 06:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by SomethingElse (Post 608975)
Ive already sold 2 reman units and have been running 3 on my own/wifes car for nearly a year with no problems. shoot me a p.m. if interested. I currently have 2 units ready to go.

Does it look like this?

SilverSpear 07-12-2009 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michael (Post 609228)
Does it look like this?

I guess this is his setup without the cracked cover.

SomethingElse 07-12-2009 01:54 PM

Quote:

Not really interested in the tedious task, but Ill do just about anything to keep as many SVX es es in good running order ;)

Currently, I do not have any cores. Ill do a write up with pics when im rebuilding "crazypolo95"s.

Quote:

Originally Posted by michael (Post 609228)
Does it look like this?

Thats ubur funny:p

ensteele 07-12-2009 04:36 PM

If you get the pictures and a write up, I can get it finalized. :)

SomethingElse 07-28-2009 05:01 AM

Sorry Guys Im still working on this how-to but the past few weeks either I was the only tech on duty and/or we have been overbooked...I guess its good to be busy :)

Mike621 07-28-2009 05:06 AM

Eric,

I may need one of these done in the near future. I have a couple cores. Additionally, I have a seized pump which I was just going to throw away. Would it help you to have it?

SomethingElse 07-28-2009 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike621 (Post 611421)
Eric,

I may need one of these done in the near future. I have a couple cores. Additionally, I have a seized pump which I was just going to throw away. Would it help you to have it?

Yes it would help to have the seized one.:D If a member sends me a bad core, and I can use parts from a donated core, I can still issue a core credit to that member.