The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   I feel great! Sort of... Well... my car feels great (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=29582)

Seraph 11-12-2005 08:19 PM

I feel great! Sort of... Well... my car feels great

The silver I got from the member here has been fixed (somewhat). I got the rear diff fixed, and PS leaking stuff taken care of on Friday at the tranny shop. I took the car out for a spin and it seems like there is no power in the car what so ever and the car is as loud as it can be.

I took it to our muffler shop. Put the car on the lift and guess what I saw... From the headers, there were 2 pipes to the cats (original setup). Once it left the cats this is why it was so darn loud. Once it went from the cats, it went into a X pipe and 2 straight pipes came out of it to the tips at the end. No muffler, no resonater nothing. I was going to get the same setup as a lot of you guys have (magnaflow) but I can not get anyone in town with the muffler/resonaters in stock. I told the guys at the shop that from the back of the cats, they have free reign and they can do what they want.

They kept the X, and rerun 2 pipes and went into dual in, dual out muffler. That's when I left. They told me they might have to put 2 more resonators on each side and 2 more after that to quiet it down. :D :D

I got back tonight. I have not seen the underside of the car yet. I was told the car has 60k mile new engine. All I can say is this. I have only sat in a car like this once. If I recall, it was a 40k 96 SVX that Stan Burg owns. This is the 2nd quietest SVX ever (apart from the ABS shaking -- needs to be fixed)

I am happy. Monday, it'll go in for the ABS and on once that is fixed... dacah and bodyshop for new paint. :D

ensteele 11-12-2005 10:37 PM

Good luck on the project. It sounds like you have a good one for fixing up. Hope all works out for you.

PM me about the stereo cage doors. :)

Weebitob 11-12-2005 11:40 PM

I guess that means that mine is not the lowest mileage SVX anymore at 47k. :rolleyes:

But then again I never really though it can be the lowest milage one on the forum for that long. :D

Seraph 11-13-2005 12:23 AM

I could be wrong about the milage on Stan's car. All I know was that every single SVX I've been inside have some form of noise. 4 svxes out of 5 that I've sold had the resonator removed. The most quiet car I have is my Passat and I think now my silver is going to be going neck to neck on the quiet scale. I can not even hear the engine noise unless I roll down the windows.

Damn that ABS light. I think something is wrong with that though. The light shows up once in a while and something seems to be clunking. I thought it was my front diff but it's not that. I have full power in all my gears both forward and back.

Earthworm 11-14-2005 11:06 AM

Next time the ABS light comes on, get the code. Perhaps a sensor or tone wheel is broken.

Electrophil 11-14-2005 06:04 PM

Another Liquid silver in the hands of an enthusiast. I love the thought. :)

Crusader 11-14-2005 07:58 PM

Quote:

I guess that means that mine is not the lowest mileage SVX anymore at 47k.
Hayes Subaru in Duluth, MN had one on the lot with 37333 on the odometer. asked the guy about it and he said he didn't really want to sell it.

I guess that's why they lost their Subaru liscence.

Seraph 11-14-2005 08:33 PM

They probably got their ticket pulled because they are not selling enough new Subarus.

As for my car, I found out what's wrong with it. I need a rear pass side wheel speed sensor. I wonder how much they run...

92AWDSVX 11-30-2005 08:26 PM

u get the rotor and the break line fixed :-) thats what was leaking... i dont recall anything leaking from the tranny... BUT I AM SUPER PISSED i sold it to u man! I hope u have fun with the car and good luck!

:mad: :mad:

Seraph 11-30-2005 08:38 PM

I'll sell it back to you. For a small fixing fee ;)

92AWDSVX 11-30-2005 08:42 PM

whats the price? haha u like it though man... runs awesome huh? haha what u do to it s far, u fix the window yet? and the rotors, and brake lines and diff, explain man and i may buy it back from ya... explain what was done to it and stuff..

Seraph 12-01-2005 12:05 AM

not much.... How about 2499 for the car so far. That's my towing, cost of car, fixing etc.

92AWDSVX 12-01-2005 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seraph
not much.... How about 2499 for the car so far. That's my towing, cost of car, fixing etc.

well what have u done to it so far? Fix the front and back diffy? What have u done to it...

mohrds 12-01-2005 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seraph
As for my car, I found out what's wrong with it. I need a rear pass side wheel speed sensor. I wonder how much they run...

I know where there is one you can have unless it was stripped off the car before you gave it to me. :D

Doug

Seraph 12-01-2005 01:37 PM

oh yeah. I'll have to call you and meet up with you to get it from you. :D :D :D

I keep forgetting that I have a parts car in my area :D