The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   This guy can drive (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=20845)

NapaBavarian 08-22-2004 05:03 PM

This guy can drive

Linkey

immortal_suby 08-22-2004 05:14 PM

That was some awesome driving.

NapaBavarian 08-22-2004 05:18 PM

if he was smart he would have stolen a Camaro so he could out run the cops...

Royal Tiger 08-22-2004 05:37 PM

That just points out that the Highway Patrol in CA should just pull up next to these idiots and give them a 12 guage ultimatum. Stop or else. Gets tiring watching these morons drive like a$$es and refuse to stop, and when they kill someone, the cops get sued. Only in America.

Guard-TL- 08-22-2004 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by NapaBavarian
if he was smart he would have stolen a Camaro so he could out run the cops...
If he was smart he would have gotten a V8 :p.

GreenMarine 08-22-2004 09:53 PM

That is great!!! Too bad he didn't check his mirrors when the cops were coming up behind him... I know if he was a better driver he could have seen what was coming and have taken action to avoid thier attempt to spin him out :rolleyes:

sharky512345 08-22-2004 11:27 PM

srt-4 is fastar!!11!

CigarJohnny 08-23-2004 05:40 AM

Wow! When they had him stopped in the grass I was waiting for him to pull off one more miracle. :p

Mr. Pockets 08-23-2004 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by GreenMarineSVX
That is great!!! Too bad he didn't check his mirrors when the cops were coming up behind him... I know if he was a better driver he could have seen what was coming and have taken action to avoid thier attempt to spin him out :rolleyes:
Yeah, because good drivers can always see what's coming and avoid a collision, right? ;)

b3lha 08-23-2004 09:13 AM

I'm always amazed to see the US police ramming cars off the road at high speed. I've never seen any other police force engaging in such a dangerous activity.

Royal Tiger 08-23-2004 09:20 AM

You're right, spinning the car out before they kill an innocent motorist is much more dangerous then the Italian Police who have used automatic weapons against cars that fail to stop for road side checks. The Police in Italy have a short staff with a metal disk on top. One side is green, one red. The American Serviceman call it a "lollypop". When they show the red, you WILL stop. Cars that fail to do so are rammed or fired upon. My old partner was stationed in Northern Italy before he retired from the USAF and saw it happen in person. I have no problems using deadly force against those who use it without regard against the innocent public. A 4000lb car is just as deadly as a gun or a knife. Only lawyers, as usual, make out in the end when one of these unfortunate events occur.

Guard-TL- 08-23-2004 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by b3lha
I'm always amazed to see the US police ramming cars off the road at high speed. I've never seen any other police force engaging in such a dangerous activity.
You never been to Russia I see :p

Landshark 08-23-2004 09:37 AM

Quote:

UK police: "Stop! or i'll say stop again!" :D

Mr. Pockets 08-23-2004 11:01 AM

Quote:

As others have so eloquently said already, it's a question of which is more dangerous - letting the guy keep driving around or sending him out of control so he stops.

It varies from state to state, city to city and from one situation to another. I think the police would prefer to not resort to a measure like that since (besides the factor of danger) damage to public and private property tends to result.

Also consider that, if a news helicopter is on the scene, that chase has been going on for a little while so the situation has become more desperate.

Andy 08-23-2004 02:11 PM

There was a similar clip on TV a coulpe of months ago. This time it was a Merc the US Police were trying to spin out. No matter how hard or frequently they hit the Merc, it refused to spin.