The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Funky new SVX remotes (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2208)

EveryShadeofBlue 12-13-2001 08:59 AM

Funky new SVX remotes

1 Attachment(s)
I finally have a picture of my *new* SVX remote that I got about 3 months ago. If you order one this may be what you get. On the package it said "Manufactured 5/01" so I guess our old orange and black ones won't be made anymore.

Both buttons do the same thing, I don't understand why it's like this. Works great, but the styling looks like something from the early 80's and made me think of the movie "TRON". Check it out! Sorry the remote is upside down in the picture.

jeff

Aredubjay 12-13-2001 09:03 AM

Re: Funky new SVX remotes

Quote:

Originally posted by EveryShadeofBlue
I finally have a picture of my *new* SVX remote that I got about 3 months ago. If you order one this may be what you get. On the package it said "Manufactured 5/01" so I guess our old orange and black ones won't be made anymore.

Both buttons do the same thing, I don't understand why it's like this. Works great, but the styling looks like something from the early 80's and made me think of the movie "TRON". Check it out!

jeff

EEEEWWWWWW!!!! YUUUUUUKKKKKKK!!!! I'll make sure I save both my "old" remotes. If they go out, and I have to order one of THOSE, I'll just put the guts into the "old" box. Now, excuse me while I hurl.

mohrds 12-13-2001 09:09 AM

I second Randy's opinion. They might as well make them YELLOW!

Doug

Aredubjay 12-13-2001 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by mohrds
I second Randy's opinion. They might as well make them YELLOW!

Doug

AAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!

WestCoastSVX 12-13-2001 11:51 AM

I always wondered if Subaru had later updated the ugly orange and outdated style design of my 92's remote....

I take it all back!!!! :rolleyes:

clearwaterms 12-13-2001 12:07 PM

what does the other button do? I only have the one orange button

Ron Mummert 12-13-2001 12:09 PM

Looks like a miniature "Pong" game.
Ron.

Aredubjay 12-13-2001 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by clearwaterms
what does the other button do? I only have the one orange button
Um, if I may quote from the original post:

"Both buttons do the same thing"

You guys need to start reading better or I'll have to call "Sister Mary Elephant." class. class. CLASS!

clearwaterms 12-13-2001 01:55 PM

What?

Im sorry I wasn't listening

Aredubjay 12-13-2001 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by clearwaterms
What?

Im sorry I wasn't listening

:D

Mr. Pockets 12-13-2001 03:12 PM

Both buttons do the exact same thing, but you can only program one to be used at a time. I wonder if the other button can be programmed to a different car...like could you use one remote for two SVXs? I don't see why not.

Anyway, that looks like the exact same remote we already have. We all have two buttons in there - we just don't have a face that's printed to point it out. I actually programmed my car to recognize the 'hidden' one because the other button is worn and only works intermittently.

Aredubjay 12-13-2001 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Pockets
Both buttons do the exact same thing, but you can only program one to be used at a time. I wonder if the other button can be programmed to a different car...like could you use one remote for two SVXs? I don't see why not.

Anyway, that looks like the exact same remote we already have. We all have two buttons in there - we just don't have a face that's printed to point it out. I actually programmed my car to recognize the 'hidden' one because the other button is worn and only works intermittently.

Not all of the SVX remotes have two buttons. I have two remotes, neither of which have two buttons.

EveryShadeofBlue 12-13-2001 08:59 PM

Pockets,

Also, when I push either button on my remote they both do the same thing, doesn't matter if I hit the "1" or "2" they both work. Do you have the same new style remote like I do????

J

joeaux 12-17-2001 10:34 PM

Can you say "generic". I concur with the switch out the guts idea.
-joe-

Mr. Pockets 12-18-2001 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by EveryShadeofBlue
Pockets,

Also, when I push either button on my remote they both do the same thing, doesn't matter if I hit the "1" or "2" they both work. Do you have the same new style remote like I do????

J

Hell if I know. Both of my remotes are flakey. The one I use now has been working for quite some time on the second button, but now that one seems to be wearing out because I sometimes have to press it two or three times to get the car to recognize it. But then, I also broke the antenna lead.

But what I do know is that when I had the remote out of its case, and I programmed the car to recognize the second button, the first did not lock/unlock the car. But then, I also did not program it to. I only programmed the second button.

As I said, my remotes are flakey. My experiences should not be considered typical.