The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Q & A (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   got my car runnin now i need sum help (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24748)

dino179 02-27-2005 09:39 PM

got my car runnin now i need sum help

hey every one, its been two months since i first bought my svx and the first time i drove it was yesterday. i bought it with a busted tranny...got it rebuilt ... got a new raidiator cuz the oine i had was cracked really bad... i have a few of problems right now.. the first one is:

my fans(the ones near the raidiator) dont work. they only work when i plug it in directly to the battery. i think its a relay switch or a fuse....i was wondering wat you guys think it is... but i thinki got a solution.. imma make a switch that will allow me to turn the fan on and off from in side the car.

the next one is :

my driver side seat belt dont work.. its stuck in the foward position.. i ran a search but couldnt find anything... wat should i do?

also :

my sterring wheel shakes alot when i go over 45 and when i brake... wat could that be... im planning on getting neww brake pads that might stop the shaking when brackin but wat about the shaking over 45 ...

crap i for got to turn off my fan... i gotta go... thanks for your help in advance ...
dino

n00b on demand 02-27-2005 09:49 PM

The steering wheel shaking could be warped rotors or bad ball joints. As for the rad it sounds like a fuse. Glad ya got it running :)

dino179 02-27-2005 10:48 PM

thanks... its been i dream come true to get my svx up and runnin

n00b on demand 02-27-2005 10:54 PM

Now we have to have a meet soon :)

SVXRide 02-28-2005 04:32 AM

shaking steering wheel -- since it's shaking before you put on the brakes, have the tires checked to make sure they haven't slipped a belt or are out of balance.

Fan - check the fuse box under the hood - on the driver's side of the engine bay

Driver's seat belt - do a search of this site - you're not the first one to have this problem;)

Congrats on having your SVX up'n'running!!

-Bill

wawazat?? 02-28-2005 10:42 AM

Steering wheel shake could be wheel balance or ball joint related.

Fan problem should be fixed correctly instead of using a switch. If you forget to turn on the fan, you could overheat the engine and lose a headgasket. If you forget to turn off the fan after you shut off the car (when the motor is still hot) you could easily kill the battery. Check the fuses and relays and do the job right. :)

Todd

dino179 03-01-2005 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by wawazat??
Steering wheel shake could be wheel balance or ball joint related.

Fan problem should be fixed correctly instead of using a switch. If you forget to turn on the fan, you could overheat the engine and lose a headgasket. If you forget to turn off the fan after you shut off the car (when the motor is still hot) you could easily kill the battery. Check the fuses and relays and do the job right. :)

Todd

true truei think i will try and fix things they way the are meant to be fixed ... thanks