The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Wow! artist prodigy (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=49599)

demonsvx 03-21-2009 11:13 PM

Wow! artist prodigy

Oddly enough Jesus was a carpenter too...go figure
http://www.akiane.com/akiane_painting.htm
It was God's timing; I had been looking for a Jesus model for two years, and I could not find the right face. Then one day I asked my family to pray with me all day. We petitioned God to send the model right through our front door. The next day a tall carpenter came in. He was so humble, and I was surprised that he agreed to model for me. But a week later he called back to say that he was unworthy to represent his master. We all prayed together again, and a few days later he called back to tell us that God wanted him to do it, but he had to cut his hair and beard in three days. So we took a few pictures and I studied his face for a long time. After dozens of sketches, I started painting. It took me 40 hours to finish the first Jesus painting –The Prince of Peace-- and I still remember I lost four teeth in that time!

Hondasucks 03-21-2009 11:30 PM

Re: Wow! artist prodigy

Wow, that's really awesome!

SilverSpear 03-22-2009 03:30 AM

Amazing girl...

Landshark 03-22-2009 07:34 AM

Jeebus with blue eyes? :lol:

TomsSVX 03-22-2009 07:46 AM

Jeebus woulda been red with that skin tone in Jerusalem. Not to mention, def. woulda had brown eyes. If this girl is a prodigy you would think she would have gotten it right.:lol::lol: I keeeeed I keeeeed. Good work!

Tom

Landshark 03-22-2009 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomsSVX (Post 593271)
Jeebus woulda been red with that skin tone in Jerusalem. Not to mention, def. woulda had brown eyes. If this girl is a prodigy you would think she would have gotten it right.:lol::lol: I keeeeed I keeeeed. Good work!

Tom

no way! Jeebus was a blond haired, blue eyed cracka.

Earthworm 03-22-2009 10:12 AM

Jeebus kinda looks a little like Rod Stewart.

techy101 03-22-2009 12:35 PM

While I may not agree with the caption so much, that is insane talent and she should be extremely proud. I only wish I could do something half that good. (For the record, I can't even make good stick figures)

SilverSpear 03-22-2009 12:49 PM

Sorry guys, I would kid about anything except Jesus. His name is Jesus and not Jeebus...

And you have the wrong impression about people in the Middle East, I mean how they look like.

Personally I have green eyes, my cousin has blue eyes... We have a white skin.

Again please respect at least the name of Jesus.

Landshark 03-22-2009 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverSpear (Post 593318)
Sorry guys, I would kid about anything except Jesus. His name is Jesus and not Jeebus...

And you have the wrong impression about people in the Middle East, I mean how they look like.

Personally I have green eyes, my cousin has blue eyes... We have a white skin.

Again please respect at least the name of Jesus.

was that an actual painting of Jesus Christ, or some contractor dude with a beard that showed up to model for it? i'll call him Jeebus. .....or Larry, whatever his name is.

shelfy 03-23-2009 09:39 AM

i'm wondering if her parents had an old kenny loggins album lying around.

LetItSnow 03-23-2009 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverSpear (Post 593318)

Any pictures of your ancestors native to the Middle East some 2,000 years ago? That's a little more pertinent! ;)

Landshark 03-23-2009 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LetItSnow (Post 593468)
Any pictures of your ancestors native to the Middle East some 2,000 years ago? That's a little more pertinent! ;)

here's one:

http://lh5.ggpht.com/paxton.holley/R...sbt_inboat.jpg

SilverSpear 03-24-2009 04:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LetItSnow (Post 593468)

No But I would like to see yours 2000 years ago...

Again if you check the pictures of Jesus in each country, it really differs. In Africa, Jesus is Black, in the rest of the world it is White.

P.S: Why you picture the people of the Middle East as having a dark skin all the time? The population's skin ranges from mild dark to off-white lol...

Seriously now, we tend more to be white skinned more than black...

LetItSnow 03-24-2009 06:56 AM

[QUOTE=SilverSpear;593585]No But I would like to see yours 2000 years ago...
Well, the Middle East is <the most over-run part of the world>... The burden of proof is on you, really; science and history back my points.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverSpear (Post 593585)
Seriously, now we tend more to be white skinned more than black...

The first steps out of Africa in man's world expansion weren't exactly through Antarctica. Consider how many times Jerusalem and Friends have been taken while populated, and what sort of thing happens in those events, and you might realize that your eyes are from another land, from another time.

FWIW, everybody wants Jesus to look like they do. Unless there was more than one, he was either a rapid-fire chameleon or of only one skintone. ;)