The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Q & A (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   injector o-rings? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=56893)

Subaru Alliance 03-29-2011 10:07 AM

injector o-rings?

i have been driving the 94 svx around for a while, and it does have the ole leaky injector issue. I have 6 injectors from an SR20 engine, and connectors from the twin turbo 300zx and i would like to install these injectors and connectors. my question is this: I want to replace the o-rings on the injectors before i install them, should i try to find an o-ring kit for the svx, or use one for my specific injectors, or is it more of a universal type o-ring kit?

I have never bought an o0-ring kit for injectors before, If I order one for my injectors, it would come in sets of 4, that's why i was thinking of ordering for the svx to get it into a set of 6, and if the injectors are a direct replacement, shouldn't the o-rings between the two be the same?

I am not sure so fire away.
I appreciate the help.

Gamesy 03-29-2011 11:20 AM

Re: injector o-rings?

the injectors for the sti/svx/sr20s and so on all use the same o-rings

I installed the SR20 injectors last summer i just went to nissan and got them for i think it was $18 for all 12 rings.
pretty much you can buy them individually, remember there are 2 orings per injector.

I'm not sure what will happen if you put the sr20 injectors in with a stock ecu.
I have the ECU-TUNE stage 2 chip which works with the Z32 maf and SR20 injectors

Manarius 03-29-2011 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamesy (Post 672333)
the injectors for the sti/svx/sr20s and so on all use the same o-rings

I installed the SR20 injectors last summer i just went to nissan and got them for i think it was $18 for all 12 rings.
pretty much you can buy them individually, remember there are 2 orings per injector.

I'm not sure what will happen if you put the sr20 injectors in with a stock ecu.
I have the ECU-TUNE stage 2 chip which works with the Z32 maf and SR20 injectors

Yeah, the rings from Nissan cost less than half of what they are from Subaru.

Subaru Alliance 03-29-2011 07:06 PM

I appreciate the help. I will post whether or not there are any issues with running the sr20 injectors on the stock ecu

Cam 03-29-2011 07:34 PM

From my understanding of the software in our cars, which I will admit is very elementary, I expect you are going to run WAY too rich. Honestly, I would be surprised if the car ran... or even if it started. The ECU tells the injectors to open for a certain amount of time. The injectors are designed to flow a certain amount of fuel for a fixed amount of time. Your 370cc SR20 injectors are going to flow roughly 40 percent more fuel. If your ECU sees this and leans the fuel map out, it may run, but it will be much too rich.

IIRC the SVX injectors are 260cc...maybe 240?

So in the time it takes our injectors to flow 260cc (or 240cc), those SR20 injectors are going to flow 370cc.

svxfiles 03-29-2011 09:15 PM

Once again Cam is correct!:cool:

Cam 03-29-2011 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxfiles (Post 672355)
Once again Cam is correct!:cool:

do I detect a hint of sarcasm there tom? :lol:

svxfiles 03-29-2011 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cam (Post 672356)

NO! ABSOLUTELY NOT!
Sending PM.

Gamesy 03-30-2011 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cam (Post 672356)

no he's come to the conclusion that ur starting to replace him for info guru status :P

Subaru Alliance 03-30-2011 09:01 AM

wouldn't the flow from the injector be regulated by the maf, throttle position, load on the engine, and the o2 sensor?

i understand it is a bigger flow injector, but that wouldn't mean that it flows at max capacity all the time.

I am slowly gathering all my parts around for an ecutune stage 2 turbo build, i have the injectors and connectors, as well as the turbo. just waiting for pistons, and some small miscellaneous parts.

wanted to see if could kill two birds with one stone on this leaky injector.

well i do see what your saying tho, if i give it enough throttle for the ecu to figure load and all this and it tells the injector to increase the flow and duration by say 20%, it's configured for 20% of the stock injector.

Subaru Alliance 03-30-2011 09:03 AM

next time I will try this new thing called thinking before I post. I pretty much answered myself. thanks

Gamesy 03-30-2011 02:11 PM

you dont need a turbo to install the stage 2 ECUTUNE setup
i have it installed on my car
so if you're gonna pop off the injectors might as well install the new ecu/MAF and injectors at the same time