The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   I'm having too much... (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=56371)

Flipper 01-17-2011 03:06 PM

I'm having too much...

Perhaps this has been posted before (didn't found it) if so - for that I apologize.

http://www.svxworldforums.com/forum8/2522-1.html
Can some one here explain to me how can someone spend so much time on making a classic looks like any other car and be even proud of it's creation? :mad: I thought I've seen some ugly SVX mods before but this is (no offense) the worst of them. :(

wohnson89 01-17-2011 04:39 PM

Re: I'm having too much...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flipper (Post 666963)
Perhaps this has been posted before (didn't found it) if so - for that I apologize.

http://www.svxworldforums.com/forum8/2522-1.html
Can some one here explain to me how can someone spend so much time on making a classic looks like any other car and be even proud of it's creation? :mad: I thought I've seen some ugly SVX mods before but this is (no offense) the worst of them. :(

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...=52672&page=24

I have seen this topic many times. Farang (the creator of this masterpiece) is super talented in how he went about making that car. From the photoshop design to the fabrication, that took some serious skill, that you don't appreciate. If I had that car I would coddle it and put it in bubble wrap because I was so proud of it. I honestly think it is super rude to insult his creation like this. Just saying saying "no offanse" doesn't make your coment any less derogatory.

STeeL25T 01-17-2011 04:47 PM

His car looks phenomenal.

Crazy_pilot 01-17-2011 05:05 PM

Yes, he has an extensive thread on this forum as well documenting the different looks in photoshop and the final creation. I will admit that the Outback nose isn't my favorite, but it's his car and the only opinion that really matters is his own. The workmanship and fabrication for the conversion are excellent, so no matter what the final outcome I'm very impressed with his work.

kwren 01-17-2011 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STeeL25T (Post 666980)
His car looks phenomenal.

Just seems like a lot of work and a lot of expense to try to
make a SVX look like something it isn't.:(

Keith:cool:

svxAL 01-17-2011 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwren (Post 666994)

I agree and I do body and paint work for a living and theres no way I would want to do that to an svx. Plus the svx is a beautiful car as it is. Why change it? if you like a legacy then buy one.. but I think he did a great job although I would like to see it in person looks can be deceiving in pictures.

wohnson89 01-17-2011 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwren (Post 666994)

It seems to me like the whole point of owning an svx is to have something completely different than everything out there, and I believe that Farang has embraced the very essence of this philosophy. Good luck on finding a kit to make that car at bodykits.org

svxAL 01-17-2011 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wohnson89 (Post 666996)
It seems to me like the whole point of owning an svx is to have something completely different than everything out there, and I believe that Farang has embraced the very essence of this philosophy. Good luck on finding a kit to make that car at bodykits.org

Yes, but that dosent make sense completely because he used super popular headlights from a leg gt...thats not rare..or unique. you say good luck finding that kit on bodykits.com lol I would rather not ruin the structural integrity and beautiful lines of a RARE car already,and Im sorry but im pretty sure most members on this fourm agree with me.

RojoRocket 01-17-2011 08:22 PM

+1 Why screw with something that was right to begin with?

Glenn

LetItSnow 01-17-2011 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxAL (Post 666998)
...im pretty sure most members on this fourm agree with me.

Take a quick look at the comments <here> before speaking for most of the forum? ;)

svxAL 01-17-2011 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LetItSnow (Post 667002)
Take a quick look at the comments <here> before speaking for most of the forum? ;)

ok buddy lol Ill speak for myself alone then and I wouldnt want a bodykit or any of that junk on my cars.. I dont even want to know how much filler and fiberglass is in those bumpers or how much they weigh. But im glad you like that stuff :) ps k staff and those bumpers arent custom made and are made in a mold but your right....

Manarius 01-17-2011 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxAL (Post 666998)
Yes, but that dosent make sense completely because he used super popular headlights from a leg gt...thats not rare..or unique. you say good luck finding that kit on bodykits.com lol I would rather not ruin the structural integrity and beautiful lines of a RARE car already,and Im sorry but im pretty sure most members on this fourm agree with me.

Those headlights are only popular in places outside of the US. I happen to like them. I'm not real crazy about the rear bumper or how big the front bumper is, but the mashup is tastefully done. The work is top-notch and the design shows true craftsmanship.

It's not the ugly that I've seen some other SVX's be subjected to. At least he used other Subaru OEM parts instead of molding in other headlamps.

NeedForSpeed 01-17-2011 09:13 PM

I'm a purist, love OEM stuff, OEM paint, etc.

For example, look at my ebony JDM thread. The wheels are OEM, but not SVX OEM. Some won't like 'em, but some at the meet couldn't believe the wheels weren't SVX.

IN my opinion, Farang's car is totally awesome :cool:

By the pictures, and his thread, he is a true car-crafter. We have plenty of threads showing modifications that make SVX look cheap, not this one.

The car looks OEM, because many of the themes and parts are OEM, not SVX, but Subaru. He explores a future design theme that could have been done for or by Subaru. His talent is amazing, his eye for the correct lines, etc..

I would drive it, without hesitation, even park it next to my JDM SVXes. :)
Think what you will, so will I. My eye loves the pictures of that car :D

True, in person, the car might not be as nice, but then, every car has a bad angle, and some good angles.

svxAL 01-17-2011 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeedForSpeed (Post 667012)
I'm a purist, love OEM stuff, OEM paint, etc.

For example, look at my ebony JDM thread. The wheels are OEM, but not SVX OEM. Some won't like 'em, but some at the meet couldn't believe the wheels weren't SVX.

IN my opinion, Farang's car is totally awesome :cool:

By the pictures, and his thread, he is a true car-crafter. We have plenty of threads showing modifications that make SVX look cheap, not this one.

The car looks OEM, because many of the themes and parts are OEM, not SVX, but Subaru. He explores a future design theme that could have been done for or by Subaru. His talent is amazing, his eye for the correct lines, etc..

I would drive it, without hesitation, even park it next to my JDM SVXes. :)
Think what you will, so will I. My eye loves the pictures of that car :D

True, in person, the car might not be as nice, but then, every car has a bad angle, and some good angles.

I want to wiegh the bumpers lol

Crazy_pilot 01-17-2011 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxAL (Post 667004)
ok buddy lol Ill speak for myself alone then and I wouldnt want a bodykit or any of that junk on my cars.. I dont even want to know how much filler and fiberglass is in those bumpers or how much they weigh. But im glad you like that stuff :) ps k staff and those bumpers arent custom made and are made in a mold but your right....

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxAL (Post 667013)
I want to wiegh the bumpers lol

Why are you so hung up on the weight of the bumpers? Ten pounds, twenty... Realistically that makes absolutely zero difference in the grand scheme of things. Everybody is well aware that any off the shelf body kit was made in a mold, which is why you won't find anything like this anywhere else. Custom = unique, on of a kind, and not on any shelves. Rob's post was meant to show the 24 page thread of "Wow, that looks neat", from the initial photoshops to the custom front facelift.