The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The police has found my car! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=15104)

[BrUn] 12-17-2003 09:32 AM

The police has found my car!

I was hopeless about my car and I was searching for a new SVX in Quebec, not a easy task! :) I was also arguing about my car value with my insurance company and I wasn't thinking that I'll ever see my car again.

The police call this morning to told me they had found my car in a shopping center parking lot in Rimouski, a town 600km (375 miles) away from my town. The police told me that the "Sureté du Quebec" think they had chase my car yesterday night on the highway 20 for 20-30km (12-19 miles) but they had been unable to catch them, the bastards flew away. It was a SVX with a reported stolen plate....That's why they think it was mine. They also told me that my car look in perfect shape, except for the ignition.

I'll probably get my car next week :)

woohoo!

Aredubjay 12-17-2003 09:43 AM

Re: The police has found my car!

Quote:

Originally posted by [BrUn]
I was hopeless about my car and I was searching for a new SVX in Quebec, not a easy task! :) I was also arguing about my car value with my insurance company and I wasn't thinking that I'll ever see my car again.

The police call this morning to told me they had found my car in a shopping center parking lot in Rimouski, a town 600km (375 miles) away from my town. The police told me that the "Sureté du Quebec" think they had chase my car yesterday night on the highway 20 for 20-30km (12-19 miles) but they had been unable to catch them, the bastards flew away. It was a SVX with a reported stolen plate....That's why they think it was mine. They also told me that my car look in perfect shape, except for the ignition.

I'll probably get my car next week :)

woohoo!

Congratulations, Bruno! The insurance company better not gripe about the cost of replacing the ingition switch. If they do, tell 'em you've got a group of buddies, south of the border who won't take kindly to it. :D We gotta take care of our own. :D

SubaSteevo 12-17-2003 09:44 AM

YAY! That's two out of three recovered right? :D

GreenMarine 12-17-2003 09:46 AM

That's awesome man... Sorry that they didn't get the thievs but it is good that you got your car back..... Hope everythig is still good on it...

Great news man!!!

ramsvx 12-17-2003 09:53 AM

I'm relieved for you !!! I've been reading on on the recent SVX thief in canada..... Happy you got your veh. back!!!...I hope the others will be similiarly relieved...!!!

mark10t 12-17-2003 09:53 AM

<<The police told me that the "Sureté du Quebec" think they had chase my car yesterday night on the highway 20 for 20-30km (12-19 miles) but they had been unable to catch them, the bastards flew away.>>

Interesting to know that our SVX's are 'un-catch-able' should one of us have the silly notion to try.

Congratulations on the recovery of your 'baby'. I hope that the ignition is the total extent of damage to your car.

-Mark

ramsvx 12-17-2003 09:55 AM

BTW......the SVX's can be that "FAST"!!!!!

svx_commuter 12-17-2003 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by mark10t
<<The police told me that the "Sureté du Quebec" think they had chase my car yesterday night on the highway 20 for 20-30km (12-19 miles) but they had been unable to catch them, the bastards flew away.>>

Interesting to know that our SVX's are 'un-catch-able' should one of us have the silly notion to try.

Congratulations on the recovery of your 'baby'. I hope that the ignition is the total extent of damage to your car.

-Mark

I am glad they found your SVX. :)

I think the police cars in Rimouski must be slow or the driver had no guts for speed.

CigarJohnny 12-17-2003 10:27 AM

WOOHOO!!!

svxfiles 12-17-2003 10:38 AM

stolen/recovered

I'm glad you got your car back, Mines been out on loan since the sat before last, and I'm jones'n big time. If someone stole it, I would not be nice or healthy to be around. I hope they put those b****rds in prison, wearing pink spandax, yea.

mohrds 12-17-2003 10:43 AM

Congrats on the finding of your car.

Hope you are reunited with it soon.

Doug

[BrUn] 12-17-2003 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by svx_commuter

I am glad they found your SVX. :)

I think the police cars in Rimouski must be slow or the driver had no guts for speed.

It's the kind of Quebec State Trooper (Sureté du Québec) that chase my car not the Rimouski PD.

Anyway I think that if the pursuit goes too fast the police had the obligation to stop the pursuit and let the bastard go away for public security.

Don't forget it's was snowing yesterday night here in Quebec...

Bruno

Seraph 12-17-2003 11:26 AM

I am so happy for you!!!! This is good dude. Good luck and enjoy the ride.

Sonar 12-17-2003 11:55 AM

Aaah...snow.... yes, kinda boring .... :D :D

I have a unwritten rule to NEVER go faster than 250km/h in such conditions ... :D :D :p :p

SHISVX 12-17-2003 12:12 PM

that is awesome news, what a nice christmas gift!

Kelli :D