The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Q & A (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Glove box removal (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=59045)

VICSVX 01-16-2012 09:08 AM

Glove box removal

Anyone have a good right up? Wanting to take the sway out of 92 and into my 94

1986nate 01-16-2012 06:04 PM

Re: Glove box removal

Quote:

Originally Posted by VICSVX (Post 695053)
Anyone have a good right up? Wanting to take the sway out of 92 and into my 94

Sway????:confused:

VICSVX 01-16-2012 06:18 PM

Isn't that what it is called... You got pleather or s way.

Hocrest 01-16-2012 06:21 PM

I think you mean "suede"? The soft fake suede cove is "Ecsaine".

So you just want to remove the lid? Or do you want to remove the entire box?

VICSVX 01-16-2012 06:26 PM

lol ya i just spelled it wrong and i have always called it pleather....its what my dad always called it

but ya i want to take the whole box out...or just the suede. i like the look better then the 'pleather' lol

i read on another forum it isn't fun taking out but he there was no description.

icingdeath88 01-16-2012 07:24 PM

So what you want are glove box door removal instructions?

It's held on by 3-4 screws at the hinge, and the two black plastic arms inside it. The two arms, push the tab down and slide them out to the side to get them out. Slide yourself up underneath it to get to the screws. It's very, very easy.

Now if you want to swap all of the ecsaine interior bits from one car to another that is entirely another story. The passenger side dash would be difficult and time consuming and the part above the drivers legs would be kinda tricky, but not as bad.

VICSVX 01-19-2012 08:51 AM

Exactly what I want to do.... Swap the interior. I have all out but the passenger side dash... Anyone have how to?

wohnson89 01-20-2012 11:35 PM

Had to do this a while back to disarm my security system. Just start taking screws out and eventually everything is done. There is no real need for a write-up. Swapping the suede is a completely different story... I'm not sure you realistically can, but if you can figure it out, power to ya.

Also pleather is short for plastic leather, not suede. (maybe there is a different colloquialism in Arizona but I don't know.)

Green1995SVX 01-21-2012 03:42 PM

I try really hard not to post things like this, but if you would actually form complete sentences and restrict the words you're using to words that actually exist in the English language, you will get a lot more help here.

lsupcar 01-21-2012 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Green1995SVX (Post 695338)
I try really hard not to post things like this, but if you would actually form complete sentences and restrict the words you're using to words that actually exist in the English language, you will get a lot more help here.

Hear, hear.

Bill Z

VICSVX 01-22-2012 11:06 AM

oh ok, so it is not worth my time to attempt to take out the suede? i like the look of it better then the cheaper stuff. as of right now i got all the suede removed but the glove box and the passenger side dash above the glove box.

as for complete sentences go, i was using my phone and this site doesn't work well with my mobile network/phone. I think it wold be pretty cool if there was a mobile site like a lot of other forums:) that's just me imho

VICSVX 01-23-2012 11:38 AM

bump

anyone? i would really like to know if anyone has removed the dash piece above the glove box

thanks in advance....

Hocrest 01-23-2012 11:58 AM

Pull the entire dash and you can get to the back.

I've heard that you can get to the many screws that hold the vinyl/ecsaine piece once you remove the glove box door and interior. You also will need to remove some of the electronics that are mounted up under there to get access.

And then you'll need an assortment of stubby, 90 degree and other phillips drivers.

1986nate 01-23-2012 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hocrest (Post 695473)
Pull the entire dash and you can get to the back.

I've heard that you can get to the many screws that hold the vinyl/ecsaine piece once you remove the glove box door and interior. You also will need to remove some of the electronics that are mounted up under there to get access.

And then you'll need an assortment of stubby, 90 degree and other phillips drivers.

What Dave said. Him and I were talking about it over the weekend. As sad as it sounds, for the average person to do it, it would actually be quicker and easier to swap complete dashboards than getting all of the screws for that piece. It's held in by about 20 screws.

VICSVX 01-23-2012 10:36 PM

Wow really? Aye aye. Lol so is there a right up on how to take the whole dash out?