The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   European Forum (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   KPH to MPH conversion has changed shift points! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=37908)

Darren 03-13-2007 05:06 AM

KPH to MPH conversion has changed shift points!

Hiya guys,

Something Phil might have found on his car?........

I fitted the delimit/speedo conversion chip when I 1st got the car last year and ran a wire across for the cruise control ready to convert that to work over 70MPH.
(Thanks for the details on the site Phil it was a god send :D )

Over the weekend I got the car out & decided to finish the job off and conect the wire to the cruise control module under the passenger dash, all went perfect and 40 mins later I was off trying it out, and it all worked!!!!!! lol

The flip side of this which I cannot workout is now the shift point on the grearbox in power mode is right on the redline and 500 to 600 RPM higher than before I conected the converted speed signal to cruise control module.

An idea how and why? I am presuming the cruise control module also has some input into the gearbox?
The only thing I can think is I had an MPH signal to the speedo and ECU and still obviously had a KPH signal to the gearbox & cruise control?

Cheers

Darren

b3lha 03-13-2007 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darren
Hiya guys,

Something Phil might have found on his car?........

I fitted the delimit/speedo conversion chip when I 1st got the car last year and ran a wire across for the cruise control ready to convert that to work over 70MPH.
(Thanks for the details on the site Phil it was a god send :D )

You're welcome. Happy to help.
Quote:

Over the weekend I got the car out & decided to finish the job off and conect the wire to the cruise control module under the passenger dash, all went perfect and 40 mins later I was off trying it out, and it all worked!!!!!! lol

It's definitely nice on a long journey to be able to set the cruise to 80 or 85 on the motorway. On our green SVX, and a pearly I did for someone, I didn't bother to modify the cruise control because at the time it seemed like too much effort to remove the glovebox.
Quote:

The flip side of this which I cannot workout is now the shift point on the grearbox in power mode is right on the redline and 500 to 600 RPM higher than before I conected the converted speed signal to cruise control module.

An idea how and why? I am presuming the cruise control module also has some input into the gearbox?

The only thing I can think is I had an MPH signal to the speedo and ECU and still obviously had a KPH signal to the gearbox & cruise control?

I can't say I've noticed any difference in the shift points - although as you say, it does change at the redline in power mode. I thought it always did that. Our claret SVX, like yours, has the mph wire to the ECU, Speedo and Cruise, and the existing km/h wire to the TCU and all the other modules. Are you using the same conversion chip as me or a different one?

There are some signal wires between the cruise control unit and the TCU, I think the cruise control uses them to turn off power mode when it is engaged.

Phil.

Darren 03-13-2007 08:09 AM

Hiya Phil,

Im using the same chip as you, I buy all my import parts from Elite.
Its wired the same as your instructions.

Before I connected the wire to the cruise control module in power mode I was pulling around 500 to 600 below the redline & the same RPM lower in normal than I am now.
Since I connected the wire the whole shift point has moved higher by the 500to 600 rpm either in normal or power mode.

It also engages instantly where as before it took over a second to engage cruise control, I would go as far to say in the 2 days I have been driving it around there is more of a sharpeness in the shifts both up and down the box.

I can only presume there is a possible conflict of MPH signal V KPH between engine and gearbox modules?

Your right about the cruise control at 80 to 90, the car is in its element & the perfect GT car, I dropped 1 of my car dealer friends up to Liverpool yesterday and he compared the car to an Aston Martin DB7 he used for a while, only the SVX being more comfortable and quieter! Nice complement :)

Darren

ensteele 03-13-2007 04:39 PM

Quote:

Hiya Phil,

... he compared the car to an Aston Martin DB7 he used for a while, only the SVX being more comfortable and quieter! Nice complement :)

Darren

:eek: That is a nice complement. :) The Aston Martin DB7 is a great car and I am surprised that he like the SVX that much. :)