The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Knee injury advice (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=31679)

TomsSVX 02-21-2006 12:11 AM

Knee injury advice

Well I went snowboarding for the first time in 3-4 years today. Had an awsome time and I loved being back on the mountain. Got on my bard and tore up the slopes like I had being doing it all season. Got two runs in before I hit the terrain park. Got comfy riding the park and began to hit some jumps. At the bottom of a high speed jump some jackhole was sitting right infront of my landing. Needless to say I did everything I could to land and then try to avoid him. I did a good job and major injuries on both parts were avoided but I messed up my left knee pretty good. Twisted it in a way it didn't want to go. It hurt for a few seconds and I continued riding for the rest of the night. Problem is, now I have a severe limp as it hurts like an SOB now. Cannot really ask nurse moma for advice as I was "in class" today. Anyway, anyone here a little medicall savy and help me out with getting this healed up or should I just tough it out??

Tom

Landshark 02-21-2006 12:19 AM

i'm sorry to say that leg is probably gonna have to come off.

you can save a few bucks if you have your own saw and some superglue. :)

intelisevil 02-21-2006 12:54 AM

RoboTom

Acetylene torch, cuts and cauterizes at the same time. We know you can make a replacement out of spare SVX parts!

Sorry to hear about the injury, at least you didn't have a compound fracture like a skier recently had up on our mountain when a boarder jumped and landed on him . . .

SHISVX 02-21-2006 07:35 AM

i would always get an x-ray...could have torn something...pull a rice for now.... rest....ice...blah blah...

Kelli

TomsSVX 02-21-2006 08:42 AM

thnx guys, it feels a lil beter this morning, lets see how the day goes

Tom

svxfiles 02-21-2006 09:03 AM

Get an ASE bandage and wrap it, but not too tight, set in a whirpool/jaquassi and eat asprin and ibuprofen, get "feces faced", and stay off of it for two days.

Yea, right!:rolleyes:

Earthworm 02-21-2006 12:19 PM

Have you tried driving yet? I'm sure the 6MT doesn't feel too great with a bad knee :(

Hope you have a quick and full recovery.

n00b on demand 02-21-2006 01:59 PM

Tom, a tree and a rope will do wonders for you. Take Care

Tom

Chiketkd 02-21-2006 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Earthworm
Have you tried driving yet? I'm sure the 6MT doesn't feel too great with a bad knee :(

Agreed. I knew a guy who sold his '03 s/c Cobra because of a bad knee. The clutch was just too heavy to operate on a daily basis.

Get well soon Tom! :cool:

subi-crosser 02-22-2006 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxfiles
Get an ASE bandage and wrap it, but not too tight, set in a whirpool/jaquassi and eat asprin and ibuprofen, get "feces faced", and stay off of it for two days.

Yea, right!:rolleyes:

worked for me after a ski-ing accident! Only trouble was that I had to drive my MANUAL van home with a fractured femur!!
I only used the right leg till I got it in 3rd, and pushed the gas w the left foot for 50 miles! If you get the 'revs right', you don't have to clutch to downshift!!

Jerry

SSSVX 02-22-2006 03:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Earthworm

I hope you can get your recovery soon Tom. :)

Do you still drive? I could just use my right leg to drive a manual car....is still okay....but not as fast. :D

TomsSVX 02-22-2006 12:10 PM

Knee feels better today. Been on it but making sure I do not put too much pressure on it. I can drive fine as my pedals are not that heavy.

tom

TomsSVX 02-22-2006 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by n00b on demand
Tom, a tree and a rope will do wonders for you. Take Care

Tom

Sigh....thinkin bout it Tom teh N00b from NY

Tom

n00b on demand 02-22-2006 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomsSVX
Sigh....thinkin bout it Tom teh N00b from NY

Tom

Just remember to keep in drive tom...byea byea

TomsSVX 02-22-2006 01:55 PM

hahahahaahahahahah. Hey Tom, I changed my # to fee fi fee fi fee fi fo....hahahahaha

Tom