The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Unbelievable!!!!!! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3986)

1994SubaruSVX 05-02-2002 07:19 AM

Unbelievable!!!!!!

Yesterday at about 4pm I get a phone call saying my car is finished and that I can come and pick it up. :D :D :D

Drove over and there she was ready to roll. Car sounds fine and drives fine. I can tell that I need to do some serious ECU training. She has forgot everything I taught her. ;)

They only gave me a 6mo./6000 mile warranty. I think mainly because it was not a complete engine swap. I kept most of my old engine components. I have to go pickup the pile of miscellaneous parts today.

Of course there is some bad news. My bag of tools, jumper cables, flash light, etc. was stolen from my trunk?! I had a case of bottle water back there too and it was stolen. For whatever reason, my own stupidity, I left my CD's in the car and my radar detector. They stole one case of my CD's, my visor CD holder, and the detector. Oh I forgot they also took my sunglasses.

The guy said he would pay me for my radar detector. I was in a rush so I really did not get to mention the other things. I plan on paying him a little visit today.

But anyway the SVX is back, but I seriously need some time to get used to it. Feels weird after driving the GTI for so long.

Thanks for all the support and all the teasing, Beav. :)

Mr. Pockets 05-02-2002 07:24 AM

Leo, I'm thrilled to hear that you have your SVX back. I know it's been awhile.

And I know how it feels to have a vehicle broken into. I felt very violated both times.

1994SubaruSVX 05-02-2002 07:29 AM

it really does piss me off.....

i should have known better and i guess that is why i am not just livid.

i will recoup some of my stuff i am sure. this guy is at least buying my radar detector back. :mad:

it is nice just to see the car in the driveway. i am not comfortable driving it yet though. :o

Mr. Pockets 05-02-2002 07:31 AM

Re: it really does piss me off.....

Quote:

Originally posted by 1994SubaruSVX
it is nice just to see the car in the driveway. i am not comfortable driving it yet though. :o
Not comfrotable driving it? I only wish I could - all I get to do is sit in mine about once a week. :(

Aredubjay 05-02-2002 08:45 AM

YIPPEE!!! WOOHOOOOO!!!! HALLELUJAH!!!! *WHISTLES AND APPLAUSE*

CONGRATULATIONS LEO!!!

Green1995SVX 05-02-2002 09:35 AM

I had my radar detector, stereo, sunglasses, even a blanket I had in the trunk stolen from my cavalier when it was in for service. The mechanic said "It was like that when you dropped it off" :rolleyes:

-Mike

listed 05-02-2002 12:46 PM

Re: Re: it really does piss me off.....

Quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Pockets

Not comfrotable driving it? I only wish I could - all I get to do is sit in mine about once a week. :(

What's wrong with your car Pockets?

SVXphile 05-02-2002 05:36 PM

Douse the glimmer...

Gee whiz Randy....how about a little warning, so I can get my sunglasses on, before you post those LOUD ones.... :cool: Don

1994SubaruSVX 05-03-2002 03:56 PM

yes i am happy......

the car is driving very good. still pissed about the stuff being stolen, but i think i will get the guy to discount the labor done on the TSI when i get a motor dropped in it.

anyone got $3000 they are not using?? :D

Green1995SVX 05-03-2002 04:01 PM

Re: yes i am happy......

Quote:

Originally posted by 1994SubaruSVX

anyone got $3000 they are not using?? :D

Yea, in the form of my svx, sitting at home in the garage. :( :rolleyes: ;)

-Mike

SSSVX 05-03-2002 08:34 PM

congratulations, leo!! happy that you got your car back. :D

sorry to hear about ur stuff were being stolen.
thanks for the story and have to be careful next time. but, no-no, i don't want, don't want to part with my car... don't want any repair.. :) the only time i left my SVX somewhere was the fix for awd clutch - 10 days. i just asked 'em took their time... actually i could have my SVX back in 2 days...just spent 8 days waiting for the redline and btw, ask them to service the tranny....i left everything in the car like money/cd...etc.. good thing that they're honest......did i lose anything? :rolleyes: :D

have fun w/ your SVX.

svxistentialist 05-04-2002 10:30 AM

Duck soup

Hey Leo,

Glad you got your car back, it has been a painful experience. It was away so long, you probably could have got them to install AWD!!

It will feel funny driving for a bit, until you regain confidence in the engine and the job done. I was the apprehensive same after having my tranny fixed.

Get some striping kit and affix a stripe on the front fenders just below the line of the air intake. When you are tackling small lakes and large puddles and stuff in future, get your missus to step out in the wet and ensure water does not go over the stripe!! Plimsoll line as it were!!

Just kidding:) :D :D . Pleased you are back on the road.

Joe:)

Beav 05-04-2002 11:06 AM

How about a float in a tube, attached to the fender, that allows a flag to unfurl when the water's too deep for safe passage?

(I'm beginning to pity Leo now that he has his car back...heheheheh)

Congrats Leo, may you have many happy miles in your car.

wasions 05-04-2002 11:13 AM

Three cheers for Leo!
Hurrah! Hurrah! Hurrah!

My wife is always nagging me about leaving stuff in the car when I take it in for service - Bless her sweet heart. ;)