The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Group Buys (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Bontrager Works 22mm rear sway bar kit (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=54454)

Nevin 05-05-2010 07:54 PM

Bontrager Works 22mm rear sway bar kit

Howdy everyone. Nevin here, with some wonderful news. I have been doing research and experimentation for the last two years on a larger rear sway bar for our beloved SVX. In stock conditions the car certainly handles well enough for it's weight, but I wanted something a little better.

With the help of fellow boardmember TomsSVX I think I have come up with something that is a cost-effective modification that will greatly enhance our car's handling dynamics. What it effectively does is reduces body roll in cornering which increases the rear tires' ability to help carry some of the load. By reducing load in the front, the car understeers less and is also more responsive in normal driving.

I wanted to test the bar on both extremes of suspension setups. My car's suspension is as stock as it comes, and I knew that tom had just about every other piece you could bolt-on to the car, so he was a logical choice when it came to experimentation.

Here's what Tom had to say about the bar:

Got the bar in this afternoon after doing a control run w/ the stock bar. I had already made the assumption that w/ the coilovers we would not see much difference in handling.... Well, I was wrong

The bar is painless to install if you know how to turn a wrench. I LOVE the fact that Nevin has chosen grease-able bushings as squeaky rear bushings are embarrasing.

Driving impressions, the rear is MUCH more planted through turns and turn-in. I can throw the car around w/ very little rear body roll and never break traction. Safely approach turns well over speed without worrying too much about the back end comming around and has also reduced some of the car's tendency to brake steer. Granted this is all dependent upon your tires but mine are sticking nicely in the rear now. WELL worth it mod!!

Tom

How hard is it to install? If you have a friend and know how to turn a wrench, less than 90 minutes. If you're a first timer, this is still an easy modification that doesn't require a ton of knowledge to install.

HERE is a link to an install thread that I've previously written up. If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask.

So, what does the bar cost? The price is $260 shipped in the lower 48 states + extra for international orders (TBD on a case-by case basis.) Since the bars are still not actually ready to go, I will only require a pre-payment of 50% which would be $130. "Hold on" you say, "I don't want to give you that much money now! What if you screw me on it?" I know that this is a possibility that everyone needs to consider when dealing on the internet. I myself have been ripped off a few times, so I know exactly what it's like. I have vowed to never do that to anyone, and so far I have always kept my word. Ask anyone who has dealt with me and they will tell you that I have always come through.

So, how do you pay me? Paypal is how we'll be doing it this time around. The address? wahwahrockwah@hotmail.com

So, what do you get for $260? You get:

the swaybar
sweet, beefy endlinks
greaseable polyurethane (energy suspension) bushings
grease for the bushings
every nut and bolt you need

What color is the bar, you ask? I call them "bontrager blue." A blue very similar to subaru world rally blue. With a durable powdercoated finish, these will stay shiny for a long time, and will resist rusting very well.

Here's a shot from some previously sold.

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e3...nished2002.jpg

So, how do you go about saying you're interested and telling me you want a bar? Here's the plan...

You can respond here, but the best way to get your hands on one is to send me the paypal first, then reply here. There will be 15 bars for sale, and the first people to send their pre-payment will be the ones to have them. If, by chance, I receive more than 15 payments, the people who have paid most currently (further down the list) will receive their $130 back in full. I don't think it will come to that, but it case it does, that's just how it'll have to be.

So, when can you expect this wonderbar? I expect them to be done in approximately 3 weeks, and ready to ship out in 4. So, lets call it 30 days to be conservative, but I honestly expect them to be done before that. Once I have them in my possession ready to ship, you will again be notified to send the remainder of your payment and after I receive the remainder of your money, your bar will be shipped.

If I have let out anything, please don't hesitate to ask and if you have any questions, you can PM me on here, or send me an email at nevinbontrager@gmail.com. (I do prefer emails, because my PM box can clog up rather quickly)

So there we have it. Once you have paid, I will create a list of names here that will reflect who is in the group buy. IF when the time comes you decide to change your mind for whatever reason, there will be a surcharge on your refund. I will refund your %50 pre-payment LESS $25. WHEN YOU PAYPAL ME, please include your screenname, so I can help keep things straight. I'll ask for your address later on when they're ready to ship!

For international orders, simply paypal $130, and the shipping will be figured out and added to your final payment.

Thank you very much for your support, and let's get you folks some swaybars!!

-nevin bontrager
bontragerworks

thickasxthieves 05-05-2010 07:59 PM

Re: Bontrager Works 22mm rear sway bar kit

payment sent, I've been patiently chomping at the bit to finally get one.

thanks so much for making these available to us all Nevin.

LetItSnow 05-05-2010 08:01 PM

Paid, as well. :D

ZMan 05-05-2010 08:02 PM

Payment sent as well.
Been waiting for this - Thanks Nevin!

Nevin 05-05-2010 08:13 PM

I just now checked my payments and there are only two, yet three of you claim to have sent it. Also, be sure to include your screennames so I can keep you straight. If I don't have it, I'll just put your initials in your place.

(in order of payment received)

1. Letitsnow
2. Zman

Blacky 05-05-2010 08:43 PM

Payment sent. Thanks

Nevin 05-05-2010 09:09 PM

1. Letitsnow
2. zman
3. blacky

thickasxthieves 05-05-2010 09:40 PM

DOH!

typo in the paypal address i sent it to. payment sent to correct address

Nevin 05-05-2010 10:09 PM

1. Letitsnow
2. Zman
3. Blacky
4. Thickasxthieves

Tim 05-06-2010 04:40 AM

As soon as I get to work I'll be paypaling the deposit :D

Tim 05-06-2010 05:59 AM

1. Letitsnow
2. Zman
3. Blacky
4. Thickasxthieves
5. Tim (christopher is the paypal name)

Nevin 05-06-2010 06:40 AM

1. Letitsnow
2. Zman
3. Blacky
4. Thickasxthieves
5. Tim

subarusvx1992 05-06-2010 06:45 AM

Money sent!
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

waynes 05-06-2010 07:17 AM

Money Sent. Thanks Nevin!!!!
:D:D:D

Nevin 05-06-2010 04:46 PM

1. Letitsnow
2. Zman
3. Blacky
4. Thickasxthieves
5. Tim
6. subarusvx1992
7. waynes

Spots are filling up fast! And that means I can pay for extra parts sooner and get you swaybars faster. Hazaah!

Sweet! 900th post!!