The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   SVX Cars For Sale (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Car Crashed, Trying to (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=59249)

wyldnwoody44 02-17-2012 10:54 AM

Car Crashed, Trying to

Hey Guys; unfortunatley the Buffalo weather got me and I hit a guard rail pretty good with my 92 SVX, It looks like its the end of the line for me and this SVX : ( I will look to purchase another one once i graduate from med school this year.

I am not claiming it because of the low return from the insurance company; The damage is on the Passenger side; the door is pretty shot and the rear fender and wheel well is bent up; as well as some slight damage to the front fender.

Front tire is flat and rim got gouged.

Its a 92, I painted it metallic charcol 2 years ago; 4.44 rear end with replaced tranny; engine running strong. Had engine resealed this summer with new timing belt and water pump; new radiator, HID headlights,

Im looking to get something in return, by selling this as is; or by parting it out as needed; Ive never done anything like this; so If anyone has interests, either reply or PM me and I can send pictures and work out arrangements.

Im located just outside of Buffalo, NY

solarsvx 02-17-2012 11:09 AM

Re: Car Crashed, Trying to

sorry to hear your loss,

i have lots of family in buffalo they run some of the duty free shops at the canada border there, and another one runs the muesum that has the barrels that went over the falls there,

how do the headlights look ?

1986nate 02-17-2012 11:36 AM

I'm right down in Erie, PA with plenty of parts depending on how bad the damage is. Post up some pics of the damage, and then we can have an idea if the car can easily be fixed and kept on the road since it seems as though power/drive train wise, it should be very sound. :)

wyldnwoody44 02-17-2012 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1986nate (Post 697343)
I'm right down in Erie, PA with plenty of parts depending on how bad the damage is. Post up some pics of the damage, and then we can have an idea if the car can easily be fixed and kept on the road since it seems as though power/drive train wise, it should be very sound. :)

I will try and post pics as soon as possible, thanks for the responses, no one was seriously huhurt, just the car

1986nate 02-18-2012 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wyldnwoody44 (Post 697379)
I will try and post pics as soon as possible, thanks for the responses, no one was seriously huhurt, just the car

That's always the most important thing :)

Jvan 03-13-2012 09:30 PM

If your still parting out the car, I need the rear passenger side fixed glass and a few miscellanous parts ( Driver's door master power window switch, plastic cover on overhead rear mirror and passenger side dash vent grill.

wyldnwoody44 03-14-2012 03:13 PM

Hey Guys, Im uploading pictures right now; sorry for the delay, Ive been busy and I can get better pics now that the snow has melted. I would like to try and sell the whole thing as Im not techincally that great at pulling parts; But im willing to do what I can.

wyldnwoody44 03-14-2012 03:19 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Here are the pics; took me a while to figure out how to post.

wyldnwoody44 03-14-2012 03:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
one more pic that didnt fit

redlightningsvx 03-14-2012 05:34 PM

Why not put a rim on it and drive it as is untill you get a fender/door? Sounds like a better option to me

1986nate 03-14-2012 05:45 PM

Wow, don't part it out over that. A door and fender are easy to replace. The quarter panel will take a bit more work but if it's been a good car, I'd strongly suggest fixing it :)

wyldnwoody44 03-14-2012 07:23 PM

I can't afford to fix it at this point, that's why im trying to get as much as I can for it while I finish up med school. Im on very limited funds and im not sure if the frame is tweaked or not. I would love to fix it. There was a lot of work put into this car and I love it, but just don't think I can make it work :/

1986nate 03-14-2012 07:27 PM

From the looks of it, there isn't any frame damage. Suspension on the rear could be tweaked depending on how it was hit, but honestly, it's doubtfull. And worst case would be a bent trailing arm and/or lateral link. Again, doubtful from the looks of the pictures. If it's mechanically sound which it seems to be. Keep driving it. If you need a rim to make it driveable again, I've got plenty.
Please, please don't part it out over cosmetic damage. You've basically got it to a point where the 2 major mechanical parts are taken care of and should give plenty of service :)

redlightningsvx 03-14-2012 11:20 PM

From doing some frame repair years ago I will tell you this. The frame IS NOT bent, maybe out of alignment on the wheels but not the frame.

svxfiles 03-15-2012 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redlightningsvx (Post 699630)
From doing some frame repair years ago I will tell you this. The frame IS NOT bent, maybe out of alignment on the wheels but not the frame.

[QUOTE=1986nate;699596]From the looks of it, there isn't any frame damage. Suspension on the rear could be tweaked depending on how it was hit, but honestly, it's doubtfull. And worst case would be a bent trailing arm and/or lateral link. Again, doubtful from the looks of the pictures. If it's mechanically sound which it seems to be. Keep driving it. If you need a rim to make it driveable again, I've got plenty.
Please, please don't part it out over cosmetic damage. You've basically got it to a point where the 2 major mechanical parts are taken care of and should give plenty of service [QUOTE]
What these guys said.