The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   SVX STi Version (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=13556)

paddlesnz 10-04-2003 07:10 AM

SVX STi Version

In '96 or '97 Subaru did a one-off SVX STi version as a show model for a Motor Show. This vehicle has been discussed recently on the Japanese SVX Club. It is STi blue with 'full aero' body kit, Bilstein shocks and maybe other unkown modifications. It has been spotted around Ota City, Gunma which is where the main Subaru factory is and is most probably owned by a Subaru employee.

Well, today I had to go Ota City and on my way back I saw it!! Only caught a quick glimpse as it was going the other way and didn't have time to use my cell-phone camera.:( Just my bad luck.

I have to go back to Ota City next week and this time I'll be ready but most probably won't see it again.

Seraph 10-04-2003 10:30 AM

Paul,

Thanks for the heads up. That would be very interesting to see.

svxistentialist 10-04-2003 01:40 PM

Paul

If you get close enough to have a look under the hood, take a photo with your cellphone.

There will be egg on a lot of faces around here if a twin-turbo factory SVX really does exist!!:D :D

Joe:)

Phast SVX 10-05-2003 12:27 AM

one thing i know is that an STi does NOT come without a power upgrade. Ever.
phil

Trevor 10-05-2003 12:46 AM

Greetings Paul. :)

Chicane 10-05-2003 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Phast SVX
phil

But it was a showcar, not a production car.

- Rob

ensteele 10-05-2003 05:12 PM

That would be interesting to see! :)

Phast SVX 10-05-2003 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Chicane

But it was a showcar, not a production car.

- Rob

STi= subaru technica international, not subaru toycar international :) PLEASE GOD LET IT BE MORE POWERFUL!!
phil
btw: Happy one thousand to me :)

tuzem 10-05-2003 07:36 PM

Hadjmema****e! Nick-san desu! STI SVX wa ikura desu ka? - You've got to buy that and bring it to the states man :D

-Nick

Green1995SVX 10-05-2003 07:59 PM

Quote:

STi= subaru technica international, not subaru toycar international :) PLEASE GOD LET IT BE MORE POWERFUL!!
phil
btw: Happy one thousand to me :)

YAYYYYYYYYYY Go phil!! :)

Mike

Jamsvx 10-05-2003 11:11 PM

Re: SVX STi Version

Quote:

Originally posted by paddlesnz
In '96 or '97 Subaru did a one-off SVX STi version as a show model for a Motor Show. This vehicle has been discussed recently on the Japanese SVX Club. It is STi blue with 'full aero' body kit, Bilstein shocks and maybe other unkown modifications. It has been spotted around Ota City, Gunma which is where the main Subaru factory is and is most probably owned by a Subaru employee.

Well, today I had to go Ota City and on my way back I saw it!! Only caught a quick glimpse as it was going the other way and didn't have time to use my cell-phone camera.:( Just my bad luck.

I have to go back to Ota City next week and this time I'll be ready but most probably won't see it again.

*shakes head*

Dear oh dear..."only caught a quick glimpse as it was going the other way". Tut tut - shame on you! I can't remember how many times I was going somewhere, usually with Cassie (and running late - my fault as usual) when the quiet serenity of the Camry was ended with "Look, an SVX" screamed in Cassie's ear, as full lock was applied with one hand, the handbrake with the other and Cass, face plastered against the passenger window by the now 180 degree spin, hurled abuse at me and the 4cyl was flogged senseless amidst a torrent of tire smoke as we took off in pursuit...correction..as I took off in pursuit with Cass a reluctant passenger!:D

*joking* Guys, we need to book a group flight to Gunma to find this car!!! Did the bodykit look like any other that has been seen in the past??

Well done!!

T.McCaw 10-06-2003 12:01 AM

Ah yes the 180 spin. Better known as the Bat Turn.

Ps: and how does one luck out and get to go to Japan?

Tom

Jamsvx 10-06-2003 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by T.McCaw
Ah yes the 180 spin. Beter known as the Bat Turn.

Ps: and how does one luck out and get to go to Japan?

Tom

I have no idea!! Perhaps selling 'spy shots' of our cars to Automedia saying its the new SVX....it still looks futuristic so they would probably believe it!!

Although, we would have to keep the photos of the 10th Anniversary Meet hidden - no way they would build that many 'prototypes'!!

;)

alacrity024 10-06-2003 01:26 PM

Quote:

they ALSO come with blueprinted engines :D perfect for high-compression, high-rpm applications

b3lha 10-07-2003 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by tuzem
Hadjmema****e! Nick-san desu! STI SVX wa ikura desu ka? - You've got to buy that and bring it to the states man :D

-Nick

It'll be no good in the states - steering wheel on wrong side.

Ship it here instead! :D