The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Vendors, Service, & Parts (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   AWD's Bolt-in Cat-back Exhaust (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=48956)

TomsSVX 01-31-2009 07:37 PM

AWD's Bolt-in Cat-back Exhaust

Well its about time there was a bolt-in exhaust solution besides the Stebro that sounds as good as this! We love our new exhaust systems and want to offer them as bolt- in cat-backs to people who cannot get their car here for a custom installation. Below are pictures of the exhaust along with a sound clip. The exhaust we are selling as kits is the car on the left hand side. Nice deep tone, not overly loud. Personally I like the sound of this exhaust over the Stebro, and that says a lot because I REALLY like the Stebro exhaust.

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h2...X/DSCN2127.jpg

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h2...X/DSCN2129.jpg

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h2...X/DSCN2128.jpg

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h2...X/DSCN2126.jpg

The kit comes with new stainless hardware and a new gasket for the muffler flange. Also comes with new spring bolts, springs, gasket, and nuts for the cat flange. The system is guaranteed to bolt into ANY SVX. Due to some states emissions regulations we cannot guarantee that it will pass inspection. Please contact your state's motor vehicle department to inquire about regulation standards.

Kits will cost $900+ Shipping. We will ship anywhere in the continental US, if you are outside of this range, please contact us about shipping.

Link on how to order is HERE

SVXRide 01-31-2009 08:18 PM

Re: AWD's Bolt-in Cat-back Exhaust

YT,
Given that it's a "cat back" system, there shouldn't be any reason why the system would negatively impact a car's emissions (i.e., the three stock cats will all still be in place). I could see your point if you were offering the system with the 2-into-1 magnaflow cat to replace the stock main cat....
-Bill

TomsSVX 01-31-2009 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVXRide (Post 585300)
YT,
Given that it's a "cat back" system, there shouldn't be any reason why the system would negatively impact a car's emissions (i.e., the three stock cats will all still be in place). I could see your point if you were offering the system with the 2-into-1 magnaflow cat to replace the stock main cat....
-Bill

Yea, thats why we went with just the cat-back for now. BUT I am not 100% on all state regulations, so it might not be legal somewhere.

Tom

SVXRide 01-31-2009 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomsSVX (Post 585308)
Yea, thats why we went with just the cat-back for now. BUT I am not 100% on all state regulations, so it might not be legal somewhere.

Tom

I guess anything is possible at the state level. I just don't see how replacing mufflers alone could get crosswise with any laws other than dB-related ones. Based on your video clip, I really don't see that being possible with your system.
-Bill

TomsSVX 01-31-2009 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVXRide (Post 585330)
I guess anything is possible at the state level. I just don't see how replacing mufflers alone could get crosswise with any laws other than dB-related ones. Based on your video clip, I really don't see that being possible with your system.
-Bill

Yes but visual inspection could play a part, and some states are more strict than others. Granted a corvette or a g35/350z are louder than this its not "stock" so it might not fly. The disclaimer is so that people ask their state dept. first before purchasing so they are not stuck w/ an exhaust they cannot legally use

Tom

SVXRide 01-31-2009 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomsSVX (Post 585331)
Yes but visual inspection could play a part, and some states are more strict than others. Granted a corvette or a g35/350z are louder than this its not "stock" so it might not fly. The disclaimer is so that people ask their state dept. first before purchasing so they are not stuck w/ an exhaust they cannot legally use

Tom

Definitely a wise business move ;):cool:
-Bill

svxash 02-01-2009 09:24 AM

Tom,
Have you ever tried this setup without the center resonator and just the Bullet in the rear?

TomsSVX 02-01-2009 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxash (Post 585380)
Tom,
Have you ever tried this setup without the center resonator and just the Bullet in the rear?

No we have not.

Tom

Myxalplyx 02-02-2009 07:57 AM

Looks beautiful Tom! Hope you sell a good deal of them for the hard work you put into it.

techy101 02-08-2009 02:52 PM

So what are the chances on getting let in on the secret of which Bullet muffler model this is?

TomsSVX 02-08-2009 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by techy101 (Post 586523)
So what are the chances on getting let in on the secret of which Bullet muffler model this is?

Just a stainless bullet single in dual out transverse... You can find them if you look, or you can buy the components through us directly if that feeds you desires... The muffler is $99+shipping

Tom

aust92pearl 02-09-2009 04:58 PM

i think that your one tom sounds better than the stebro its like its more of a pronounced sound throughout the rev range rather than drowning itself out half way through .i wish i had $$$$ to buy one :D:p

Mike621 02-11-2009 10:14 AM

Impressions of this System:

My daily driver is the Ebony pictured, running the first of these kits built. I have since put roughly 300 miles on the setup.

The subtle mumur of the car at idle combined with the bold tones at speed make this one of the best exhaust systems I have heard on the SVX!

I just came back from a short trip on the parkway, windows down, and I am grinning ear to ear.:D

sicksubie 02-11-2009 01:18 PM

Dyno numbers maybe? Or how about weight savings? The stock system is wicked heavy....

Yes, I am from New England and yes, I did just say "wicked"...

Mike621 02-11-2009 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sicksubie (Post 587040)
Dyno numbers maybe? Or how about weight savings? The stock system is wicked heavy....
Yes, I am from New England and yes, I did just say "wicked"...

Wicked sweet red wheels and a tire sporting the low cost imbalance of a ferrari 612 scaglietti! :p

I will be running my car on the dyno if we can get enough people together for a decent dyno day.:)