The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   SVX in all-time Top Ten (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=11672)

svxistentialist 06-29-2003 01:51 PM

SVX in all-time Top Ten

The current issue of Car magazine, July, has our SVX listed in two separate categories in their Special Collectors Edition.

They run a [highly subjective] set of lists, such as Collectable Cars, Cars that Changed the World, Best Driver's Cars etc. Highly entertaining.

The SVX gets two mentions, one at #2 in the Glorious Failures category, and it also pops up in the Japanese Cars section where they list it at #7.

On the positive and highly rated lists, we are in extremely good company. Two cars get mentioned in 3 lists, the Lamborghini Miura and the McLaren F1.

Cars also making two lists include the Ferrari Enzo, the Jaguar XJ220, the Honda NSX and the Lexus LS 400 series.

Safe to say these guys like our SVX?

Joe:D

ChronicSVX 06-29-2003 02:25 PM

dude im gonna go buy that mag right now!

Andy 06-29-2003 03:56 PM

Got a link Joe?

(Too tight to buy my own copy.)

svxistentialist 06-29-2003 04:51 PM

Outta luck Andy!

It is published by emap. They seem to be a tight-fisted lot. Unlike Auto Express and Evo, they have no cover of magazine articles at all.

We webrats are left out in the cold.

See:
http://www.emapmagazines.co.uk/motoring.shtml

Their website is all business and corporate, obviously run by accountants. The only reason it is up there is to try and get you to subscribe, or become an investor.

A Quentin Wilson phrase comes to mind,

"They want all the money!"

Dig deep Andy, you pays your money to see their choice!:) ;) :rolleyes:

Joe:D

SVX10 06-29-2003 07:09 PM

????

I went to the bookstore and looked at the July Car Magazine (BMW 5-Series on the cover), and I found nothing on the SVX. Are you sure that it was the July Car Magazine? I found their list of their 100 favorite cars, but that was it, and they were all new (2003) models from around the world.

ChronicSVX 06-29-2003 08:17 PM

yeah, I bought that july issue,,,,and....NO SVX! Was it in the june issue instead, svxistentialist?

svxistentialist 06-30-2003 04:24 AM

No Special supplement??

Sorry guys,

You are talking about the right magazine, July, issue 491, with the new BMW 5 [ugly, methinks] on the cover.

It ships here with a collectors edition supplement. See if there is a paragraph called Special Thanks on page 15, it mentions the supplement.

If it does, then go back to the dealer, and say you should have got the supplement mentioned on page 15. Insist on it.! The US copies come from NJ, you can see details in the Printing and Distribution paragraph.

If all fails, I will get my brother to scan the pages, and put them in my locker. The supplement would be good to have though, so I hope you twist their arms and get it.

Joe:)

Mr. Pockets 06-30-2003 08:55 AM

'Car' is an excellent magazine with an unimaginitive title. I've enjoyed every issue I've picked up.

The list of cars you mentioned includes some of my favorites - including the F1, the XJ220 and (of course) the SVX. :)

NomadTW 06-30-2003 10:33 AM

what was the #1 failure?
i'm curious...
something was a greater failure than the svx...

Phast SVX 06-30-2003 10:48 AM

i would guess the delorean, just a hunch. That even had drug dealing in its roots to try and keep the company going!
phil

benebob 06-30-2003 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Phast SVX
i would guess the delorean, just a hunch. That even had drug dealing in its roots to try and keep the company going!
phil

I'll put my money on Edsel or then again maybe the ENTIRE British car industry.:D

John19688 06-30-2003 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by benebob

I'll put my money on Edsel or then again maybe the ENTIRE British car industry.:D

I would say some of the other top failures would be:
Edsel
Chrysler Airflows of the '30s
Delorean
Lincoln Blackwood
Yugo
Pontiac Aztec
Sterling (the British-built Honda)
Merkur

Subafreak 06-30-2003 06:45 PM

How about Dawoo's

NomadTW 06-30-2003 09:47 PM

i wouldn't call the aztec a failure
mainly because it hasn't failed yet, and i don't think it will, they're more common than svx's around here, and they've sold a lot since they painted the body cladding

the deloreon sounds like a good guess,

svxistentialist 07-01-2003 04:45 AM

You guys are on the ball!:D :D

Remember, the category is Glorious Failures, so the basic car is deemed intrinsically worthy, failed because of marketing or fuel crisis or whatever.

#1 place goes to the DeLorean, take a bow phast, john and nomad.

Your Aztec makes #5 in the Ugliest Production Cars, with the AMC Pacer taking #1 spot.

I'll try scanning the page, it's a bit of fun.

Joe:)