The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Finally got some pictures up. (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3855)

SpeedVX 04-25-2002 12:16 PM

Finally got some pictures up.

Alright to those who have asked...I finally got some pictures in my locker

And to those who like to point and laugh....go ahead but just remember everyone here bought this car because it stands out from the rest. I wanted my SVX to stand out from all the other SVX's out there. It's the same principle..im just more liberal. Also as far as the exhaust goes..its not done...im adding a second muffler to give it that Corvette ZO6 look. They wont be sticking out that bad when its done b/c they'll be on either side of the differential. So any comments or criticism welcome.....ideas too!

Earthworm 04-25-2002 12:27 PM

I sure hope Aredubjay doesn't see the pics!

Were those 12w0's in the trunk?

Mr. Pockets 04-25-2002 12:35 PM

Re: Finally got some pictures up.

Quote:

Originally posted by SpeedVX
Alright to those who have asked...I finally got some pictures in my locker

And to those who like to point and laugh....go ahead but just remember everyone here bought this car because it stands out from the rest. I wanted my SVX to stand out from all the other SVX's out there. It's the same principle..im just more liberal. Also as far as the exhaust goes..its not done...im adding a second muffler to give it that Corvette ZO6 look. They wont be sticking out that bad when its done b/c they'll be on either side of the differential. So any comments or criticism welcome.....ideas too!

Okay, I'm going to stick my hand in the fire and TRY to ask a reasonable question.

You give the same reason for 'modding' you car that I hear from a lot of 'modders' out there: 'I want my car to be more original.'

If you guys want your cars to be more original, then why do you all do the same things? Subwoofers in the trunk, paint the same things yellow, aluminum inserts in any openings on the car.

I will fully admit it - I cringe when I see the SVX altered. To me it's like saying, 'you know, we should really update Mona Lisa's wardrobe.' But I'm also a creative person, and therefore I understand the desire to embellish and express.

So why don't you try something truly original, if that's really what you're going after?

Alright, so now I will wait for the endless posts accusing me of 'hatin' on' somebody or telling you guys that you can't do whatever you want to your own car - neither of which are true, by the way.

FYI, I noticed in one picture that your front wheels are on backwards. I didn't look for it in the rest of the photos, so maybe you've already fixed it. I just thought you should know.

Boone 04-25-2002 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Earthworm
I sure hope Aredubjay doesn't see the pics!
Hmmm... and Randy used to like that color. :D Why not continue the stripes on the sunroof and rear bumper to complete the effect? Overall it looks nice. The graphics kinda detract from the visual impact 'tho. :cool:

Green1995SVX 04-25-2002 12:56 PM

Re: Re: Finally got some pictures up.

Quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Pockets

FYI, I noticed in one picture that your front wheels are on backwards. I didn't look for it in the rest of the photos, so maybe you've already fixed it. I just thought you should know.

I told him about it at reading :) He was like 'I never even noticed!' :)

-Mike

Green1995SVX 04-25-2002 01:00 PM

Daryl-

Don't listen to Stockets, he just has this hangup about mods and all that.

Stockets-

I think anyone should be able to express their creative thoughts. Daryl's way of doing this is through modifying his car. It really is a form of creative art, and it is a very good thing. You're such a stick in the mud! SHHHEEESHHHH!

-Mike

PS- I love doing things to make my car unique, and I do it in a different way. This is because I am expressing MY creativeness.

Mr. Pockets 04-25-2002 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Green1995SVX
Daryl-

Don't listen to Stockets, he just has this hangup about mods and all that.

Stockets-

I think anyone should be able to express their creative thoughts. Daryl's way of doing this is through modifying his car. It really is a form of creative art, and it is a very good thing. You're such a stick in the mud! SHHHEEESHHHH!

-Mike

PS- I love doing things to make my car unique, and I do it in a different way. This is because I am expressing MY creativeness.

All I did was ask a question, Mike. And let me make this abundantly clear, because I don't like to be misunderstood:

I never said that anybody, Daryl or whomever, shouldn't be allowed to express themselves.

I'm pretty sure I got that across in my first post. So you take it back - because if I'm going to say one thing and then have you contradict it by telling me I said the opposite, then we can't have this conversation. I don't play that game. So take it back.

Here, let me put it this way. I was not discouraging Daryl from modifying his car. I was encouraging it. I am a creative person by day and by night. If I'm not creative on a daily basis, I will lose my job. So I am all for creativity, even if it means expressing that creativity on or in the SVX. I don't like it, but, hell, it's your car.

Where was I going with this? Oh, yeah. I mean to encourage all of you to be more creative. Don't do the same thing that the kid down the street is doing. Don't take style cues from one car and put them on your own (tail lights from a Toyota or fender vents from a BMW). The SVX stands out because it is an original work. So, if you want your SVX to stand out from other SVXs, then make yours an original work.

SHHHEEEEEESSHHHH!

Green1995SVX 04-25-2002 01:22 PM

Quote:

All I did was ask a question, Mike. And let me make this abundantly clear, because I don't like to be misunderstood:

I never said that anybody, Daryl or whomever, shouldn't be allowed to express themselves.

I'm pretty sure I got that across in my first post. So you take it back - because if I'm going to say one thing and then have you contradict it by telling me I said the opposite, then we can't have a conversation. I don't play that game. So take it back.

Here, let me put it this way. I was not discouraging Daryl from modifying his car. I was encouraging it. I am a creative person by day and by night. If I'm not creative on a daily basis, I will lose my job. So I am all for creativity, even if it means expressing that creativity on or in the SVX. I don't like it, but, hell, it's your car.

Where was I going with this? Oh, yeah. I mean to encourage all of you to be more creative.

SHHHEEEEEESSHHHH!

Pockets, I'm sorry for my post, seriously. It was suposst to be in a half-joking tone, and it's difficult to show that in type. I didnt mean to come off in the way you thought I did. Also, it seems I misunderstood your post too. I'm sorry.

Can we be friends again?

<hugs Pockets>

-Mike

Mr. Pockets 04-25-2002 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Green1995SVX

Pockets, I'm sorry for my post, seriously. It was suposst to be in a half-joking tone, and it's difficult to show that in type. I didnt mean to come off in the way you thought I did. Also, it seems I misunderstood your post too. I'm sorry.

Can we be friends again?

<hugs Pockets>

-Mike

Oh, we're all still friends. I just hate to be misunderstood.

And you're right - tones and inflections are very hard to get across in type. So I apologize for misinterpreting your post.

PS Your hands wander in an inappropriate way when you hug. ;)

Green1995SVX 04-25-2002 01:36 PM

Quote:

PS Your hands wander in an inappropriate way when you hug. ;)

OOOPS! Sorry!! :)

-Mike

Aredubjay 04-25-2002 02:56 PM

Aredubjay <---------- Pointing and laughing . . . . . . . . AT NICK AND MIKE!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

Mr. Pockets 04-25-2002 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Aredubjay
Aredubjay <---------- Pointing and laughing . . . . . . . . AT NICK AND MIKE!!!! :D:D:D:D:D
Don't worry - I point and laugh at myself enough for everyone. :D

svxcess 04-25-2002 04:09 PM

Re: Finally got some pictures up.

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally posted by SpeedVX
Also as far as the exhaust goes..its not done...im adding a second muffler to give it that Corvette ZO6 look. They wont be sticking out that bad when its done b/c they'll be on either side of the differential. So any comments or criticism welcome.....ideas too!

Something like this?

Green1995SVX 04-25-2002 04:20 PM

Re: Re: Finally got some pictures up.

Quote:

Originally posted by svxcess

Something like this?

Looks like john was bored at work today...:D :D

-Mike

svxcess 04-25-2002 04:35 PM

Actually, I did that quite a while ago. The first design was on my pearlie, with all pipes together instead of grouped in pairs. see http://www.subarusvx.com/images/carp...e/white057.jpg