The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Q & A (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   is anyone there? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=37345)

min 02-06-2007 06:46 AM

is anyone there?

is anyone there right now? we don't know where to fill transmission fluid. hood is up - do we fill when the engine is hot or cold and where do we put it?

ShiuludeSVX 02-06-2007 07:00 AM

Fill Tranny

The Stick is on the Driver's side, below the Brake Reseviour.

This is also the fill point.

You'll need a long skinny snouted funnell, or a very steady hand.
I would not suggest doing it by hand though.
The Exhaust pipes are gonna smoke later.

msvx95 02-06-2007 09:32 AM

Yes he's correct....Doesn't matter if its hot or cold I don't think....I'd do it with the engine warm. The dipstick should have upper and lower limits for fill level.

min 02-06-2007 10:29 AM

mute point

it's a mute point now. the fluid looked like coffee... :(

Hocrest 02-06-2007 10:37 AM

Talk to "The Tom's"

I saw Young Tom (TomsSVX) posted about the ability to get the car to Philly. The other Tom (SVXfiles) lives closer to you in Cumberland, MD. They both have shops and I consider them both very qualified to swap your transmission with various options.

SSSVX 02-06-2007 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hocrest
Talk to "The Tom's"

I saw Young Tom (TomsSVX) posted about the ability to get the car to Philly. The other Tom (SVXfiles) lives closer to you in Cumberland, MD. They both have shops and I consider them both very qualified to swap your transmission with various options.

Agreed.

If you want to keep your car and get it fixed, will be happy for you since you have spent a lot of money on your SVX. :)

min 02-06-2007 01:31 PM

thank you

Man, you are all so nice. Budfreak1 is going to get the car and fix it. Now I see where it was parked, there is a bunch of brown crap. And my water pipes in my house are frozen. 2007 isn't going so well.

Budfreak 02-06-2007 01:51 PM

another 4.44 soon to be born.:cool:

Budfreak 02-06-2007 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hocrest
Talk to "The Tom's"

Thanks for the vote of confidence Dave.:p

Ricochet 02-06-2007 02:14 PM

Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one conciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather.

Budfreak 02-06-2007 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricochet
Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one conciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather.

What the hell is the Government putting in your guy's food???????:eek::D

Ricochet 02-06-2007 02:58 PM

He asked if anybody is here. A quote from Tool reveals that no, technically nobody is here.

Budfreak 02-06-2007 03:03 PM

Quote:

He asked if anybody is here. A quote from Tool reveals that no, technically nobody is here.

Lol! And it's a SHE.:o:p

Ricochet 02-06-2007 03:05 PM

a gurl on the internet? nowai! post nekkid pics

Trevor 02-06-2007 03:49 PM

Quote:

a gurl on the internet? nowai! post nekkid pics

Watch it, you may end up getting it in the nek, kid. :confused: :D